Product description for Kingdom Slammer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    There's now potential re-use figures for the Full Metrosquad Minions (as well as Sixgun & the upcoming Slammer there's a few Micromaster carbods to do a Metrobomb recolour) so them and their boss would be amazeballs!

• Like Like x 6
  2. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

I'm not really bothered about having all my figures in scale. Just would prefer a better metroplex than the original thats not taller than Trypticon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

^^^....this

i am sure a new plex will end up more or less like that garbage ass hollowed out ark that just came out.

unless this was a life long dream of a hastak designer. that gets produced in the same fashion as they did scorps. where they are essentially fighting for every scrap of the budget they can to create an awesome bot.

but i doubt that would be the case here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everyone is so happy that Slammer won't be a repaint of Warpath. Has anyone considered that he may instead be a retool of FastTrack? After all, it wouldn't take much to say that spear mode is also a tower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    this description assumes that people can still find and pay for 2013 Metroplex, and same goes for siege sixgun.

6. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Some of that is just potential QC that could befall any new Transformer, and nothing that would change the fact that I'd like to see them someday reattempt Metroplex.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

It does not. That's specifically why it says "subject to availability."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s not

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We got Black Roritchi from Fasttrack

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danny Caught

Danny Caught Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Happy as a CHILD it’s not a Kingdom WARPATH redeco/remold ! Can’t WAIT !

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    @Apollux's description of the distinctive Treads/Chainsaw-looking shield would seem to indicate possibly not but IIRC the figure was designated as a "Partial" (which I believe was in part how the possibility of him being based on Warpath arose, from an honest mistake in an entirely logical deduction/guess/reasoning based on the information presented going awry) implying it will have shared parts/engineering with another Weaponizer so I wouldn't write off the possibility entirely, Hasbro have managed some crazy stuff with partials since TR (Scourge/Highbrow? The Targetmaster "Seekers"? Alpha Trion/Broadside? Blurr/Brainstorm? The TR Monsterbots? All amazingly well executed differentiations).

• Like Like x 3
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Is Hasbro participating with SDCC this year?

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Can we chill on the "it's Warpath retooled!"/ "it's a partial!" please? Until actual pictures show up all we have to go on is the description that CONFIRMS he breaks down into 8 separate parts that function just like the other weaponizers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    None of these are worse than paying $500 for the IDW-style Generations Metroplex. I don't understand the hysteria against wanting a new version of a decade-old figure. It seems like whenever a fan says "I want this," another comes along saying, "how dare you, this is a personal attack on everyone who already has one."

• Like Like x 5
  16. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the original Thrilling 30 Metroplex and sold it, I personally thought it was a jangly mess with odd proportions & IIRC the ramp didn’t even go all the way down. If you like it, cool.

I’m still buying Slammer as it seems like a fun toy regardless. I’d also like a new Metroplex as I feel it’d be a better toy than the previous one. If you have the previous one and want to stick with that though, again, cool.

Wanting a new Metroplex doesn’t take away from others having the old one though, and if anyone else prefers the Thrilling 30 one after seeing a new Metroplex then the old one will likely go down in price anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, Airwave shares like three parts from Brunt so anything can happen.

• Like Like x 2
  18. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

This is awesome news! Soon as pics are revealed and pre orders available, I’ll lock in an order. Need one to go with my Plex. Which speaking of, I do hope they either reissue so more fans can get one, or Redo it. They could also go the route of saving a little bit by making Metroplex match the height of Titans Return Trypticon. That would be great, everyone could then have a new Metroplex, and have it match Trypticon. Maybe that could help Hasbro save money in designing a new one. Would love a more G1 looking take, the Generations one is great but would be nice if he matched heights with Tripticon.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

1.) That is unlikely, as they would be ratchet joints like Scorponok or Omega, not friction joints, and if they were too tight that's just a QC issue like any other price point.

2.) Again, unlikely considering every other titan so far has had more than tight enough ratchets. If they don't it's once again a QC issue which is just as likely a risk as any other new figure of any price point.

3.) The only titan so far with notable gaps in any mode is the Ark, and there's a legitimate practical reason for them, as unfortunate as they may be. It's extremely unlikely Metroplex would have any that bad though, given neither the G1 Metroplex nor T30 molds have needed them.

4.) Umm... Okay? Then they just release Scamper concurrently as a standalone deluxe or core class figure, like they did with Scorponok and Fasttrack. I really do not see how that is an issue. Honestly it's probably a better idea cause then Scamper isn't leeching budget off of Metroplex, or vice versa.

5.) Again, unlikely. They'd find a way to make him as close to perfect within the existing titan budget just like everyone else. They've been able to make some incredible stuff with limited budgets, especially with this most recent trilogy.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Phil Bond

Phil Bond Well-Known Member

Par for the course with WFC’s Titan citizens.

Cog: no weaponized mode
    Six-Gun: no vehicle mode
    Brunt: no robot mode

• Like Like x 5