Primus stuck in mid transformation, help please!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shovelchop81, Jul 10, 2014.

1. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    I got him yesterday and he's mint, not a scratch on him but the main transforming port/ slider which is on the top in planet mode is stuck so he's in mid transformation. I did notice that the seller must have forced him into planet mode for shipping as it took me a while to figure out that the port/ slider was in the open position while he was closed so I popped it over to the correct side. When I then slid the post the correct way to open he transformed beautifully, nothing out of alignment, no screaming gears but now I can't get it to slide back again, it's jammed; I tried coaxing it a little with a flat blade screwdriver but no joy and I don't want to break the gearing system. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? I did a thread search but all the Primus problems were related to arm cannons, ironically mine work just fine. Oh and I do have all the keys and have been using the big one to transform him. Cheers!

2. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I've not had this happen.

Your best bet would probably be cracking him open and resetting everything in there by hand. Grab a screw driver and go to town! This will also allow you to see if anything is broken.

3. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    Thanks! I was just about to do that when I thought I'd check and see if anything was catching to prevent movement, turns out it was the cannons, he didn't come with instructions so I'd thought the cannons went inside not wrapped around the outside :dunce  :eek: . Crisis averted! Cheers for chiming in though!

4. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I recently found the Primus that I clearly bought when Cybertron was still kickin' and I never opened him. Are there a lot of common issues? I kinda want to open it to display it with my thrift store refugee Unicron but I'm...hesitant.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Okay glad you sorted it , i was about to suggest major surgery as Death333 had.

there are no major issues with primus i am aware of other that needing his lock to transform but an AA battery will work from what i have heard.