Prime Series Finale Deadlock Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 26, 2013.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

To answer your question about the hate.

It didn't really have an edge. It tried to have an edge by killing Cliffjumper in the first 5 minutes of the pilot but that is kind of lost when they didn't bother to develop the character and never killed any other Autobots after that.

Yeah the music was great but that doesn't make it a good TV show and really all of that music was taken from the movies.

The writing was FAR from great. Half of the series is just hunting the random relic of the week. It's kinda hard to keep the show interesting when you're just doing the same plot over and over and over again. This is part of why I love the Silas episodes because they were something interesting and different in an otherwise wash rinse and repeat series.

Yes the voice acting was great, can not argue with you there.

An no not every part played a role in this series. Actually this series is notorious for introducing several one off characters who seem like they could play a big role in the show but then never freaking do anything and are quickly forgotten about. Even human characters. Like what's her face, that girl Jack seemed to have a crush on who shows up in maybe two episodes for a total time of like 5 minutes. Did anything happen with that? Nope. The show wouldn't really be any different if we never even knew she existed because she doesn't freaking do anything. There's also the school bully, again I don't remember his name, he has one quick scene that makes no sense to even include, bullies Jack, and we never see him again. Does Jack ever stand up to him, does he stop being a bully, we don't know. Why does this show even bother with characters who don't contribute anything at all the the story? These scenes are more like filler because the episodes were running short than actually having a plot point. Hell the entire Skyquake episode was filler because there's no freaking plot and they just seem to throw Dreadwing in to make it seem like they had a plan.

This show can be great at times. It's not the worst thing ever. That still goes to Transformers Armada followed closely by the bay films. It's just that it was built up to be great and it's really just mediocre. There are some great episodes and some really boring stupid episodes. So the hate comes from the fact that the entire series wasn't made with the same quality all the way threw or even gradually getting better. It was just kind of all over the place. When it was good it was good. When it was bad, it wasn't really bad just kinda dull. Over all it was just OK. Not great, but mildly entertaining.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Actually it's not taken from the movies. Inspired greatly from it sure but it's not a direct copy like how most of the designs are simielr to the movie style but they're far from being the same as the movie style.

To be fair I doubt most of us really want to see more of the other humans other then the main ones since almost all of the fanbase have a thing against them to begin with so if anyhting most of them are happy that it didn't spend a lot of time on them.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Obviously the designs aren't directly ripped off but the music sounds the same to me. Though to be fair I never really paid that much attention the music.

True but what about the robots with wasted potential. Skyquake is introduced just to die and never actually does anything. Dreadwing says he could sense when Skyquake woke up from stasis so they didn't even really need him to die to bring Dreadwing in. Plus they could of at least waited a few episodes to actually develop the character before killing him so it wouldn't change Dreadwing's motivations anyway. Even Hardshell was better done than that. He dies in the very next episode but still that's all I really ask for is just some amount of time to develop the character. Not here's a new character, oh he's dead. They almost did the same thing with Wheeljack though instead of killing him he just leaves but at least they brought him back and he ended up being one of my favorite characters. I don't know if I like Skyquake or not because he wasn't around long enough to form an opinion about him. Then there's also Makeshift who they could of used again and actually developed him as a character but nope he dies with no character development what so ever. He was a walking talking plot device.

At least they gave Cliffjumper a flash back episode to make up for his useless existence but yeah you need more than 5 minutes of screen time to actually develop their character enough to where the audience is either sad when they die or happy that a character they hated was killed. When there's no character development it's like they never existed in the first place. How the frick am I suppose to feel about that other than angry at the writers for not keeping them around long enough to actually contribute anything to the story. I have the same problem with most of the deaths in the movies and that was so bad that most of the time they're not even around long enough to learn the character's name. The only reason we know their names is because of the toy line. Sideswipe just killed... some Decepticon car we've never seen before... That's Sideways. OK Sideways just killed some Decepticon car we've never seen before. No the Decepticon's name was Sideways. When did they say that? Never. This sounds like a joke but that's actually a real conversation I've had before.

4. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info! I hope they do follow up on it.

Got to agree with everything you've said here. There were a lot a disappointing parts to this show to sit through in order to see the good stuff. If the writers had spent less time on pointless scenes and focused on actual character development it could've been great. As it was, it was just an OK show with untapped potential. Maybe we'll get better from the next series.

5. wheelnut

wheelnut Well-Known Member

my question is : where are they going now ? honestly there should be more. Predaking is still alive. Starscream and Shockwave are alive. Did the Autobots let Knock out join the team ? is Megatron truly dead ?

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    All awnsers will be revelaed in the Predacons Rising Movie

7. Wallu

Wallu The Amazing of Amazing

Whaat? Did you, you know, watch Energon for more than half an episode?

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yes, I've seen all of the Unicron Trilogy. Energon and Cybertron I watched totally ignoring the fact that they were meant to be sequels to Armada. I could not of watched them otherwise. That portion of Transformers together is total crap on top of crap with a side order of crap. As three individual stand alone series... Energon and Cybertron are actually tolerable. Nothing great but I got threw them without going total nerd rage. Anything having to do with Armada though I can not stand that gawd awful piece of crap that I wish I could forget ever existed in the first place.

Take Megatron's Sword for example. He never even freaking had a sword so where the hell did that thing come from? Why does everyone immediately recognize a sword that he never freaking used before? If you totally ignore the fact that it's continuing from Armada then you can ignore the fact that he never had a sword in Armada... well the Dark Saber but that isn't the same sword.

Then there's also Inferno... Armada Inferno was a Mini-Con partnered with Thrust... Energon Inferno is suddenly an Autobot for no apparent reason. They never clarify if this is the same character that's been upgraded and switched sides or if this is a totally different character who happens to share the same name. As long as I totally ignore Armada I can just assume he's a different character, but as a sequel I would assume they're the same character.

Or the fact that all the Autobots have upgrades that are never explained while the Decepticons start out in the same bodies and we get to see how they got their upgrades. Why do we get to see the Decepticon upgrades but not the Autobots? If I totally ignore Armada I can just pretend they've always looked that way otherwise I want to know how the hell the Autobots got their upgrades.

Also going into Cybertron... the fact that Sideways is there despite the fact he died already. The fact Laserbeak is now suddenly a Decepticon despite being an Autobot originally in this continuity. The fact that they again all have upgrades that are never explained. The fact that the characters themselves are suddenly portrayed differently and by different actors. Hot Shot seems to progress backwards given that he had a more mature roll in Energon and in Cybertron he's back to being the immature kid friendly character. Optimus at one point actually says that he's never seen Transformers who could combine before despite the fact that he could combine with Jetfire and Overload in Armada and the fact that combining was the main gimmick of Energon. Never seen Transformers combine before? You've only seen it a million times before. Granted Galaxy Force was never intended to be a Sequel anyway but Cybertron did the worst job imaginable of trying to take a series that was never meant to be a sequel and changing the dubbing so it works as a sequel. Their first huge mistake, changing most of the cast so they don't even sound like the same characters anymore. They're second mistake, I think they just directly translated the original show into English which would explain why the characters don't seem to remember anything that happened in the first two series. They couldn't of rewrote that line so Optimus isn't totally ignoring the fact that he has seen combiners before? They couldn't of made Hot Shot more mature instead of aging him backwards? So many things wrong here.

Energon and Cybertron on their own are OK, but anything relating to the fact that they're both Armada sequels leads to total crap.

9. wheelnut

Well either way I can't wait to see the true ending. I was disappointed in a way.

10. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I have just seen it on You-Tube and it was excellent I was very much glued to the monitor

11. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

OK, I've only read through the first half of this whole thread, so I am hoping no one else mentioned it...

After watching this for the nth time, I noticed at the end that when Optimus was walking through the space bridge, the ending credits aired before it closed...does this mean at the beginning of Predacon Rising will have them all jump back out and yell "Surprise!!!"...or "Gotcha" or something similar?

Or am I reading too much into their style of writing for this series?

If you don't see something, you can't assume the obvious happened.

12. wheelnut

well that was real stupid to ressurect cybertron knowing it would also bring back the predacons

13. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

With this show you can.

14. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

[​IMG]

15. romXXII

romXXII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've seen of the Comic Con vids, The movie's mostly taking place on Cybertron.

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Um... they didn't know it would also bring back the Predacons. We don't even know that. At no point did they ever say that. It's never even implied that bringing Cybertron back could also bring back the Predacons.

When Shockwave discovered the cyber matter in his lab on Earth he also said that he was unable to recover any Predacon bodies. This implies that the Predacons could still be running around alive on EARTH some where.

Jack also mentioned that with the Decepticons still out there Earth would still be a target. They were told if they ever needed to Autobots again they were just a space bridge away. This could easily be foreshadowing.

I think the Predacons will show up on Earth. Ratchet will call the other Autobots on Cybertron. Darksteel, Skylynx and whatever other Predacons they might give us will take a space bridge to Cybertron where they will meet up with Predaking.

Exactly how all of that is going to happen I don't know but they've already set it up to happen that way.

17. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Nail meet head.

They only had enough cyber matter to re-awaken primus. Not enough to rebuild the entire planet. Any zombies running around are a result of Megatron's little Dark Zombie escapade from Darkness Rising.

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't know what you just said but I think you're insulting me... That's not even a sentence.

The person I was replying to seems to think the cyber matter is what brings back the Predacons and that the Autobots are stupid for bringing back Cybertron because of that despite the fact that it was never said at any point that the Cyber Matter would bring back the Predacons.

No one even mention the presence of Dark Energon plus the zombies that were supposedly awakened on Cybertron have never shown up before. Are we sure Megatron didn't wake up zombies on one of the moons or something? It does seem a little odd that they've never shown up in any of the Cybertron episodes. It's never even mentioned after the pilot episodes.

19. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I honestly think he was agreeing with you, SaberPrime. And for the record I do too. There was no indication that the Cybermatter would resurrect any dead Preds on Cybertron, only a faint inkling when the stuff fixed Bee. And even then they only had enough to fix the core. Not like Shockwave and Ratchet got a chance to test the stuff out beforehand.

20. LilSproutling

LilSproutling Member

Looks like a mis-expression, since Screamerownz’s following comment supports your stance. If their was only enough cyber matter to awaken Primus, there wouldn’t be any left over for the Predacons. You brought up a good point - Shockwave was unable to find any carcasses, so it is possible Predaking’s kin escaped and are on Earth.

I am interested in how they will be introduced in the movie. It took Predaking time to realize his potential and I wonder where the Predacons would be hiding, if at all (they don’t seem shy, since they played prominent roles in human legends and folklore). Thankfully, Deadlock was left open ended allowing for a smooth continuation.