Problem with "One Shall Stand" Classics Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Field94, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I had the One Shall Stand Platinum set come in yesterday and I am loving both the Megatron and Prime, except for one thing: Prime's left cab shell isn't lining up properly to tab in flush.
    IsItBroken (5).jpg IsItBroken (6).jpg IsItBroken (7).jpg

Below are some images of the panel bent at the hinge, held into place with some force and where it will flex back to when that force is released.

IsItBroken (1).jpg IsItBroken (3).jpg IsItBroken (4).jpg

Any ideas as to how to fix the issue or any mistransformation that can alleviate some of the issue? Is this a widespread thing that I didn't notice people mentioning for a few months?

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not really much you can do. You might try adding some Future to the tab on the grill to see if it adds enough surface to stick.

As it is, though, this mold has been through the wringer more than two handfuls of times. It was bound to suffer from mold degradation eventually...especially once the translucent plastic was introduced.

3. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

That's frustrating. I sometimes use clear nail polish on loose ball joints. Not sure if that would work here.

4. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    I'm afraid the piece is just a bit warped. Being a hard plastic, there is not a whole lot you can do except try to exchange it for another set.

Just FYI, every official version of the mold used clear plastic almost completely painted over with the exception of the windows for these parts, so it really isn't a new thing...however, it is very much true that the mold is not getting any younger.

5. mrcreativename

mrcreativename Well-Known Member

I have the exact same problem with my Henkei Ultra Magnus.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    My pre-release testshot is the same way. Guessing the mold is just showing it's age. I tried to heat mine up with a high dryer to straighten it out and it really didn't do anything,

7. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I also heard Megs had some issues as well.

It looks like a good set an I've been thinking about getting it. Meg's colors aren't like the takara versions, but they do look better than the original hasbro color scheme. The fact that Prime has unpainted side panels annoys me though, but I actually do have the 2006 release of the mold, so I'd mostly be getting it for megs anyway.

I'm sorry, they are on balance both good toys that deserve a spot in your collection, but they are ten years old and showing degradation. Me, I'm trying to wait for TR megs. (Cw Optimus has largely taken my classics Optimus's place on my shelf.)

8. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the replies. Shame it seems that it will have to just be that way, but it doesn't affect transformation too much and I've found that since the panels aren't painted you don't notice as much. He's gonna be in robot mode most of the time and there are no flaws in that mode so all around not the worst thing to happen.