Producers Bob Orci & Jeff Kline Talk Transformers: Prime With MTV

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 4, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bear in mind that Orci is only a Producer of the show and not a writer. Just like Fringe.

As far as I'm concerned he is better at TV than Movies. It's hard for me to blame the writer's strike for their work when it is on par- perhaps even a little better- than their other works.

And yes- I am including Star Trek into that comment as well.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    From what I understand, an executive producer of a television series has influence on the production equivalent to a movie director (roughly). Almost everything comes under their scrutiny and the final decision is usually theirs to make.

The executive producer will usually set out the "big picture" of the series, which in this case is "How we would have made the movies without Michael Bay."

3. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    who are the fans they're referring too that like arcee? Imo no body cared and were glad to see her and her horrible design die. She was alright in g1 but in the movies and prime she's awful.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I'm pretty sure most people have said that they love Prime Arcee. People are only mixed on ROTF Arcee due to her incredibly diminished role. She wasn't around enough to care/ acknowledge her character.

5. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd like to hear your reasoning for bashing prime Arcee. She is one of the better characters on the show in my opinion.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the movie Arcees and I'm sad they had to be killed off, apparently.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    ditto

8. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I don't expect that Mr. Bay has even really noticed this series to be honest. He's much too busy with making the 3rd movie at the moment.

If Bay had some kind of stigma against Arcee's character from the start (perhaps bearing in mind what he may have seen of her G1 self), then it may have been better if a completely new name was invented for the triple bike sisters. Bay might not have approached the concept of them with as much prejudice then. But that wasn't gonna happen since I'm sure Hasbro were keen to make use of known TF names.

Or another possibility I considered is simply that Bay just couldn't really understand and appreciate the complex idea of a female character divided into three components and as a result, decided to treat them as separate individuals whom he still didn't care much for.

Whatever the case, ROTF Arcee suffered in screen treatment as a result of the director's dislike of her.

This sounds like it might be right.

Would it be fair to view the Prime series as a subtle jab at Bay then? Good thing it probably hasn't even registered on his radar.

9. Jcanuc

Jcanuc Well-Known Member

Ok, I have to admit that from the movies I had Orci picked as a hack. - My appologies sir.

After watching this little clip and seeing that he admits to some of his lack of prior knowledge of the franchise, that some things were done not as well as they could and most importantly - He has been paying attention, learning and making ammends and corrections - I have a lot more faith in you sir.

So far TF PRIME has been an incredible addition to the franchise, and an excelent replacement for animated. I am really enjoying the return to the core and the rebuilding of the franchise.
    Not to be a G-Whiner, but for me TF lost its heart and soul after G1 (granted re-watching G1 had it's share of really bad episodes). beast wars was ok, I just couldn't get into the whole animal thing. RID, Armada and Energon were all fun, but to anime-ish with great but overly flashy transformation sequences and combiner gimicks. It wasn't until animated I felt like ther was some real story telling and that life was brought back.

Prime so far has been good and has the life I need as an older fan, the characters are reinvented but in line with their iconic lineage. I look forward to seeing this version stick around for hopefully a while.