Prime's lips - there's still a chance we can get rid of them, says Roberto Orci

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Professor Marcus, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

How in the same hell does it look a hooha? Thats about the silliest thing I've read in this thread.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  3. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

4. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

Dear movie PTB: I think you should go with the faceplate over the fish lips because it will save you money in post-production. Also, you don't want the leader of the good guys to scare the kiddies, just the leader of the bad guys, Megatron. Finally, just go with the face plate because the fish lips just look plain freaky.

Sincerely,

murphbri

5. mobie1325

mobie1325 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah Right!

Guys. stick to the original prime looks okay!

Put the zip on the lipz, the end!

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

No Lips!!!!

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Sometimes. The follow-up is magnificent.

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    QFT :lol 

you're awesome draven

9. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

I'm with the vast majority here and against the lips on Prime. While I personally don't hate the lips, I do think he would look so much better and it would be more enjoiable for everybody if he just had the faceplate at all times.

The "sad baboon" face is my only problem with movie Prime's design. Other than that he's perfect.

10. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

Before I go into this... I'd just like to say so far I have completely supported the movie, everything looks awesome and I can't WAIT to see it!!! I'm telling you this before hand so people know I'm not just another Geewon fanboy, I tolerate change, a lot of it...Fully support the changes so far... but....

....I hate the lips... The clip that we saw of them looked way too animated and unrealistic, which causes you to wake up to the fact that they aren't real, which in my opinion... is what they were trying to avoid this entire time by creating these completely controversial and drastic alien designs... which i like btw.... but as far as the lips go... fuck NO.

I'm a huge NO LIPS. It's just not Optimus Prime. His face mask is a part of who he is, and how we remember him, don't take that away.. I just know that everytime I look at the new prime I'll feel slightly disapointed.. and no, I won't get used to it, it will always be something in the back of my head >>> "If only they had just stuck with the flaceplate...ugh.. then this prime would be cool" The face is very important... just as a humans face is important to their look... he needs the damn faceplate.

Lastly, after changing them all so much, why is a small detail like the faceplate such a hard thing to decide on? Just give the fans what they want, a faceplate. It's not a difficult choice to make. The only person that is going to be upset if the face plate gets put back on for good is the silly producer/director/whatever that made the final decision to nix the faceplace in the first place. Sometimes producers make bad dicisions, let's hope this one can admit it and change it back for the good of the project and this completely iconic character......

(Not to mention it might save some animators some time on lip sync. Whoot! :p )

~Mike.

11. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Ahh, how times have changed: I remember a time when Prime's design was considered an abomination.

12. erow

erow Member

Yeah, dont like the lips or the position of the mouth. The battlemode can be on all the time.

13. Kalyx triaD

Kalyx triaD R-Tyme Entertainment

All of you:

Get over it.

14. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

i think if they were going to the lips they should have done it like optimus primal's first form

15. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

After the crazed bitchin about every prime toy released with lips, you'd think they'd learn. Almost everyone hated them. And least they didn't make the mistake with the toys. Prime is an Icon, some things you don't change.

16. blazer

blazer Member

Ebay:
    I agree about the issues w/Screamer. The jury's still out on BB.

17. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
    Wait a minute! Since I already don't care for the movie I want to change my vote. Optimus Prime should have lips! In fact I think his lips are too small they should be bigger! Oh and they should be red. Come to think of it since he has flames he should be able to throw flames from his large red lips! That would be awesome! :D 

18. hconr49173

hconr49173 New Member

I think the lips are interesting... but being one of the many G1 fans, I find they strange and unnatural.

But I always think they'd be a great opportunity for awesome expression. And my desire for Optimus Prime with excellent visual expression wins over my discomfort completely.

If the lips make him awesomely expressive, keep them.

19. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

When was that and why? Is it because of the Gundam look to it?

20. Old School 75

Old School 75 80s Baby!

No Lipages!!