Pulse Fan Fest April 9th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T-Hybrid, Mar 15, 2021.

1. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    No
    All of your points hit what really pisses me off on this design.To add, the bottom rhino jaw should be missing behind his robot head.

I always saw rhinox as like he's got a hood behind his head with the edge being the rhino teeth. Since they used a fake jaw chest they needed to have the rhino jaw open like 180 and hide. They really failed to capture the character. I'm going to still buy it for completion but use my lgex instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You two made me look this up, yeah you're right. I like the end product though and I hope we get Torca or Ironhide from it.

england-london-university-college-london-the-grant-museum-of-zoology-CWM1C0.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what buggs me so much. That's why I asked if anyone can make sense of it. I can understand that it's easier to mirror both sides of the foot, but there's no reason to put any toes around the heels in the first place, unless, I thought, the heel toes are from the Rhino legs, but turns out they're not. The entire foot is one molded piece.

Like you said, there's no reason for toes in the back. The designer must've been drinking or something when they designed the feet. I will Dremel them away and hope that some 3rd party comes up with a sweet head. Not sure if anything can be done with those shoulder squares to turn them into the proper shoulders
    In two pictures the lower jaw can be retracted into the mouth. Not sure if that's dislocating it, stressing the plastic, intended or unintended though. Also might be hard to get out

Igex?

Attached Files:

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Kingdom BW figures aren't really trying to be animation model accurate though. None of them are, all take liberties with their designs, both in beast and robot modes (robot modes mainly take liberties due to the decision to do realistic beast modes)

• Like Like x 6
  5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

And poor Apeface and Snapdragon sit alone in the corner and comfort each other.

It's WalMart. Whatever it is called, there will be another exclusive line following Netflix.

• Like Like x 1
  6. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

You're making me stay up past midnight researching rhino feet.

• Like Like x 8
  7. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I meant Takara LG-EX version of Thrilling 30s Rhinox. Ah I see the problem is the jaw needs to be entirely missing as it's technically on his chest (fake or not). And the other issue is there are no teeth in the top half of the Rhino head in the pic you posted. Even pressed in like that it misses the point entirely. The original Deluxe and Thrilling 30 did a good job with that.

Ya but again this Rhinox is WAY OFF compared to all the others besides Cheetor who is also off. But at least all the others have totally anime accurate heads. Rhinox isn't even close. Why couldn't they be consistent?

Look at the incredible heads of Dinobot, Airazor, Blackarachnia, Megatron, Rattrap, Primal, Cheetor. They are pretty animation model accurate besides what's required to change for more realistic beast modes. With Rhinox all the scres ups have nothing to do with having an accurate beast mode. Only Cheetor was a bit off in robot mode and now he's joined by Rhinox which is a letdown. Scorponok is on point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair point on the heads, but as a whole, none of them are truly animation accurate. Close, sure, but not the same level that is being attempted with the G1 guys, so demanding show accuracy from figures whose goal is not show accuracy is kind of an exercise in futility.

• Like Like x 2
  9. samisham

Honestly the only issues I have with this figure are the head and the guns, which I guarantee will be replaced by someone.

• Like Like x 3
  10. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Yes demanding accuracy may be futile but here what's lacking is consistency making it look painfully obvious they screwed up. If Rhinox followed the standards set by Primal, Rattrap, BA, Scorponok, Megatron, Dinobot, Airazor then it wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb. Cheetor was the only dud but still had a super accurate head sculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guns definitely, I'm ok with the head if an actual production quality replacement (not 3d printed) never gets made, but I kept the guns from my LG-EX Rhinox for the sole purpose of swapping the ones this one comes with.

Who is setting this standard though? The design team or your own expectations? Primal's head isn't show accurate either because his chin doesn't have that cutout in the show. Each figure takes liberties with it's source design and as a result they work together very well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

Honestly, if it's one it's going to be the head IMO. 3P pretty much started with replacement parts and still do them all the time, I'm looking at you Renderforms.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, but new heads don't come out as often as they used to. Most upgrade kits these days are weapons, gap fillers or alt mode trim kits like spoilers for cars that lack them. Outside of Renderform I can't remember the last head upgrade to come out, and it's even been awhile since Renderform really did anything.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Rhinox has four toes? Tis is an outrage! I am cancelling my preorder Hasbro! Do better!

The four toes don't bug me though. Honestly of all the times I watched Beast Wars I never noticed his toes. Like others have said it is all apart of making his beast mode more realistic, hence the extra toes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, it seems that rhinos really only have 3 toes, so lets just say that Rhinox scanned some sort of pre-historic rhino that had 4 or he scanned a genetic mutation :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  16. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Ah well I stand corrected :lol  Maybe the Rhino he scanned had extra toe syndrome at birth hahaha.

• Like Like x 2
  17. samisham

That is true, but I think this time it will happen through the power of long term sustained whinging.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The WASPinator 3000

The WASPinator 3000 Random weirdo

Why is it that people are getting annoyed at foot design? It's not like those end up being his beast mode feet.
    I mean, why get frustrated at the amount of toes on his bot mode feet, if they don't translate over to beast mode? I dunno. It just seems nitpickier than some of the nitpicks I've seen in the Rodimus thread.
    And honestly, accurate or not, they look pretty cool lol. I really dig the design for this Rhinox, head and guns notwithstanding. And the head is already growing on me.

• Like Like x 5
  19. samisham

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's hoping :)  I'll be fine if it doesn't happen, but it'd be nice for those that want it. I think the thing that bugs me the most about the head is actually the lack of Maximal symbols. Though, one thing I just thought of. What if Rhinox's "ear muffs" are a detail reference to the hinges of his mutant mask from the original toy? They're in the right spot afterall
    BW10th01_1195305247.jpg dcb13e65-1529-4468-82eb-f661491c554c.jpg

Such is the state of the boards these days, anything less than 100% toon accuracy gets complaints and if something is 100% toon accurate it also gets complaints for being too toon focused.

• Like Like x 8