Prime Sequel Bumblebee Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetfireinthesky, Mar 17, 2014.

1. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

why would they make it look so much like rescue bots,
    the whole point of rescue bots was to cater for kids and the main series was for the age of 10 onwards im guessing,

this is terrible, if they were going back to 2D I would have liked to have seen the same artist team that worked on the DC series young justice.

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks decent.

3. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Precisely--I really loved PRIME, but the show was a downward spiral that I'm happy finally crashed. But Will Friedle, I like the guy, maybe I'll pop in once in a while to check on what's going on, but overall... eh. Now if we had some more hints and source to know this would be very TFA in writing, then I'll happily forget it is connected to Prime.

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde The dreaded

News Credits:
    Bumblebee looks awesome! :) 

I'm not sure whether I like that its a continuation of Prime or not, but regardless, I'm excited that a new Transformers show is coming out. Looking forward to hearing more. :D 

5. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I guess we know what toy is gonna shelfwarm the stores since bee is the main character.

6. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do so many people keep saying that this is hand-animated? It says right in the article.

While I'll reserve final judgement for the 3D models, I'm not really a fan of the more childish design here, but at least they didn't go full-Animated. I'm glad, story wise, it's a continuation of Prime and the Aligned Continuity.

7. Mister Chief

Mister Chief Banned

Annnnnd Bumble Bees the leader....fantastic

EDIT: Just like in Predacons Rising he did everything

8. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Hey, kids I'm Bumble Bee Prime! Come here and pull my finger!"

Going to reserve final judgement on ths until I see the first episode but I'm not liking what I've seen and read so far. A step closer towards Rescue Robots is not a good direction, in my opinion.

9. OMEGA PRIME12

OMEGA PRIME12 Sentianl Order Leader

bumblebee is the leader atleast untill they bring prime back or something cliche and being that this is a sequal, guess which 3-5 useless(miko) humans will be back aswell....

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Transformers: Shelfwarmer :lol  jk

11. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the idea on its face doesn't scare me... for some reason the more kid-friendly approach seems rife for divisiveness. After 3 excellent seasons of TF: Prime it will be very jarring to go back in time to see a marriage between Animated and Rescue Bots, but I suppose whether we like it or not this is coming.

Not sure what to make of BB's look from the publicity still. Glad the speaker-mouth is gone- along with its accompanying bleeps and bloops- but as to what else we can expect from team leader BB... who knows.

12. AKSpartan1661

AKSpartan1661 Cool Cat & Sub-Commander

News Credits:
    Can we please get more variety in character choice? Pretty please?
    I have never really liked Bumbleturd, and him as the lead sounds absolutely horrifying.
    Plus the design looks terrible. (Not as bad as Animated or Beasties- nothing will ever be that bad again.)

13. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

I like that aesthetic, a but worried about this: "Blending 3D characters with hand-painted environments." though.

14. ShanLan

ShanLan I is a WerWilf

I'll give it a shot....I watched some of TF Animated, just because of the sentimental value of recognizing the characters from G1, but I can't say I really enjoyed it. On the other hand, the toys for that series were done really well, so I just can't hate it. It is what it is, if it got kids into transformers, that's fine. :D 

I didn't give TF:p rime a chance...and ended up loving it and buying the whole series...so yeah, I felt like a dope for giving it a pass when it first came out.

This time, I won't be a judgemental ass for once, I'll watch it and then decide if it has enough bite for me. I have a feeling it won't, but whatever. I've survived transformer cartoon droughts before, I can survive another. I'm wise enough to realize that not EVERYTHING can be made with me in mind.

If anything, since this is a Prime continuation, I'm hoping that they can at least give Airachnid and poor Soundwave some closure. Trapped on a moon and in a "shadowzone"? It sucks how the Predacons Rising movie just kind of rushed things and brought the series to a strange and hectic finish....

15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Yeah this is a pass.

Still hope that Robots In Disguise copyright is for something else.

Otherwise I'll just stick with the comics where there is no you know who...

16. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the art style looks more like a combo of "Prime" and "TF: Animated" then Rescue Bots.

Like always, when brand new things are revealed, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm just hoping Autobot Knockout is in this show in some form! :D 

17. Hellmutt

Hellmutt Well-Known Member

Still hoping someday they will make something cool with cool graphics and little to no humans. Maybe something like WFC. Something adult aimed that kids will watch too. Will pry never happen though.

...and something without Bumblebee. Maybe a new universe of Transformers with alt modes we've never seen or maybe in a different time. How bout this... set in the mid '70's. Autobots and Decepticons as muscle cars and maybe rusty and old looking. Autobots led by someone else, Decepticons led by someone else. Maybe reused names, maybe new ones. Combiners we've never seen. 2 vehicles make 1 bot or maybe a soundwave like character is a truck and trailer and 2 of his henchmen are dirt bikes. couple head masters, couple target masters... I don't know, just "typing out loud".

18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes... everything for each audience in separate "buckets" as Hasbro is now calling it.

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Yeah this...

20. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well it is a follow up to prime so that might have something to do with it.