PSA Amazon Japan allows Global shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fake, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just under the search button, you'll see a 'JP' button with a little globe. Switch that to English. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

They still strictly use DHL, unless that changes too with this new policy of international shipping for things other than media and books. They do use a piece of cardboard and plastic wrap flat items with that (no tape). They also use those inflatable bags for any excess space. I've never had any problems with damaged items coming from them, but again everything was flat so I wouldn't really expect any. DHL is awesome as well. They'll send you a text message the day of delivery to warn you that it's arriving and to have someone available to sign for it. I actually just had an order from Amazon Japan on the 28th of September and it arrived on the 30th for 1,750 yen shipping (3 items). That order was unusually fast though...It usually takes 3-4 days. Amazon Japan also gives reward points, though in very small amounts. Still, you can save a couple of bucks here and there. Overall they seem much better run than Amazon USA imo.

Ordering MPs from Amazon is going to be much nicer than the usual JP retailers, especially with the bump in EMS shipping cost. Plus, no more waiting for packages to sit in customs for two or three days.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

Signing up now...

Does anyone know how to answer the Name Pronunciation question???

3. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Just type "Amazon Japan English" into a search engine.

It's easier than finding the tiny thing on the site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I think you just type your english name twice. I set my account up in japan and the only help I needed was filling out a japanese address because I didnt quite get it. Especially with all the -chou and -kus you have to enter.

Oops read the quote wrong. I forgot what I did but when I go there now it automatically converts to english when I go. Chrome browser?

5. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    Yeah, Chrome does that.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Oh man, if I didn't already have MP Primal and Cheetor payed off, I'd be all over this! Such great deals on Amazon Japan sometimes, but I always hated how you couldn't ship to the US without going through a proxy. So happy to see it changed- I'll definitely check it out for future preorders!

7. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say, I don't think you need to make a new account with Amazon Japan, you should be able to sign in with your US Amazon account just fine. I'm in Canada and I'm able to sign in to the US Amazon site and order just fine. I did the same with Amazon Japan and the only thing I had to do was enter my shipping address into account info which is easy enough if you change the Japanese site to English.

8. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

I was not able to sign in with my credentials. Creating a new account was easy enough though.

9. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Hm I tried testing this out and shipping charges are pretty expensive. $42 shipping for UW Computron. Makes its total cost about as much as ebay sellers are asking.

10. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

Yikes.

So, my experience so far has not been good!

I made two orders:

1) Delta Magnus and Beast Convoy (as Beast is only a week or so away now)

2) Grapple, Cheetor, Inferno.

For each of them, I chose the 'group my items into as few shipments as possible' option, which, when processed gave me estimated dates for each. Sweet.

So I get a text today, telling me that they have shipped Delta Magnus today, and will be shipping Beast Convoy in the next week or so. Thus I have now paid a whopping £37.50 to ship EACH of these, which was not the option I selected.

Additionally, according to DHL's address, my parcel is going to BRISTOL. I live in Manchester. My address on Amazon.co.jp is correct. However, the DHL shipping address is BRISTOL.

Yikes. Not a good start!

11. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

I received a notification from DHL that my package has been delivered to Milwaukee, yet i live in Madison. I theorize that they delivered it to the Amazon warehouse in Milwaukee and from there they will Fed-Ex deliver it to my address. Is there perhaps a Amazon warehouse in Bristol? Just a theory. I'll feel better when I have the package in-hand. Also, I placed the order last Thursday. Talk about FAST international shipping.

Edit: It appears there is an Amazon warehouse in Bristol. I wonder how they are tracking the packages from their warehouses.

12. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

I just got home and my package was here. Wow! UW Bruticus in 4 days shipped from Japan. Color me satisfied. It was odd though, DHL left it with my neighbor. I seen the neighbor option on their website but I never chose it. Good thing I have good neighbors. Blast off!

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm curious how mine is going to go. I ordered TAV Scorponok (in stock), TAV Ratchet (in stock next week), MP Inferno (November), MP Grapple (February), and reissue Movie Ratchet (February). The shipping estimate for the whole ball of wax is Feb 25th, and is only $52. Will I get charged as each item comes in stock or will it wait until the end and charge it all? They haven't charged me for Scorponok yet, even though he's in stock...

14. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Will I run into any problems if I try ordering MP-36 from Amazon Japan? Will they have to put an orange cap on it?

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ive had no issues with Amazon Japan even in the past where they only allowed CDs and other non-toy items to be shipped.

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only one way to find out. I can't imagine Amazon Japan would take the responsibility of attaching orange caps, so at worst they may not allow shipping to the USA.

17. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I'm not so much worried about the orange cap as I am about getting it to the US. I don't really know how customs work and what could happen to it once it's shipped, that is if Amazon Japan even allows it to ship to the US.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just ordered a MP Primal for $100 and change shipped and went ahead and preordered MP Cheetor as well. :D 

I saved $15 when I canceled my preorder from HLJ. Looks like they shouldn't have taken so long to ship him out, as they just lost a sale. :lol 

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    My primal shipped out. Estimated to be dropped off on Wednesday! :rock 

20. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    96 bucks and 18 for shipping for MP Inferno. Not bad. Glad I decided to preorder him.