Prototype Fortress Maximus on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Melkava, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    That does sound shady. I find it hard to believe there isn't some courier he can hire like Fedex or UPS that will ship it, rather than going through the Chinese postal service

2. buckizzled

buckizzled Well-Known Member

shameful.

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    he is talking out of his asshole, I buy wholesale from china and get huge parcels on a weekly basis, put your dispute in now and get your money back before he screws you over.

4. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I can't believe this buyer actually fell for that. My dog is smart enough to call BS on that!!!

5. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, I am the guy that won G2 Motormaster and even with the price, I was thankful to been able to obtain it (it beats alternative which was nothing), but I can understand the viewpoint.

Since I know the seller well and he has sent some emails so Chthon, Would you like me to email him myself and perhaps he would be more willing to tell me?

(I would like to help you out so you could get your FM Prototype.)

-TF2

6. Chthon

Chthon Member

Please refrain from passing personal judgment on matters you know little about. Trying diplomatic ways of working with an apparently difficult seller is not the same as thoughtless gullibility. I know what it looks like so I can't blame you for your comment, but rest assured that I am taking steps to make sure that if this deal does indeed go south it will not bite me in the ass financially.

I would very much appreciate that, yes. Thanks in advance.

7. buckizzled

update?

8. Transfan2

News Credits:
    Your welcome and I help you in the best way I can with your matter with the seller.

Let's say I post an update on the matter as soon as I can.

-TF2

9. Chthon

Chthon Member

Indeed, Transfan2 is being a tremendously helpful Transfan. Stuff is going on behind the scenes - I'll let you all know how it turns out.

10. buckizzled

dont forget you already paid that *SNIP* - STAFF so your his boss. tell that b1tch to delivery your fort max now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2008
  11. Chthon

Chthon Member

An interim solution has been reached. I opened a Paypal dispute to get the seller's attention, and it worked. The seller persists in his claim that there are customs restrictions in place, preventing him from sending the item. He is perfectly willing to send me the proto once those restrictions have been lifted, so our agreement for an exchange of money and goods arrived at via the auction is still good, but merely postponed, and will be renewed (so the actual execution of the deal will not fall outside the 45-day period in which disputes can be opened). That is, [a] he refunded my money and I negotiated that if/when we were to renew the deal later, it would be via the eBay system (with all its safeguards), not outside it. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I think I hear some of you gasping in unbelief: Chthon really is a poor, gullible sap! Why would he want to continue dealing with this seller, after all this hooplah? To that I say, first of all: there was a reason why I chose to go public on this forum with the problems I was experiencing with this deal - there's nothing like the crowbar of public opinion... And second, of course I share your opinion that the 'customs restrictions' story seems silly and far-fetched, but some customs regulations are silly and far-fetched, and not just in China! However, it should be clear by now that the seller is not an inhuman ogre bent on running elaborate eBay scams to steal buyers' money. I don't have any particular opinion about some of the shill-bidding allegations that I have read about this seller, but he did give me back my money (after some prodding). Also remember that he has good eBay feedback, he seems to have done right by Transfan2 (the fabled G2 Motormaster deal!), and he still has about four dozen early 90's Chinese Nightbeats and who knows how many Chinese Liokaisers and Road Caesars he needs to sell, so I don't expect him to want to risk his eBay and PayPal accounts by botching this Fort Max proto deal.

So it seems this was, as we say in The Netherlands, a storm in a glass of water: an affair that seemed like a much bigger deal than it actually was. We'll see what happens...

P.S. Transfan2, you rock! Sadly I cannot thank you by sending you a G2 Dead End (I only have two sealed cases of G2 Stunticons... And a MiSB blue Bluestreak), but I hope you get to complete your G2 Menasor one day!

12. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Glad you got your money back and in the court of public opinion, you have handled your business...my apologies if my comments were below the belt. ;) 

Edit: Yay 600th post

13. Transfan2

News Credits:

I am glad that everything has worked out with you regarding the item & the seller.

Q: Would you be willing to sell G2 Dead End (x1) & G2 Wild Rider?

(I understand if you don't want to, but I been looking for these for a while and saw no harm in asking.)

"Are you telling the truth or trying to pull my leg?"

-TF2

14. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    It was a little hard to tell from the context, but I'm pretty sure he was kidding about having two sealed cases, since no one has more than one set to my knowledge, let alone two whole cases. Would have helped if he used a smiley or something. /=)

Edit--That, and MISB Blue Bluestreak doesn't exist as a Transformer--only as a Diaclone.

15. Transfan2

News Credits:
    Sorry I didn't mean to get tricked, but I guess I see if what he says regarding it.

Let's say my thinking was a bit messed up since I was really excited for them and I might have got tricked, but I want to see what he says.

Thanks for understanding and to my knowledge, Silverstreak/Bluestreak only came out in Silver/Black so I can understand.

-TF2

16. Chthon

Chthon Member

That last bit would have been performing the function of a smiley - to say 'this is with tongue waaay in cheek'. Too subtle? Sorry Transfan2! If I ever do find one you'll be the first to know.

17. Transfan2

News Credits:
    It's alright and I am not mad with you, I just been looking for them for a while is all and that would be good to know if you ever find one.

Forgiven :) 

-TF2

18. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

ah man, that sucks. well, i'm working on a third trade deal with a guy in china and i know he's honest and upfront with things. he didn't say there was a restriction on large boxes but recommended waiting till september 20 to ship.

customs is being insane for the olympics. he says they are opening EVERY package and i think waiting a couple months is much better than getting a poorly repackaged broken toy.