PSA Amazon Japan allows Global shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fake, Oct 10, 2016.

1. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

Yay, pre-ordered MP 36 Megatron on Amazon Japan and the total came to be 21,222 yen shipped to Canada which I think will be at least cheaper than HLJ by a little. Now just wait to see if Cheetor becomes available again. Inferno I have pre-ordered with AmiAmi which I think I'll just keep.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's not just Inferno and Cheetor. It's all Transformers (and Diaclone and I'm sure other toys). I found a few random exceptions: Megatron, Grapple, TAV Scorponok, Legends Astrotrain, Diaclone Reboot DA-02 and 03, TAV Bisk, TAV Ratchet, and Unite Warriors Computron (but not Bruticus). All are sold by Amazon Japan and not a 3P seller... It's just so random.

3. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    I was about to order Bruticus the other day and then they changed it from not shipping to US anymore. Super bummed out.

4. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

My brother in law just ordered Bruticus this morning from Amazon Japan, shipping to US, and I just got him within 3 days of ordering from Amazon JP last week. Also just ordered Computron on Monday this week, and DHL is delivering him tomorrow. I think as long as Amazon JP is the seller, US shipping is still available.

5. vespagym

vespagym Well-Known Member

I received the following reply when asking about US shipping for Inferno:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sooo, it was mistakenly listed for global shipping but corrected, yet nearly the exact same figure (Grapple) is still listed for global shipping and another MP that was just listed (Megatron) is listed for global shipping. That makes absolutely no sense at all. I wonder if they're going to honor Inferno's U.S. preorders like mine? The whole thing is very weird.

7. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People who ordered Primal got theirs.. So it's nothing legal. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have a feeling I'll get the same response.

8. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    Computron no longer shipping internationally.

9. Megagalvatron1

Megagalvatron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My delta Magnus I ordered from them should be delivered tomorrow. I hope all our pre orders stay intact. It really sucks if this all was a mistake and this won't work in the future. It was really nice saving money and getting really fast shipping

10. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

I hadn't even considered using Amazon Japan. As soon as shipping is working for more Transformers, I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need.

11. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I don't want to add fuel to a fire of panic or anything, but as an amazon japan customer for over 5 years, I will say that every now and then, they WILL cancel an order or pre-order abruptly if it turns out they can't fill it.

12. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm very curious if they'll honor the Inferno preorder that I have. I guess it's a good thing that I don't overly care about Inferno. Now Megatron on the other hand... He's up to 32% off and about $181 shipped with the current exchange rate. I'd be a bit more upset if they cancelled that for some reason. :) 

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  13. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

Ordered mine this past Monday and it arrived yesterday... crazy to think I might've gotten the last one. Lol

14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it's definitely not a matter of them not shipping toys to the US. They obviously do. If they put a stop to it, then it's some stupid internal policy of them not WANTING to do it, which is crazy.

15. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not allowed to ship (takara) toys to the US, due to their contract with Takara. These appear to have accidentally been listed to allow for shipping outside japan. We don't know how long they're going to stay that way so jump on it while you can.

16. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's just crazy since so many other Japanese online stores are doing it... I'm still waiting for my reply from them, but I'm not expecting good news.

17. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Amazon has any such contract with Takara. I know Takara has an agreement with Hasbro not to sell Transformers products within the U.S., but I would very much doubt Amazon has any reason to care. Amazon just wants to sell as many as they can. Who knows though...it makes about as much sense as the 'mistakenly labeled' line when they're evidently still 'mistakenly labeling' new products...

18. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a response!

-------
    Greetings from Amazon.co.jp.

This is to follow up regarding your inquiry on international shipping.

Per your request, I've checked whether the item you inquired (Transformers Masterpiece inferno MP33) and found out that it will be avail to ship internationally when it is released.

I am sorry for the confusion but for some items. warranty issues, manufacturer restrictions and some other reasons may prevent us from shipping certain products to all geographical locations.

Again, we are very sorry for any confusion this has caused. Please just know that we always value your business.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us at any time!

Best regards,
    小笹 / Kozasa
    ---------

So... it's weird. I used Inferno as an example since Grapple was basically the same toy and is available to ship to the US.

19. Megagalvatron1

News Credits:
    I've delt a lot with Amazon US customer service and my experience is ask four people the same question get four different responses. Best I can do is just order what I can and hope for the best. Megatron has gone even lower since I ordered him. Hope all my preorders go through. Guess we all will find out about inferno next week. My delta Magnus is being delivered today. Four days after ordering from Japan is amazing. It's faster service than I get from bbts

20. Megagalvatron1

News Credits:
    So my first experience dealing with Amazon Japan isn't going good. DHL did not deliver my package today. It's my day off and I've been home all day only to get an email stating I wasn't home and they left a note on my door. No note or anything was left at my door. When I call DHL they told me they can bring it tomorrow even though I'm off and waiting today and just got the email that he was here five minutes ago. They told me they could release the signature requirement but that leaves me wondering if he's just going to drop it off at a random house