Project Gotham 3 for 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mike, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    My bro picked this one up today! its not bad! Not as good as we thought it would be, its pretty pixaly looking. a lot more then call of duty, and kameo, but not bad I guess, and I suppose it would look better on an HDTV.

but anyways, the game, from the 2 minutes I watched him play, looks not much greater then the top notch xbox racing games, but there are a few sweet details xbox could never do

for starters, the reflections in the car are super accurate and super smooth running, the car reflects anything in the level perfectly. inside the car, you can see smears on the windows, you have all 3 rear/side mirrors to see behind you, all real time pictured, and even tilted like a real car, its awesome!

glowing from the sun through the trees and around buildings. when you look towards the sun, everything in front of it goes really dark, and you get this glowing around them as you would in real life.

motion blurr!! holy crap, is this ever an awesome part of the game. Anything close to you wizzing by blurrs as it would in real life as well, like when you are driving across a bridge, and all the pillars are blurred while you look at the background, which isn't blurred. It mimmicks this in the game perfectly. So you can race down a bridge, which is all blurring as you look out the side window, but the city in the background isn't blurred at all. its so crazy :rock 

The roads look very realistic, but the grass doesn't.. guess they never got to making the grass realistic.

When you're inside a tunnel, the lighting adjusts like it would through a real camera, so when you're just outside the tunnel, it looks really black inside, but you get in the tunnel, all the lighting adjusts, like your eyes would, meanwhile the outside of the tunnel goes really white. again, really awesome!

k, im gonna go play some more, just has to share my thoughts :p  man I can't get over some of the things this thing can do, and its only the first generation games using 1 out of 3 processors :ev: 

the games next year for 360 and the other systems are gonna kick so much ass :rock 

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Sounds cool. Ive noticed that PGR3 has some really great blur effects.

(waits for Perfect Dark Zero impressions ;) )

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Saw a commericial for it last night. Looks pretty incredible.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh it is a rip off.... No Batmobile....

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

The commercials seem to vary, in some it looks fantastic. In others it looks slightly... 'grainy' I guess.

I'm still a little confliced on wether to pick this up on release date, or to wait and get it for Xmas...

Xmas seems more likely.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    unless you have an HDTV or a computer monitor to play on, it doesn't look all that much better then the top notch xbox racing games. Just a billion more buildings and items through out the levels and some fancy blurring and glowing techniques :) 

its definatly better then the other versions of the game, but not significantly better. The more I play it, the less it impresses me, cuz I keep looking back at rallisport challenge 2, and Fortza, and they look almost as good on a regular tv. but niether of those later games could ever animate the amount of scenery in PGR3.

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

It does have the Batmobile. The Panox GTR-1. which is nicknamed the Batmobile.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well that ruins my joke...

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah that purple Panox GTR-1 is always wrecking me in LIVE :lol 

I get slammed all the time but its still fun. We all usually race the same car or race in teams of red & blue in "Capture the Track"

It looks good , but not as good as COD2. Of course my tv is HD, 60 inches and supports 1020i, so COD2 better look amazing since it supports them.
    Thinks PGR goes up to 720. Its a fun game, it's easy to get any car you want with only a half an hour into the game.
    The graphics on those country roads look real good, and love how the crowd backs away when you drive towards them.

Finally figured out how to listen to your custom tracks while playing any game and Perfect Dark Zero is like a whole new game. It's pretty cool with some metal or 80's tunes playing. It gets really vibey.