Prime Sequel Bumblebee Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetfireinthesky, Mar 17, 2014.

1. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    You do realize that Optimus Prime is the Goku of Transformers right? He's died and come back many times before. I am most likely 99.999% sure he will come back in some form as a character and not a flashback. Preference to keep him dead or not.

2. abominus prime

abominus prime Well-Known Member

Gee another Transformers animated stylized cartoon. it was one thing when they cut down on characters to fit the show. Now they have to dumb it down. and screw with the history. like totally write off all other important characters(Umm Rodimus Prime comes to mind) just so they can make a sub albeit good character a leader. I'm mean really. you already have Rescue bots. why deny the show that made Hasbro. bring back the Original characters if your going to rehash old shows Back to the time when Predeking was a combiner and not one entity, back when wheeljack was a scientist/inventor and not an old warhorse wrecker. Now I will give the show a chance, but this just feels like bveing cheated especially since it seems like going from something cool to going to bubble gum cartoons!!!

3. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Thank you. :bowdown: 

Your comment was similar to mine, in that you replied to a few comments at once. I assume the lack of character limits (or maybe I just didn't hit it?) means that these sorts of comments aren't exactly banned, but lord knows I don't want to involve a mod for a ruling. :rolleyes2 

Well, at least your comment was encouraging in a sea of obnoxious personal criticisms, so thank you again. :thumb 

4. AwesomeCon

AwesomeCon Well-Known Member

What if this follows style and writing similar to TTGo? Hypothetically

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus 9 Great Demon Generals progress: 3/9

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NO!

6. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    What's that.

7. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Teen Titans Go I'd assume

8. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    If this follows ANY sort TTG writing philosophies..... I'm 200% out.... sorry but that's not where this series needs to go.

9. docbenspock

docbenspock Dudemeiser

Ebay:
    I hope Will Friedle is back. He was perfect as BB.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't you read the press release?

Yes, he's back.

11. abominus prime

abominus prime Well-Known Member

I totally agree, While I'm not so much a fan of Animated (To much of a bubble gum show for me)although I've always preferred the original 80's series to anything else with Armada a close 2nd. Ive been saying all along that Prime was an updated version of Animated. But you hit the nail on the head about a small group of refugee guerilla fighters. the original series had a wide base of characters(Remember when prime used to do a roll call before "Rolling out") I mean some shows you saw constructicons, Dinobots, Predicons (some people don't even know that they were a combiner) all in one show with the rest of the cast. This constant changing of story lines and dumb down characters just so the Writers and Producers can call it a creative progress, Is really cheap crap to me. And it confuses the fan base. And really they already have Rescue bots so why dumb down for a younger audience. That's why I like the NGSMOOV shorts with some of the original voice actors.

12. sonicwing

sonicwing Well-Known Member

Why not add Jetfire on 'Bee's new team??

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I'm not as excited about this series as I was originally

14. The Deleter

The Deleter RUNAWAY.png

News Credits:
    Let's see...

Leader other than Optimus: Check

Set on Cybertron: Check

More lighthearted than Prime: Check

lack of a main threat in the form of Deceptions: Sorta Check? (at least they aren't advertised to be returning)

Refugees returning back to Cybertron, making room for more character cameos and additions: Check

And new team of Autobots: Check

Seems to be shaking things up quite nicely, though I'm sad that it's another CGI show. Was hoping for another animated show, which allow a lot bigger of a cast and have a lot less restrictions than prime did, due to the smaller budget and graphical limitations. Still, consider myself casually interested.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why I'm excited about it. The writers will be forced to do something creative, new and interesting for this show.

The backgrounds aren't CGI, so there should be less limitations.

16. The Deleter

The Deleter RUNAWAY.png

News Credits:
    Exactly! The only thing that might bring down this setup a bit, for me, would be that the Prime writers are returning for this. I mean, I was cool with them in Prime, but for the lighthearted side of the TF shows, their writing style seemed a little dry comparatively. I hope they've been holding out on us when it comes to goofy fun; the type the other comedy TF shows used.
    That would be true, if Prime didn't use 2D and 3D hand-painted backgrounds/environments at the same time. I assume the reason why they chose the words "hand-painted", rather than specify the model types, was because they wanted the style description to sound more glamorous than "CGI show" with such a short summary at hand.

17. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Ok, having just found out about this through someone i'm following on DA and taking a look at that pic of Bee and some of the details i've seen quoted here....

I'm not as excited about this show as i was when i first heard of it.

The art style is very Animated-esque, and that is just awful. The character design in animated was just bad, i much prefered the realistic look they had going in Prime.

But WHY are they putting the NOVICE in charge?! I can think of a dozen bots more qualified to lead than Bumblebee, what about Arcee? Wheeljack? Ratchet? Hell, even Magnus or Cup would have been better.

Though I am hoping that, if they do bring in a human cast, it's not the originals, but if they do bring back the original human cast, then I hope to god Miko's surname isn't Darby.

Though i do wonder if they're going to bring in the Quintessons, though they do kinda mess up the whole continuity.

But if any part of this show is anything like TTG in any way, then count me out.

18. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

Was there some other press release I missed? Where were ANY of those "checked" or even "sorta checked"?

I don't see how anyone could've missed it. It was right at the end, while the Optimus voiceover's going on. The bots are looking up at the fountain of sparks shooting out of the well, and it cuts to the fountain as if a POV shot from the group, and a spark breaks rank and flies up to look at the camera (representing the bots). During a pause in the voiceover, it cuts back to the group below… then Prime starts saying "…but another transformation" as it cuts back to the spark and it dances & then flies at/thru the camera. Cut to credits.

Really, really obvious spark, mugging for the camera. Naturally, most assume it's Optimus' own spark reborn.

19. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually it is too early to be worrying because of the picture,hopefully there will be more concrete news coming up regards to this PRIME sequel.

20. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits: