Prime Sequel Bumblebee Image

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jetfireinthesky, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've never seen so much anger towards G1. If it wasn't for G1 none of this would exists. Its a matter of respect towards what started this whole 30 year journey that gave us great shows like Beast Wars and well somewhat to that extent Prime and Animated and of course the ever intriguing yet awkwardly bad A/E/C series. But it all comes back to what started the ball rolling, G1. The advantage for Hasbro to continue to reference the stories/characters of G1 is that it helps familiarize new scenarios with a larger fanbase new and old. It would be like a Star Wars fan saying they only like episodes I, II and III and saying the original 3 were crap. Show some respect, you may not have grown up with G1 or in a time when cartoons were epically cheesy but that doesn't mean you have to go on a tirade bashing it because it is what created this franchise to begin with.

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I did grow up with G1. And I respect it enough to say that I'm glad it happened. I just don't like people thinking its the high point of the franchise, nor the only point.

But, I don't want to crowd this thread with my rants anymore than I already have. If people want to comment more on what I said, go do it on my profile, let's not throw this thread off course.

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes... I didn't even catch that he typed that. Yeah, what the hell, man?

4. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  5. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Sorry, sorry, I was trying to lighten the mood. It was half joke, half truth. I'll go edit it out.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am thinking the Animation may end up like the new TMNT based on what was said and not like Superlink.

7. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

I have several things to say.
    1. Bumblebee and optimus have the most toys per character per series. Prime is dead, bumblebee is leader. This potentially means that there are going to be MORE bumblebee figures per series. Basically "BEE RUSH! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK!!!"
    2. I don't fully understand the whole "TF:p rime is serious but we'll make TF:p rime's sequel lighthearted." Apparently it's impossible for kids to enjoy "more serious" things like bionicles or in this case, TF:p rime... I enjoyed more "serious" shows when I was a kid; I watched EVAN-FREAKIN'-GELION when I was 6 years old and understood and enjoyed it fairly well, considering my age. Maybe I was the odd one out, but I have a gut feeling that companies assume kids are stupid or kids actually are flat-out stupid these days.
    3. I'm keeping my expectations very low for now, until I watch the show. I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy it, but I'll give it a chance. Plus, I seriously doubt any characters from the show are going to get good toys, since the shows are now going to be intended for kids and the older collectors get the comic. Also, since Prime toys were pretty simple (especially at the end of beast hunters) and the appearance of the main line AoE toys, unless hasbro decides to incorporate some TF:p rime sequel character in generations, none of said characters will get decent toys. *sadface*
    That's pretty much all I have to say.

8. Stepper

News Credits:
    I think no matter what, Optimus Prime will still be the leader.

9. redx643

redx643 Well-Known Member

Will the whole show take place on cybertron

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I have, but it's been awhile since G1 Derangement Syndrome reared its ugly head.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After the ending we got, it'll take some serious BS to make that happen.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

:lol  Sad but true.

13. Stepper

News Credits:
    Simpler design like Animated can make up for some cool toys, I liked many of the Prime toys too.

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I finally saw these idiotic posts. G1 IS Transformers. It started Transformers. It made Transformers popular. It created all the iconic characters like Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Soundwave, etc. It is my absolute favorite version of Transformers. Who are you to bash the show?

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Most of the people who bash the show do it for the simple reason of trying to look cool to the new movie crowd and trying to stay "hip". Especially the ones who say the cartoon has 0 redeeming qualities are quite probably manchildren born in the late 90's talking out of their asses to try to look thug on the internet.

As much as I hate Bay for Bayformers I hate it most for lost potential, Sure the toilet humor sucks but there was so much more that could have came from those movies with a bit better writing. Every segment of the franchise has its ups and downs.

Now I will say anyone who said the 30th Anniv should be of G1 only I agree is totally wrong. It is 30 years of Transformers, but so far when it comes to the "Thrilling 30" I have seen 30 toys of modern IDW. There should have been things taken from some Japanese only material and brought into the "Thrilling 30" and THAT would have made it a legitimate anniversary of Transformers.

A reborn spark making Orion Pax 2.0 who [once again] has to "grow" into Optimus Prime. Now it would be repetitive and kind of silly, but it would be a no muss, no fuss way of dealing with it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd rather any show looked like Transformers Go than the last Turtles TV show - that thing was 'odd'.

What's wrong with Transformers Go - It is what it is a Cartoon made for the Japanese domestic market - considering that they actually managed to mostly resist totally dehumanising the Autobots, not that they gave them bags of personality either mind - but that is just Japanese Animation which can often be stuck so deep in it's own cliques it can never escape.

[1] No I got the point and Yes I did know they intended to Use Bumblebee but didn't in the end. The point I was trying to make was that there is some similarity between Armada Hotshot and Bee and that did slowly drift over time - I guess the point I was attempting to address is that maybe it's not bad to push Bee into a Leadership role as he was moving that way in Beast Hunters and very much that way in Predacons Rising... but they better not push to hard to quick - or people will be wondering why they are taking orders from someone who was only a Scout less than a Human Generation ago.

But if they do a bunch of youngsters and misfits like Big Convoys Crew then he can still be "superior" over them I guess. But if he's acting all great leader over normal warriors it will look a bit odd.

But with the same writers as Rescue Bots on Board I think they will deal with that in an OK way as they do that with Heatwave mostly quite well in Rescue Bots.

No Rescue Bots is Superb and Griffin Rock is an Island and so might have it's own unique gun control laws - beside does Chief need a gun ? would a gun suit the style of the show - I think not. Rescue Bots is way better paced than Prime was most of the time - and also it has more characterisation in than any other Transformers TV show I can think of. I can't overstate how faultless the show is - It's wonderful and joyful.
    If the new show is even half as well written then it will be a treat too.

18. badasp

badasp Well-Known Member

Looks kinda like a yellow Smokesreen.

19. BeeOtch217

BeeOtch217 Ha Ha You're a Mini-Con!

News Credits:
    G1 is NOT ONLY Transformers. We should not cater to YOUR needs just because you grew up with Transformers first. There are other series like the UT and RID.

I agree with MZ, though

Enough with the references. Just because it came first DOES NOT mean It's almighty. TF: Animated and TF: Prime we more well made than BOTH Messy G1 and the goofy movies. We Need ORIGINAL SHOWS not ones that ride and cash in on references to the movies and G1.

leave the past series alone!!! They're over!

This brand need to seriously evolve and make more original stuff like the Unicron Trilogy and RID did!

20. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Calling it now, Optimus will return at some point. Mark my words.