Pulse Fan Fest April 9th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Mar 15, 2021.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    We just need a Sludge analog and a Snarl replacement in our Bone Brigade.

And given the seperate head piece Mark showed off...it was a *planned* combiner.

2. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Nah, I'm sure the early leaks were to whip us into a frenzy and get us talking. It's how they build up hype for reveals like this.

3. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost 2 years waiting for Tracks and ... he's a bubble car.

Not sleek, not "sexy" and looks more like a Cyberverse for the most part.

*sigh* Still getting it I guess, but wondering if I should look at older versions now...

damn it damn it damn it....

• Like Like x 3
  4. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Windfinger is adorable, I imagine the critter constantly faceplanting after each attempt at taking flight. Must buy.

A few months back I was talking about how I'd lose my mind if Core Soundwave comes with a tiny transformable cassette. Well, the little dude comes with a single piece cassette, though it's impressive enough he can do the whole deploying gimmick, so let's say I'm half losing my mind. Still, Imma get me this Snackwave for sure, he's gonna be my go-to tapeforming Decepticon. ER 'Wave is cool too, but I just couldn't get over him not having Siegewave's wonderful ab crunch.

Track looks pretty good. Better porportions and head sculpt than the RTS incarnation, though it doesn't seem to be quite as posable as his predecessor. The single-piece skirt is not my ideal crotchular setup, though at least he probably won't have any issues with kicking forward a good 90 degrees. The fact you can rotate his cannons sideways is neat, it will make for some cool poses of him shooting in one direction and his back cannons in another. would be nice if it could aim upwards as well. His car mode is nice and pretty. Omitting the yellow form his flame deco is an interesting choice, though the combo of a red-and-white insigina on top of an all-red flame pattern looks surpirsingly striking. That and it makes the yellow behind his badge pop more in robot mode, it's always a nifty trick to have colors that only show up in one mode.

Rhinox looks rather, well, beastly in both modes. It doesn't seem wildly different from the T30 version, but I never got to pick that one up, so I'm definitely interested. Glad the painted miniguns won't be Takara exclusive feature this time around. Hopefully his posability's comparable to that of Primal and Dinobot (opening hands aside). His face sculpt is not super show accurate, but honestly I never was a fan of Rhinox' weird catlfish-with-a-Glasgow-smile type lips. T30 Rhinox had decent articulation, but the range on some of his joints was pretty limited.

Shattered Glass Blurr is interesting. At the very least it has a better face sculpt than the ss'86 version and the color scheme's not too shabby, so I might get him as lons as SG figure's aren't a pain to find.

Rodimus and Galvatron are glorious. That's all.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

And we'll have the Dino-Bone Bots!

6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Would like the Worlds Collide set, please.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So is Wingfinger's visor not painted in the photos or is it just hidden?

7. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

GIVE ME TINY SOUNDWAVE AND CULLEN-BOT.

Please. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Tracks looks good. Love the Corvette mode.

I'm also super glad they went with an SG Blurr deco inspired by the original... hopefully that will be the approach going forward with the line. Not that all the SG decos were great (Jazz, for instance) but to me it at least makes it feel like there is conceptual continuity between the Botcon figures and these new ones.

The rest all look fine. Wingfinger is the weakest of the Fossilizers, but he's kinda fun. Fossilizer + blast accessories pack is nowhere near as cool as the Centurion pack, but I ordered it anyway. Core Soundwave looks cute, but like all Core G1 figures he exists for only two reasons, to me... as an impulse buy, or as a way to bump an online order up by $10 to get free shipping. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I would have liked Wingfinger to have more of an actual wing structure, I was hoping one could use his parts to stick wings onto other figures...But, still a neat figure.

I donno how to feel about the other two Fossilizer repaints...Very G2. The Ractonite one (Which as one this moment doesn't seem to have any posted info on the front page.) seems to mostly be a way of selling collectors on a big set of blast effects...Which is tempting.

10. metalogan

metalogan Well-Known Member

WTF .. Ark is sold out!? Will these be open the public!? I hate when they sell out ..means I have to check my email every day until it\'s availalbe. FML

11. metalogan

metalogan Well-Known Member

WTF .. Ark is sold out!? Will these be open the public!? I hate when they sell out ..means I have to check my email every day until it\'s availalbe. FML

12. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Premium pre-order sold out. General public pre-order opens at 5pm eastern time. They should have more stock then, based on past experiences (such as the Pit of Judgement which sold out on Premium pre-order day, but had more stock on general public day).

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    only at hasbro pulse. Don't worry, there will be more stock at more online retailers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Shit, I owe someone an apology, it appears you can secretly combine the Fossilizers.  Also I need to start buying them then.

Ark sold out on HasbroPulse.  I\'m considering pre ordering one somewhere, it comes out around my birthday.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I thought transformers would be later so I missed that part. When on the main feed and they were showing some cheesy Power Rangers tv stuff. Oh my.

I hope to catch the recording of the transformers segment on YouTube later. So far, looking at the preorders, a nice lot! Galvatron and Rodimus are of interest. The fact we get charged in pounds what Americans are charged in dollars is annoying though.

I wasn’t aware Rhinox would also be up. He isn’t bad, but I think I prefer the previous version a few of you show on here. (T30?)

• Like Like x 2
  16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Man, if Hasbro actually did a series of MCU props with the Infinity Stones that'd be pretty cool.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus Seeker of Barkness

Galvatron, Tracks, Scorponok, and Rhinox are must-buys for me. Rodimus.....well, I'm mulling over whether or not he's worth it at the Commander Class price, but I'll probably end up getting him.

I still think the fossilizers look cool, but I still not interested in them as I don't think they fit well with my collection. However, I may just make an exception for Tricranius, just to get the blast effects (I can always sell the figure itself, I suppose).

SG Blur actually looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure he's worth Voyager price. Kind of on the fence on that one.

Auto-converting Optimus Prime is neat, but even if he didn't cost way too much for me, he doesn't scale with anything and I just wouldn't get enough enjoyment out of him to justify the cost or space.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I find the Ark to be a bit of a disappointment. I like the ship mode but the robot mode just doesn't do it for me. Teletran-1/Mainframe is okay. Might have been tempted to get it if it was sold separately. I wish the Ark had been a play set that worked with the core class figures. But hey, that's $160 dollars that can go toward other figures.

Overall though, I see enough good stuff that I'm pretty pleased with what I've seen here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Bone Brigade.
    Bone Squad.
    Bone Zone.

*pounds clipboard* BONE BONE BONE BONE...

• Like Like x 4
  19. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Ok, now that my initial disappointment has worn off a bit, I've got to say, I love everything that was revealed. Wingfinger is easily my favourite fossilizer, and I love that they're a combiner, something we've been asking for since Siege. Though, it is a little strange that it's a team made of two Predacons and a Maximal (which sounds like a great idea for a sitcom).

Tracks looks a little strange, and potentially like he's based on the Battlechargers mold (not saying it's a remold, just that they may share engineering). I'm willing to chock some of the strangeness up to the product shots. I'm curious to see the renders, or what he'll look like in hand. I would have preferred him to be a bit more slender, though.

I've already talked about Scorpinok in another thread, so all I'll say is that he's a little off, particularly in the colours, but I generally think he looks good.

Tricranius is interesting, but I would have liked to see more variations in the blast effects.

Rhinox looks amazing and exactly how I pictured him. I really hope he has decent beast mode articulation, as that would make him amazing in my eyes. Though, I feel I may have been spoiled by getting Kingdom Megatron first, as I expect that level of posablility on every beast figure now.

Dracodon is pretty cute. Hope it's a girl

SOUNDWAVE!! This figure took my expectations and blew them out of the water! I honestly didn't think I was looking at a core class at first. He honestly looks better than any previous WFC Soundwave, which makes him fall in line with core Megatron. I was honestly surprised to see he included a cassette, even if it doesn't transform. It's pretty cool to see the molding being based on the MP Laserbeak. In fact, the whole figure reminds me of the MP Soundwave. My only problems are that the head looks a little strange and the feet poking up in cassette player mode. I can overlook both, though. I just really hope I can find this guy for a reasonable price

Galvatron looks like the best Galvatron we've gotten. I just got Kingdom Magnus, so I'm excited to see how this guy looks with him. It's a bit of an old reveal, so I won't say much else other than I'm really excited.

Rodimus Prime looks like he'll be a legitimately fun Commander with a lot of features to mess around with. I really like that he won't take up too much shelf space, as I'm kinda starting to run out. His trailer is everything I wish we got from ER Prime's, and kinda makes me hope for a commander class Optimus and Ultra Magnus sometime down the road, just so we can get good trailers that can haul around deluxes. I love that he can hold a Matrix in his chest, as that was a feature I thought was missing from SS 86. He looks great in both modes, and I can say that I'm definitely gonna get him. Just need a Skylynx and Botropolis set first (hopefully in a few weeks)

This panel made the Ark go from a must buy to something I NEED. I love everything going on with Mainframe. I can't believe that this is how we're getting the Golden Disks. Not in some limited release exclusive available only in the US, but a mass release Titan that's gonna be EVERYWHERE for the Christmas season. The Ark itself looks amazing to me in both modes. A lot of people don't like the big gaps in the side, and while I can totally see where they're coming from, it just doesn't matter that much to me. As the first Titan I plan on getting, this guy will be a presence in my collection. Can't wait to see how he looks with cores. (Now I just need to decide if I'll display him in robot mode or vehicle mode...)

SG Blurr looks really cool. I would have liked to see more of the SG figures shown off, but I can kinda see what they're doing. It's like the Galactic Odyssey collection. I love his new head, and the paint looks pretty sick. I am pretty confused as to how it's going to be released, though. It is a Pulse exclusive, right? If it is, the box doesn't make sense having a window. Could this potentially get a mass retail release sometime down the road?

As someone who is super invested in science, engineering, and robotics, the Optimus is super impressive to me. At first, I thought it would be like Robosapiens from the 2000s, but this shows how far robotics has come. Its movements are so fluid and natural, and I love seeing it go between modes. But $700!? Look, I get it. It's really sophisticated. But I'm honestly really confused as to who the target demographic is. A lot of the features make it seem like something for kids, in the vein of those BB8 toys. But they seem to be marketing it towards adult collectors? But, I don't think a lot of adult collectors would use those features more than a couple of times. Plus, the whole "take it to your friends house" mentality shown off with the carrying case is something said more to kids. So, all of the evidence points to it being a kids toy; the hot must buy Christmas toy! But $700 is waaaay more than anyone would spend on a toy for their children, and it seems to be an exclusive or perhaps produced in limited quantities, which suggests it's for adults. It's just really confusing to me, and I honestly don't see them selling that many of them with that price. Again, I get the price, but I don't believe this is worth more than something like a PS5

In fact, that demographic confusion seems to be something plaguing the whole presentation. While I didn't notice it as much in the Transformers showcase, I did in the GI Joe panel. They spent half the panel showing off kids toys (and yes, I know that all of these are kids toys, but I mean KIDS toys. Things they actually said are for kids, like roleplaying toys). And while I understand that some people tuning in may have kids who they'd buy them for, that doesn't seem to be the main audience for a livestream like this. Most of the people who watch this are die hard collectors who want to see the newest releases in WFC, or GI Joe Classified. The average parent isn't gonna watch this and see the GI Joe 6" collection (which, again, they stated is marketed towards kids) and say "Oh, my son or daughter would like that!". They'd see it on TV, or in a store. So, it doesn't really make sense to me to show off stuff like that on this live stream. Now, that's not to say I wasn't interested in it, because I was, but it's not something I would buy. I just feel that they should take more consideration into who their target demographic is and appeal more to that. Don't confuse this with me demanding that Hasbro show me stuff that only I'm interested in, rather just me being confused as to certain inclusions, kinda like that DC Girls game in the last Nintendo Direct

Sorry, that was pretty long

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So.... what Fossilizers make up the combiner? I had no interest in them until now, so I’m not even sure how many of them there are.

• Like Like x 1
  21. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

So yeah, I'm totally buying all the G1 figures, and at some point all the BW characters in this line, not sure about the Fossilizers though. The Ark I don't know either, but I definitely want Mainframe if they do him in his proper colors. There are definitely some flaws, but overall I've been very happy with the Kingdom line so far. SG Blurr looks awesome too, and it makes me excited for more SG figures. I never got any of the original toys for SG, but I plan to get all of the ones that use any WFC trilogy molds.

• Like Like x 1