PSA Amazon Japan allows Global shipping

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fake, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay... so.. this is definitely something new and awesome.

2. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    Someone talk to me like I'm a total moron - can I use my regular ol' Chase US credit card for this? And I'm a little fuzzy from the earlier posts, can I use my regular American shipping/billing addresses?

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    Well, I use my UK credit card, with my UK billing address and shipping address, so chances are high...

4. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Well, you gotta have an amazon.jp account first.

amz-jp should give you all the information you need when you start an account with them. Especially which cc's and addresses you can use.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This could well be a major game changer.

6. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    This is just totally misinformation right here (OK, maybe RK make their money that way;) ). But HLJ and AE have very reasonable shipping costs, in fact, cheaper than what it costs to ship the item yourself. Shipping is expensive because its coming from half the world away in just a few days. Amazon might be able to negotiate a slightly cheaper rate simply based on their size, but international shipping is expensive. Period. As a comparison, for actual instock items: Unite Warriors Bruticus is 4260 yen to ship to my house EMS from HLJ, or 4568 from Amazon with their Global Priority. From your post its 1928 yen to ship Inferno from Amazon. It's probably a good guess that he's somewhere between Ironhide and Shockwave's weight, with would put him between 2140 and 2420 from HLJ. Also, see the post below, Fort Max was only about $80 EMS from HLJ. So, shipping is pretty much the same, or sometimes quite a big more.

Where you're saving is Amazon's overall lower prices....on some items. Transformers in particular are one of those. Also, something to remember, the price Amazon quotes is the total price, plus tax. International customers don't have to pay tax, so when you get to the Address step, you'll see a lower price, without the 8.5% tax.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like Amazon Japan doesn't take Discover, and the foreign transaction fees on my other cards are terrible, so any saving I get, might just get eaten away by fees anyway....

7. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Nevermind I found it on the front page.

8. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Its a yes and know I normally bundle gundam with my HLJ orders barring something massive like UW warehousing i avg. about $13 an item. Amazon jp works better for Inferno and Grapple and Delta Magnus versus the other MP's or even Ginrai. I ordered Inferno but held off on grapple because I want to make sure I get it shipped for 20 Priority and not a NY where Im invoiced for extra shipping. The shipping prices for in stock Gundams is crazy but now that I think about it they were shipped in really big boxes which would explain the high shipping prices. I have to see what it looks like if i bundle a couple of sets what the prices look like. I ordered 5 Gundam 00 1/100 kits from HLJ and that was about 64 to ship and one of them was Virtue which is a pretty big box.

9. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone actually had anything ship from amazon.co.jp? I put in a pre-order for MP Inferno, but I'd like to be sure it's a done deal before canceling my HLJ pre-order. I do have a $0.01 charge from amazon.co.jp, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    This is the first time I used them for international which I why I didnt put in a preorder for grapple. They do lock you in at the preorder price unless it goes down and then you are charged the lower price. My experience in tokyo was thar amazon jp was far more efficient than our amazon. Im guessing Inferno is coming in an ironhide size box due to the fact shipping was $19 cheaper than the shipping for applicable gundams. We'll find out in a month.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    WHATTTTTTTTTT!?

Goodbye other Japanese online toy sites..

12. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Lavender - the most evil of colours...

News Credits:
    Yep, I bought some mooks from them with a Visa credit card, which were sent to me directly. I also bought Exhaust and Road Rage from them, but those were sent to Tenso, then to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    It started in about May, and I found it is great for the older items that are on clearance for about half price.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It hasn't been working on eveyrtning... I always try to order Transformers from there on the off chance it'll let me. Most recently when the next Generations book was put up for preorder, I tried adding a Transformer and it said it can't be shipped to my address...

15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

However, Amazon will keep the price you agreed to, or LOWER it, but never increase it.

As a Japan, based collector, I'm only somewhat happy for you all. This is due to it being hard enough pre-ordering TFs in time, what with any scalper anywhere globally (cough, America and Hong Kong, cough) being able to take the lot...

16. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    damn inferno price is now ¥ 10,479 $7 more than before :(  but still I am going to try this on the Primal Prime

17. fake

fake Return to Innocence

Add it to cart and see the price drop :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    ok thx that worked.

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up. Pre ordered my mp 32 off amazon jp and cancelled my order on hjl.
    Right now my Amazon order is 10,632 JPY with shipping. My HLJ order was 9,600 JPY without shipping.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ok, I think I'll try it with Leo Prime and Super Ginrai instead. Got them slightly cheaper from Amazon Japan, compared to HLJ.

So far, after buying some hi def Blu-Ray DVD's with Transformers packaged with them, such as the AOE Hound, I've always been impressed with their shipping and professionalism.
    Will continue to try and get some nice deals in the future for sure, what with the VERY WELCOMED decision to change their overseas shipping policy on toys and collectibles. :D 

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016