PSA: Buying Bots As Gifts? Check Their Batteries!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GoldbugTM2, Dec 19, 2016.

1. GoldbugTM2

GoldbugTM2 Right Hand Of Primus

An important warning for anyone buying loose Transformers equipped with Electronics, (ie. batteries):

I found a loose, (but complete), Nemesis Breaker for $15, for a gift for a kid in my family, since he is equipped with a sound function, I tested it. It behaved wonky, so I went to change the batteries. When I opened the battery compartment, to my horror I discovered the old batteries, (one of them in particular) had leaked pretty badly. Thankfully, I work with electronics so I know how to deal with a gummed up battery compartment. That said, a lot of people buying Transformers probably don't have electronics experience like I do, (though I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

I cannot emphasize enough, that this is a DANGEROUS phenomenon for a child to discover. (I learned this the hard way when I was a kid, but thankfully no one was seriously injured in that incident.) Battery leakage BURNS.

PLEASE make sure you double-check the electronics in any loose Transformer you're giving as a gift this Christmas, (and check any boxed oldie your kids receive on Christmas), and be safe when cleaning out battery leaks.

[​IMG]

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Ive opened every transformer i have ever had and took its battery out, its not hard to do and can keep the toy safer, also in the likes of rotf leader prime it shuts him up.