Prime Series Finale Deadlock Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jul 26, 2013.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Hang this on you child's/little brother's wall!! :ev: 
    [​IMG]

Joking aside
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Magnificent finale for a magnificent show!!

On behalf of Bee
    offing Megatron, I'm totally with it! Didn't we have enough of Optimus defeating Megatron in every other thing? Let somebody else do the jab for once!! And how was better than the bot he ruined his life forever? The irony of being killed by the guy you just killed not too long ago!

Oh, and Shockwave and Starscream together... rings a bell?
    [​IMG]

2. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Thinking he should have destroyed him back on Cybertron when he had the chance, from a while ago.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Great episode. Hasn't been one that epic since One Shall Fall.

Sad to see it end, looking forward to new episodes has become a habit these past three years. At least there's the movie to look forward to, I guess.

Particularly glad I got to share it with my daughter. Great times were had seeing her enjoy it, which made the show that much better for me.

To all involved with bringing this show to us, thank you. It's been a great run.

4. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    My Liege is dead. What should I do?
    I still can stay on Earth, arrive to a big city and start crushing everything around. Thousands of casualties. Just perfect, just Justice.

5. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Perfect episode. 10/10 for me.
    + Strong moments, like Megatron's or Bumblebee's death.
    + Optimus doesn't kill Megatron. Actually he would be dead if not Bee.
    + Bee killing Megatron feels fresh.
    + Decepticons other than Megatron don't die.
    + Everything else.
    - Can't find any now, guess they will come later.
    Perfect ending to a very good show. Now 2 months of waiting for a movie YAY!

6. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Predaking flying of in a cybetronian sunset? :) 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Overall, I just have mixed feelings about this episode. I feel like it's a "meh" preview to a [potentially] bigger letdown of an ending coming soon. I'll try to be optimistic, but after this episode, it'll be a bit hard for me. A few things:

Yep, and is this just a trend in kids cartoons now? Good grief, it's so annoying now.

Good grief what an understatement. Double points for being a kid, seeing toys on a shelf, and not having said toys show up in a cartoon. However, looking at most of the toys, that's a good thing. Regardless, "Beast Hunters"? C'mon!

This again is well put. I really like the robot cast, and I really like both factions. But this show just has so much . . . wasted potential.

Agreed. I was surprised to see that. Honestly, that's one of the only things I got emotional about.

This really sums up a lot of how I felt. This last season really feels rushed, and I think more could have been done to have made it cooler.

I have enjoyed the buildup of seeing Cybertron restored.

Why? Because it's truthful. Optimus and Megatron should have just duked it out. Prime didn't need Bee to step in. It really makes Megatron going out like a punk instead. I think it's very reminiscent of The Transformers: The Movie where Hot Rod tries to step in the middle of Megatron and Optimus fighting - except this time, the young Autobot gets in the middle of things. The fight between Megatron/Galvatron and Optimus in Transformers: Armada is epic; this is just a huge letdown.

Soundwave
    bested by Jack and Miko? Feh. I just rolled my eyes (which is what I did for a good part of watching this episode).
    Good grief. Jack's cool, so I won't get started on the kids.

Will Fredle as Bumblebee? We should have gotten this since episode one. He's got a fantasticly youthful/young adult heroic voice, and he does well with his voice acting work. This episode really made me regret that this wasn't done. I might have cared for Bumblebee just a little were this the case.
    Perhaps I would have felt something for Bumblebee's "death" were this the case. Also, I guess Bumblebee is now like Optimus where he's died and came back to life? *rolls eyes*

The battle with Ratchet and Shockwave I really enjoyed, and I would have liked to seen more of that. Arcee and Starscream at the end could have been expounded upon to be made cooler as well.

I have mixed feelings about Ratchet staying behind, but I think it's sorta cool. However, Knockout becoming an Autobot potentially? THAT'S a cool move. Honestly, I'd say this is the most interesting thing that happened in the whole episode. I just gotta be pessimistic here and presume that something this interesting won't go anywhere. I can see him never being trusted by the Autobots, and bringing a new kind of tension to the team. It's just intriguing almost to the point of being too cool for this show.

Like I said to start, it was simply mediocre. It wasn't terribly bad, but it certainly wasn't mind-blowingly awesome (like it could have been!). *sigh*

8. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Aside from the BM, and The Rebirth nods I wonder what other non Transformer easter eggs were in this episode... Oh wait I forgot their was that Spaceballs nod with Star Scream and Shockwave.

9. Azure

Azure Member

I loved this episode even if the was the last one of the transformers prime series. But I will say this, Ratchet obviously is the smart one by the end of it, he wanted cybertron to be restored but when it comes down to prime saying we have much work to do in rebuilding our home theres small part of me thinking that ratchet was probably thinking in his head 'Rebuild? Wait cybertron is bigger then earth, that's a LOT of rebuilding to do, new plan, ill stick with the humans.

Also I totally loved the fact Knockout lived and his bit at the end was genius, when the movie comes out I seriously hope he does join the autobots, its gonna be interesting to see how they handle him. He IS badass but he's not a complete dick, he has his moments where he has shown appreciation for human culture AND the fact that when ratchet said 'thank you' he actually stopped and said 'your welcome'

So maybe he might fit in? who knows? I do want to see it tho

10. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I actually didn't know expect Bumblebee dying, getting shot into the omega lock yes, but not DYING BEFORE HE REACHED IT. Plus killing Megatron came out of nowhere, that was pretty good.

What kinda irritates me is the BB has been completely useless since the beginning, so a part of this felt underwhelming :p 

Soundwave into the Shadowzone made me sad, since SW is my favorite character in the show, and to be defeated by the kids was enough to make me slam my fist on the table XD (Good thing I didn't hit the laptop).

That Knockout bit was pretty funny, he'll probably explain that he was only HIRED by Megatron and just wants to come out of this war alive. Probably, a prisoner now.

8/10 I suppose.

11. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

There was one thing that bugged me:

Bumblebee killing Megatron. It only served as a shocking resurrection - that's all.

It should've been Ratchet. That would've been amazing. Or Smokescreen. Hell, I would've accepted Magnus, but Bumblebee? They're just dragging over the invincible Bumblebee thing from the movies.

I was kind of hoping that Soundwave wouldn't be done in by humans, either. That kind of sucked. It should've taken a team effort from the Wreckers. I assumed that Wheeljack or Bulkhead was going to die, too. But no, no Autobot casualties. Plot armour, methinks.

Aside from those few things [glaring errors], It was okay.

12. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

The word "epic" just makes me tired.

>AM<

13. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd like to see a Dragonball Kai remix of TFP where all the lollygagging and filler episodes are removed.

I suspect we'd see a better product.

Transformers Prime was not a bad show but was not a great show either.

It has some strong episodes but these were balanced out by god awful ones.

Much like the movies it suffered from recurring problems (albeit different ones). The biggest ones were dragging out story arcs until they were overly stretched (relic hunt, predacon bone hunt) and then killing the point of the build up and anticipation much like popping a balloon (omega lock, darkmount, predaking).

I hope that the next show takes in to consideration what has worked and what hasn't and give us a stronger product.

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    That was a Epic and Awesome last Episode,I never thought Megatron killed Bumblebee until He (Bee) killed Him (Megs) with the Star Saber. That was a Great way to End the Series.

15. Esteban

Esteban I run alone.

I feel the same way.

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    people soundwave is not dead i repete NOT DEAD he's in the shadow zone... it was to fast hardly any fighting and no prime never used the star saber, megatron used the dark star saber on prime... reason i can see knock out joining team prime he was getting tired of megatron ordering him around you don't see optmus doing that miko shouldn't have hit knock out

17. Jaller8240

Jaller8240 Refuses to Believe

Bee killing Megatron made this series for me. I was expecting Smokescreen to do it, then Bee just grabs the Star Saber and impales Megs. On a side note, when Bumblebee "died", it reminded me of Aerith's death in FFVII.

18. Mister Chef

Mister Chef Mister Chef

Episode was decent.

Now, onto the next TF series!(whenever that might be)

19. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

He probably will.

20. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true regarding the next series, the end of Prime is even more sad. The new series sounds as if it may be a half notch up from Rescue Bots. I don't see how major critics of Prime will possibly be able to enjoy the next series, IF the rumors are true.