Prof. Heisenberg Solution Set S01 and S02 Weapons kit for Titans Return Fotress Maximus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I to have this pre-ordered by not at BBTS though. Is the gun an issue in the robot hands as described by DoubleClouder? From the pics posted here, they should all be flushed around the handle, not a single finger sticking out.

Thanks DoubleClouder for bringing this to our attention!!

2. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    The only way you could fix this is to make the hole on max smaller. If you make the peg thicker it will not retract, i tried with some brushed on lazerbond.

3. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

This is disappointing. I suppose the solution is to treat FM's ports instead of the gun's peg.

4. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Can't you just thicken the peg by wrapping a small strip of tape around it? It's a ghetto fix but it's not the least bit permanent... and you don't mod Fort Max in any way.

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Not if you want it to still retract. The tolerances of the hole it retracts into is too tight to add tape or floor polish.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    It fits in the hands, it's just that one finger doesn't sit as flush as the others. It doesn't stick out fully extended or anything.

7. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for letting me know.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    I got my two guns and the sword today.

The sword, my gawd! Absolutely beautiful!!!

The two guns. so amazing they fit perfectly in the slots of the default hands, and yeah the index finger sticks out a bit due to the gun butt end of the gun handle. I don't have the DNA hands yet, so I got no idea what the gun will look like in those.

As for how they fit? Yup, floppy and limp on pretty much every single 5mm hole on FM.

Sadly, the pegs on both sides of the gun seem to be less than 5mm. a huge shame, but... not entirely a deal breaker as I can floor polish the peg holes on the tower and on the back, no biggie really.

Also when using the switch on the back of the guns extending either pegs is a pain. the holes the pegs pop out of are pretty small. so if polish is used be very careful and do so in the holes you want to peg the gun into instead of the pegs themselves. because there's a large chance the pegs will get stuck inside the gun itself. seriously very tight fit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Can someone post a picture of the gun next to its G1 counterpart??

10. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    should get the gun in next week! I bought it for the deluxe headmasters though lol cause they were the only ones that used it in the toon

11. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    Im eventually going to get them both for my Takara Legends Fortress Maximus! like the clear look better than then the solid red sword it came with. and ill also be getting a couple DNA upgrades as well!

12. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Got mine last week, and just dropped a few drops of super glue into the holes on Fort Max's tower. Perfect fit now.

Really it's fantastic gun, and the peg being loose is such a non-issue when there's so many options to fix it out there. Certainly nothing I would consider dropping a pre-order over or claiming it's a failure, etc.

Also, before anyone goes damning the company for making the mistake, go ahead and try pegging the gun to any 5mm hole in any other figure. It is, in fact, a perfect and snug fit. It's actually Max's holes that are ever so slightly over-sized. Try another standard 5mm gun, and you'll see. Yes, PH should have probably adjusted to fit, but maybe they assumed he had normal 5mm ports.

Lastly, my the peg on my gun has some super glue on it, and slides back into the gun just fine. But, even if it didn't, and just stuck on one side, it's so short, it easily just blends in with all the other sculpting on the gun.

So really, what I'm saying is, if you like the gun, the peg is just a non-issue. Thicken up the peg, or hole, with your thickening agent of choice, and you've got an excellent, well priced Fort Max gun.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

I bought the kit and all I can say is the sword is awesome! The plastic is thick and transparent and the gun itself is very nice. To be honest though I also bought the Perfect Effect gun instead because I liked the size and the esthetics of the PE gun more. The Heisenberg gun is nice put a bit too plain for me.
    I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures with the guns in ship or fortress mode but I mainly display Fort Max in robot mode that's why.

20170217_204518.jpg 20170217_173731.jpg 20170217_173854.jpg 20170217_174006.jpg

14. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Hitokiri, how does the PE gun fits in the slots of Fortress Maximus?
    I want a gun for him and I'm a bit worried about the whole "doesn't fit in the tower" thing for the Heisenberg one. I don't want to fix the holes because other guns I have (like CW Cyclonus and TR galvatron ones) fit. If the PE gun works out of the box I'll go for It (unless DNA releases that damn rifle...).

15. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3988.JPG Wish that there was a peg on the back of the gun handle. In the toon the gun pegs in sideways

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  16. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    IMG_4003.JPG
    Quick dirty shot of the gun being held. I like it a lot. King Grimlock approved

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Looks good and menacing. Two unrelated questions: is Grimlock the OS one? Is there Pen Optimus Prime on Fortress' shoulder?

18. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Has anyone out there tried the Heisenberg gun w/the DNA hands?

If so, how did it work out?

19. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Little late but yes and yes lol

20. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How in the heck do you get this gun to fit in the PE hands? There's little bar things on the gun handle that are preventing it from going in and they're even getting smushed now that I've been trying...