Problem with Anime-Export Order

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Butuman, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Greetings,

Anyone have this issue with Anime-Export before? I purchased 2x MP-34 Cheetors. I received a tiny package, and at first I was like, MP Cheetor's box must be tiny to fit 2 in this box! Opened the dispatch note, definitely says 2 items, yet when I opened up the box, only one was in there. It was a tight fit and the figure barely fits in there.

Anyone have issues with missing items in their orders with Anime-Export before? Still waiting for a response, anyone have feedback on their customer service?

Attached Files:

2. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, there's a thread somewhere, you may want to use search or google it. Im sure someone who has been through stuff with them will pop up in this thread if you wait.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, AE is notorious for missing items, especially when there's duplicates.

Send an email to [email protected] and explain the situation. They're slow to respond, but they do eventually... Good luck..

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    That's precisely why I never order from them or Nippon Yassan. Shudders*

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Here I am!
    Had this exact experience with Masterpiece Smokescreen, back in 2013. Ordered two, received only one. In my case, it was handled perfectly and quickly: I initially asked for SAL shipping, but the second figure I was missing was shipped to me by EMS at their costs. TFW-member Punma also had the exact same experience and resolution with this figure as I had.

My advice is just to send them a post through their contact form explaining the situation. Also, try to word it politely: they seem to react more poorly to irritated or rude e-mails. An answer might not be forthcoming immediately but nowadays, they seem to be quicker on the ball than they were in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Butuman

News Credits:
    Appreciate the feedback! Was looking for someone who had a similar experience as I did and glad to see that your issue was resolved.

I've sent them a polite enough email through their contact form. Just waiting on a response now. Hopefully it works out in the end. Thanks again!

7. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ya. never order more than 1 of the same thing from them

@puma had a horrid experience that took months to resolve

• Like Like x 1
  8. Butuman

News Credits:
    Damn, that sucks, should've just stuck with NY and AmiAmi but they got me with the 30% off pre-order discount. Hopefully I hear from them back soon and this whole thing gets resolved. Thank you for your response!

9. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only got the smaller MP figures. The MP Shockwave I got from HLJ. Though the ordered I got I didn't have any trouble.

10. nuropa

nuropa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AE mixed up on my shipment back in December, send me LG34 instead of LG39. Emailed them and got LG39 shipped out, it got resolved fine.

11. Butuman

News Credits:
    Appreciate all the feedback, thank you. While everyone's feedback has been fairly positive, I'm still at unease since I still haven't heard back from them. How long do they take to respond to emails? Their website says 24 hours response time but of course its been several days and still nothing.

12. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Just to offer a contra-example, I've done a lot of business with Anime-Export over the years and I generally like them. I have occasionally had issues and have had to email them. They are not quick to respond. I have at times had to email them more then once to get a response. But they do always eventually make things right- once they sent me an entire replacement figure just because the one I received was missing a kneepad (and they didn't require me to send it back). I have always been pretty happy with the quality of their boxes. I order multiples often and they are never missing.

As I say, they are generally good people I think. I get the impression they are a very small operation. As a small business owner myself all I can say is these things do happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Butuman

News Credits:
    Again, thanks to everyone for all your feedback. I understand that they must be very busy and such. It's been a week since I first contacted them but even now, still no response. Does it take over a week to get a response back from them? I just want to know what to expect and how long I should be waiting for a response and an actual resolutions to my issue.

14. dafob

dafob Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel your pain, man. I asked them to ship my order last week as soon as MP-36 Megatron was available. It's been in the "Packing" stage now for several days (24 hours my ass!). I've emailed them multiple times and not a single response... just crickets.

I understand not getting a response right away but over 48 hours is ridiculous in this day and age. This is definitely a learning lesson for me, most likely my last order with them.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Again, if you just buy from Japanese websites, the less pain or inconvenience you will encounter, IMO.

16. Butuman

News Credits:
    UPDATE!

Sent them a third email last night. This morning, I just received a very brief 1 sentence message saying my missing item was shipped with a tracking number. Don't need an explanation, if they just responded to my emails with the tracking number, I would have been fine with that as well.

Now to play the waiting game to see how long it takes for me to receive this item and if it's the correct item. All in all, if I place another order with them again, I won't be doing duplicates.

17. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Oh that sucks! I've been ordering from AE for a while and had no issues, I've ordered multiples a few times too. I'm now worried about my two MP Megatron currently en-route. I hope you get your second Cheetor soon and with minimum fuss.

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

The problem is there are better savings with them if you order more than 1 as the combined shipping gets it a bit more reasonable. Ordering only 1, their over priced shipping practically negates their extra 10% discount. Amazon.jp might be the best way to go, though. I think they were still a couple bucks cheaper for MP-36 even after doing a multiple order via AE.

Just wanted to say it took me forever to realize your avatar was a dude smoking. I always saw it as something triangular going into the dude's head and couldn't figure out WTF it was supposed to be.

19. Butuman

News Credits:
    Final update!

Just received my missing MP Cheetor today. Came in the same super tiny box that tightly fits the item inside. Anyways, problem resolved. Sucks it took them a week to respond to my email and then it was shipped via slow shipping SAL too. I digress, I got what I paid for in the end. If I ever order again, won't have duplicates. Thanks to everyone for your feedback and support!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A couple of QTFs were missing from an order of mine last year, they offered to post them to me for free but instead as I was going to Tokyo anyway I said I would come and pick them up in person.

The door to the ground floor warehouse, filled with loads of statues and figures, was open so I wandered in up the stairs till I found where about 4 or 5 people were at computers dealing with orders. I said hi, they got my figures and showed me where they stored all the TF stuff. Unfortunately didn't get to meet Aiko as she was out to lunch. It is a pretty small enterprise but I'm sure they ganbatte.

(I had actually tried to go a couple of days before but as it was saturday no one was there, the nice old lady next door tried to be very helpful, even if she didn't speak any english and I spoke about 10 words of Japanese)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017