Protectobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Okay, I was just finishing watching Season Two of G1 Transformers. It was pretty cool seeing the introduction of all the new combiners. Example, we seen Optimus Prime create the Aerialbots, we've seen Megatron create the Stunticon's, and we've even see Starscream create his Combaticon's. But where the hell did the Protectobot's come from?
    Was just watching episode BOT and all of a sudden here comes Protectobot's and Defensor?

Anybody have any clues where they came from? Did I miss something? It was like they just all of a sudden appeared! Then again, come to think of it, so did the Constructicons!

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's just G1 being silly again. I don't think there was an introduction.

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I just assumed they were recruited from Cybertron. Many characters popped up in season 2 and it was always sort of implied they came from Cybertron to assist with things on Earth.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Well that makes sense I suppose. Still, I like to see where they started like the other's I've mentioned.
    I think it was episode Grimlock's New Brain we get introduced to Computron.

5. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The constructicons kind of got built btw its mentioned in heavy metal wars (although its questionable)

Ive always had the same problem with the protectobots though i swear theres pretty much nothing to say where they cam from

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Yeah the only gestalt team with clear origins are the combaticons, who Starscream stole the processors to rebuild from cybertron.

The rest all vary in origins. Constructicons built megatron, but were also built by megatron, Computron was built by grimlock, stunticons and aerialbots were built using vector sigma to give them life, though their sparks could have pre-existed with in vector sigma, etc.

As someone else said, it's just G1 being G1 and silly.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tfwiki says that the Protectobots were given to the cartoon's production staff after they had already decided on the plots for the last batch of episodes, so they didn't have room to do an origin episode for them. They only ended up in Revenge of Bruticus and BOT because Hasbro insisted.