Psycho Roommate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by power3921, Aug 15, 2021.

1. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I could use some help. One of my roommates got arrested a few days ago for pointing an airsoft gun without an orange tip so it looked just like a real gun at a bunch of people, and me and my other roommate were told he wouldn't be allowed back. Except two days later he's back. His key is deactivated, but he's still allowed to be let into the building and into our apartment because he has a lease. Except possession of weapons (When the cops arrested him he had a bunch of combat knives, and he's bragged to us about having actual guns in a safe) and threats of violence or criminal activity are stated to be not allowed in the lease. We're planning on emailing management asking why they're letting him stay despite violating the lease agreement in a major way, but we're also a bit worried about retaliation if he find out. Any advice?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You worried about violent retaliation or legal retaliation?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Call whatever weekend emergency number you have for the office or security, don't wait for email. And who told you he's allowed back? If it was the roommate he may be lying. Whatever you do, be careful. A restraining order would have been a good idea to get ASAP.

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  4. power3921

I was told by the apartment staff that he's allowed back because he still has a lease. And possibly not violent retaliation, but quite possibly harassment. Part of the problem is that he's involved with some extremist groups that I won't identify to keep this non political, and I'm worried about getting on their bad side. I also do worry that he might know people involved in the building who would want to make life difficult

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  5. power3921

Sorry for the double post, but thinking about just asking if I can break my lease without paying a fine and just move somewhere else in the building, try a fresh start. I don't want to deal with a prolonged fight

6. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

Maybe come up with a reason like you fear for your personal safety given what has transpired. Mention that he keeps weapons in the apartment, etc. If he threatened you in any way you should say so as well. Start taking steps to leave as soon as you can.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I agree with Sharky, and you should get out of the building entirely. Maybe the landlord has other properties you could move to.

--Moony

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is why l prefer to live alone. I tried the roommate thing years ago. It did not work out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. power3921

Sorry I forgot to provide an update on this. Me and my non crazy roommate asked management if we could move, and they told us they were planning on moving him instead. Had to lie and pretend not to know about it when the psycho told us, so it was a bit intense for a few days hoping he wouldn't start blaming us, but the last Monday he left. Things are so much better now for me and the chill roommate. We can actually feel relaxed at home now

• Like Like x 7
  10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s a relief! Glad it worked out.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Glad to hear things worked out.