Prime Series Finale Deadlock Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

Come on guys, of all the Autobots, Bumblebee has suffered the most from Megatron on a personal level. No one deserved the kill more than him.

Having his voicebox ripped out, being possessed, watching Raf almost die because of a Dark Energon blast from Megatron, and of course, just taking three fatal blows from Megatron himself, only being alive now because he landed in restorative cybermatter.

Who else can say Megatron personally wronged them so?

Hot Ro- I mean Smokescreen will probably get his "next Prime" moment in the movie against
    Galvatron.

2. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

This is true.

And I can't wait.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you two seen the spoilers for Predacons Rising? You're both about to be let waaaaay down.

4. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Eh, 6/10. It was a nice episode but disappointing for the finale (not counting the movie):
    Pros:
    - Optimus vs Megatron. It was a good fight and I liked how P.O'd Optimus was after 'Bee's 'death'. That scene just before the title roll of Megs rising to the deck and jumping at Optimus was amazing.
    - Smokescreen. While his wasn't anything near his big moment (that'l come in the movie) he was an invaluable part of the victory by retrieving the Star Saber.
    - Ratchet vs Shockwave. Ratchet put up a damn good fight/effort but, unlike Magnus vs Shockwave, Shockwave actually was presented as the unflinching tank he is.
    - Soundwave's defeat. Miko is awesome in the Apex Armour. It was poetic justice that took out Soundwave. And he's not dead so he could somehow return. The kids proved their use.
    - Everyone trying to reach the Star Saber. Good action and the ending with 'Bee (even though we knew he wasn't dying) was great.
    - Bumblee's revenge. I thought it was Smokescreen at first :) . It was good irony. The Champion of Kaon killed by a scout he constantly messed with it. The voice acting and animation were top notch.
    - Bumblee's pure joy at being able to talk again. I liked the exchange and hug between him and Rachet. Got me right in the feels.
    - Knock Out. Hilarious as always. But, Miko WAS right to punch him. He was joining just because they won. He deserved that smack.
    - Starscream and Shockwave live. I'm guessing they'll be co-leaders of the Decepticons in Predacons Rising (like Megs and Shockwave from issues 13-26 of the 80s comic).
    - Ratchet's fate. He's developed so much. I love this ending for him. Easily the best part of the episode.

Cons:
    -I know not everyone can get screen time, but the Wreckers should've done something more. It would have been nice to see how they got out of the situation Soundwave put them in.
    - Sure would have been useful to use the Dark Star Saber earlier. Seriously, the upgraded Optimus absolutely curb-stomped Megs but with it Megs was able to not only match Optimus but have the upper hand.
    - Bumblebee. I liked his revenge moment as that, a moment. Except for these episodes: Masters and Students, Sick Mind, Out of His Head (and that was just his body), the Operation: Bumblebee 2-parter, Tunnel Vision (and that was just for fighting no character), and Project: Predacon, he was just kinda there. It felt like the Big Bad was wasted.
    - So, Predaking held on to the ship without being noticed for how long? Yup, that scene was very logical.
    - Nice handshake Prime. This is the moment that cements him as the most bland Optimsu ever. Look would it have been so bad to hug the guy who's been you're best friend for thousands of years as you part. He even still had the same boring old tone and dialogue.
    - I don't know. This kinda felt like a another episode. I just didn't get that finale feeling. That was real disappointing.

Shockwave, why u no save Ratchet? I was so excited for that and it didn't happen. Oh well, I'm still confident he'll make a truce with the Autobots by the movie.

5. Jakest123

I have not.

I already had Deadlock spoiled, I can only hope the movie isn't.

That was a really sly screenshot. Being the guy who found the image my confusion knows no bounds. Maybe hasbro should hire me for future misinformation campaigns.

6. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    That's true, but Bumblebee has felt like a complete non-entity throughout the series, an obligatory insert to appease Hasbro, appearing only to fall into some danger or to remind viewers he can't talk properly.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

Posts like this make me wish we had a thumbs up button.

8. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, does anyone know if Raf, Jack, Miko, June, Fowler, and Ratchet will return for "Predacons Rising"?

9. objectionLogic

objectionLogic Member

Anyone pick up on the dynamic between the Optimus/Bumblebee VS Megatron thing parallels from FoC? I know the games and show aren't synced perfectly, but it was hard to ignore this thought, since FoC you see Optimus save Bee from Megatron, and in this finale you see the opposite taking place. I thought that was neat.

10. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Yeah, nobody knows. It would be a major negative of the movie if they don't.

11. Suwadith

Suwadith Optimus Prime!

I agree

12. Jakest123

I think Josh Keaton is confirmed in the synopsis, but he might be voicing the other Predacon that isn't presumably voiced by Steve Blum.

13. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Wel that was a whole lot cramed in to a short episode. still i liked it.

14. Sovereign Prime

Sovereign Prime Well-Known Member

I personally believe they only had Ratchet stay behind to play something major in Predacons Rising. Most logical would be notifying the others of Unicron's return.

15. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

That episode was a fantastic way to end the series.

Even though I spoiled myself I still found myself with tears in my eyes when I saw Bee getting shot, the hole in his chest and his optics going out. I never expected Bee to be the one to off Megatron, but it was poetic justice. I also found myself blubbering a bit when everyone was saying good-bye.

I liked the emotion Optimus showed in reaction to what happened to Bee and when leaving the planet through the Space Bridge.

I loved Knock Out and hope he becomes a permanent member of the Autobots.

The Shockwave/Ratchet fight was awesome. Ratchet can still hold his own even for a old, grouchy bot. I was floored when he decided to stay on Earth.

I, for the most part, truly enjoyed Prime and thought it was fantastic. It had it's moments that made me go "wut?", but still, I will miss the show and seeing my favorite Transformers come to life.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    My sentiments. Wasn't a bad ending, but felt VERY contrived and mediocre. Bee's death was TOTALLY wasted, and I felt the ball was dropped on his voice too... I wasn't upset with him killing Megatron, but I think Megatron deserved a more epic death than "dead magically healed warrior super slash". Should have been him taking on team Prime and then him dying. Soundwave was the most wasted character in this show... no payoff for his arc. Not to mention he gets defeated by the kids... Soundwave should be smarter than they showed him... He drops the Autobots through a bridge in the floor while they run at him, but decides against this for Miko? Smh. Weak. Very weak. Great parts of the episode included Shockwave and Starscreams escape (seeing Starscream NOT want to retreat was pretty fresh) and him and SHocks in the escape pod... pure humor. Megatron using the Dark Saber again was nice, don't know why he didn't use it more often. Prime's rage was nice... and Megatron being impervious to it was a solid touch, showing his toughness.

In short, I enjoyed Prime, but the series ended as it was... mediocre. Nothing in Prime was really bad, but there wasn't anything really great either. Armada was slow, but the end was pretty solid, same with Cybertron, and Animated's ending was EPIC. I was satisfied with the show, but they pushed no boundaries, the Autobots NEVER faced any true peril, and the Decepticons, ultimately, were very useless. The autobots only loss was 3 seasons ago... so no emotional impact, and no cost of victory against a similarly skilled and more numerous fighting force. How Megatron never scrapped the Genericons or never attempted to upgrade or improve them is stupid... He seemed oblivious to their uselessness as anything more than workers. Which pisses me off to no end. He never attempts to fix the Cons main weakness as a fighting force. Optimus Prime had few epic moments, in fact the series in general had few epic moments. Beautiful Animation though... they won me over, I was totally against the 3d style, but it was truly a pleasure to watch. Sad to see the show never reached it's potential due to generic writing and lack of risk taking.

Seriously, you couldn't have paid Dan Gilvezan to give us Bee's voice? For one episode?

17. Ace1984

Ace1984 Member

Seeing How it was Megatron who ripped his voice box out, then i think it is fitting he should deal the final blow.

18. Rewire

Rewire Whiskey Grimlock

This, all of it. While this felt like the most solid ep of the season, it was still just like the rest of Prime--I wanted to love it, I really did, there were elements there that I should have loved...but it just kept pulling itself up short and in the end I couldn't. It was okay. When anyone asks me about Prime, that's the best or worse I can muster. 'It's okay'.

I would have been willing to put up the paycheck if it meant getting Dan Gilvezan to give us Bee's voice for just one episode.

19. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    Pinterest:
    This is probably the best character analysis for Knockout's personality I've ever read.

I have to agree with this, though the movie could still be very good if the Earth Team doesn't put in an appearence. I mean Unicron back on Cybertron while Predaking and his Predacons are doing their thing? Not to mention the prospect of Terrorcon Predacons? Itd be hard to screw that up.

20. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Grrr. I keep listening to the OST's but I'm not finding where the music where Bumblebee is being shot and falling into the Cyber-matter. Bah. It makes me wish there was a way to remove the dialogue and sound effects from episodes just so I can listen to the music.