Proposing an idea for a Star Wars fan edit

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by LightningBlade3, Jan 4, 2017.

1. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    This probably isn't the best place to be asking this since this is primarily a Transformers forum site, but maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

I grew up with the 2004 DVD versions of the Star Wars Saga, and as the years went on, I discovered what changes were made to the original films. Currently I don't own any of the Blu-Ray special editions because certain changes made to not just the original trilogy, but some minor changes to the prequels as well irritate me

After watching and studying many videos showing and discussing the many changes made to the Star Wars Saga, I want to take a stab at making a "definitive" special edition fan edit on Blu-ray, but lack the knowledge/means to do so. I do want it in Blu-ray quality so I'll probably want to do it similar to how the despecialized versions work for the Blu-ray versions of the film where all that is required of the viewer is to purchase copies of the official Blu-ray discs of the films (at least that's how I hear it works).

So for example, I like the Victory Celebration music and additional celebration scenes at the end of Return of the Jedi in the 2004 version, but I want Sebastian Shaw as Anakin instead of Hayden Christensen. Or I want the Obi-Wan's krayt dragon yell to be like that of the 2004 version.

Stuff like that because I personally feel like the 2004 DVDs are the best versions of the films, but obviously could still use tweaking to be even better (such making Han shoot Greedo first in A New Hope or removing Vader's "Nooooo" in Return of the Jedi). I really could keep going, but I'm hoping that you get the general idea of how I think the special editions should've been.

So if someone is willing to help, or at least point me in the right direction to go about this, that would be awesome. Thanks a lot!

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fanedit.org – Home of the fanedits

Resources and forums right there on the front page. Everything you need to make your vision come true. Heck, someone may have already done just that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot mate! Like your username btw. That upgrade set was my first 3rd party purchase.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh, it was one of mine, too!

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits: