Project ????? Transformers Crossover Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by grimlock321, Apr 16, 2020.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Of all the stuff mentioned, I think the TF/G.I.Joe crossover might be the most likely to actually happen. Hasbro owns both properties and there's actually established media supporting it (or at least the general idea of TFs and Joes together...I never read those comics, so I'm not privy to the deets). I think the possibilities are pretty interesting. Who knows how far they'd go, though, and what kind(s) of figure(s) they might start with to test the water. My guess is a transforming trouble bubble would look stupid...lol...probably start with a HISS tank or Vamp...Sky Hawk...AWE Striker...something like those.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    I think it would be neat if they did a Airwolf transformer that was a helicopter that transformed to stringfellow halk

3. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

His target master's name would be Boomstick

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bluetigatron

Bluetigatron I'm a transformers fan, duh

I'd be sick if deltas Magnus (name in progress) could be a double target master! boomstick, his shotgun and I don't know a name, his chainsaw

5. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

What about Jawline Maximus, with his weapon masters Boomstick aaaaaand..... I don't have a good chainsaw name. Someone did a chainsaw platypus that can be ordered on shapeways. I feel like a chainsaw beaver would be something more likely Ash would stick his stump into (sexual innuendos abound!) Maybe named Pillowtalk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    I might have predicted Gigawatt.

7. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve been playing a lot of Final Fantasy and I think it would be cool to see some of the vehicles and airships like the Highwind, Ragnarok or the Regalia as Transformers. Heck team up with Nintendo and and make Transformers of the Arwing, Wolfen, Landmaster, Blue Falcon Transformers.

The Mach 5 from Speed Racer would be cool too

I would love the General Lee but I don’t see it happening for.....obvious reasons

And per usual I want Rainbow Dash Transformer and stop bugging people about

EDIT: Before I forget, Car Built For Homer, Honor Roller and Mr Plow pls

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In stock

News Credits:
    This would be epic!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Riddler87

Riddler87 Everything's a puzzle

Okay so I know the rumors said they couldn't figure out a deal with DC but I was looking at my Rodimus Unicronus who in my head has Lobo's personality and I thought how cool it would be to have an actual transformer of Lobo that turn into his hog.

Oh, who am I kidding? They would probably just do Batman into the Batmobile, because the world needs more Batman toys. The main man never gets any respect.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

As intertwined as G.I. Joe and Transformers are (original characters and story for both developed by Marvel, toys advertised during each others' shows, several comic crossovers) it is astounding that Hasbro has never put them together for a toyline. There have been some similar vehicles (Snow Cat) and limited run items through the clubs, but I want a full crossover line. That may be more difficult to do now than it ever was considering the current brand unity with Taktom. I doubt the US military vehicles and/or accompanying figures would be popular in their markets.

Hasbro owns Power Rangers now, so maybe that would be another in-house crossover possibility now. Would they have issues with that in Japan considering it is a different franchise there?

• Like Like x 6
  12. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Possessed by the ghost of Starscream?

• Like Like x 3
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Good points regarding Joe/TF. My fear is that we end up getting a Joe/TF crossover along the lines of those old Star Wars/TF toys. I didn’t like those at all. Derp factor 10, IMO. And hell, many TFs are basically war machines anyway. Maybe they could stylize things to look less like real-world military vehicles.

I’m not sure about the PR crossover issues that may arise in Japan. I’m honestly not too familiar with PR and I don’t know who owns what and where as it pertains to the licensing and rights. Has there ever been any kind of PR/TF crossover in comics or anything like that?

14. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No crossover in the comics yet but I wouldn’t mind it at all. Also since flame toys is doing their own MMPR transformable/combinable megazord through the Hasbro license, I’m pretty sure it’s possible for hasbro to do the crossover regardless of toei and Bandai of Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    It's happening :D 
    The rumor came from one of our board members who has been proven to be a very reliable source.

• Like Like x 3
  16. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

So there was rumor of a TMNT crossover figure being planned for the Generations x Crossover Collaboration line in the form of a TMNT party wagon.

One of our respected leakers said this fell through after no deal could be struck with Playmates on TMNT.

Cue this past week when credible leaks have dropped regarding TMNT Power Rangers figures coming from Hasbro.

If a deal could be cut for 6 inch figures, doesn't it seem like a TMNT Transformer is potentially an option.

If I had to speculate, I could see it being a HEAVY retool of Earthrise Ironhide and Ratchet with the van's shell roof acting as a riot shield or being wearable as a shell on the back with the TMNT's signature weapons being packed in.

Thoughts?

17. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat SELLING EVERYTHING!!

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I think the power rangers tmnt figures was able to happen due to the fact that I don’t think it will be regular turtle figures but the turtle rangers. Since it’s not something that playmates can sell, it’s not direct competition. If they were able to do a turtle van, I’d like to see it transform into that turtle mech.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If Capcom's willing to do crossover projects again with Transformers it'd be cool if they did a Dino Crisis crossover using of course Kingdom Dinobot and Megatron to represent the dinosaurs from the game series along with using any of the fembot molds to represent Regina the main heroine of the games.

Also on a crazier note it'd be cool if they somehow make a Resident Evil and Transformers crossover work like using certain Kingdom molds to represent the Umbrella non zombies like Lickers and Ceerebuses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TrailbreakimusPrime

TrailbreakimusPrime Well-Known Member

If subject isn't clear enough, I'd like this to solely be about ideas for the Crossovers line (both comic AND toy). We had a guy on here post his custom Toddotron (Toy Story Pizza Planet delivery truck) which made me wonder, what other lines would be interesting. A slight mold modification to all the Star Wars Transformers would open them up. Just change out the Star Wars characters from the various types and you have the Transformers x Star Wars. I have been working on a Shuttlepod 1 transformer (based of Earthrise Wheeljack) from Star Trek Enterprise idea for just a few days. but there is the idea for a TF x Star Trek brewing.

You don't need a fully fleshed out idea. Just a basis if necessary. A long time ago I posted how a company had a "transforming" RMS TITANIC. Then that 3rd party posted it's WW1 rendition to "Jetfire". Made me remember a comic series about Age of Steam Transformers. Could make that I guess? But from movies/TV?

It's drawing ever closer to the 100 year anniversary to the start of hostilities for WW2. I don't think it would be done by HASBRO, but any TF x WW2? Transformers from WW2 era (kinda like how the Combaticons started in G1 as WW2 military equipment.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Hm, there's no videos or in-hand photos yet of Ultimate X-Spanse, which is supposed to come out in (checks watch) like a week or so, are there?