Prime Robots in Disguise Voyager Bulkhead Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I guess maybe the TFP Bulkhead is going to be as close to having a movie version of him we may ever get?

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    this guy and cliff are definitely priorities with this line, also want prime and bee.

The cons will probably be grabbed in their larger scales and I don't want an arcee until her vehicle mode is properly scaled with the rest of the autobots.

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to getting this.

4. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I think that may be one of the most impressive transformation sequences I've ever seen. Bought on sight!

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty badass dude. Do you think you could get a picture of them with Starscream and Megs by chance? I'm kind of wondering how the Deluxe version of Megs scales with the Voyager Prime and BH.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Robot or bot mode? Hell, give me a few minutes and I'll do both.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *southern accent* I do so appreciate you hospitality, sir. *southern accent* Er in other words... SWEET, THANKS!!!

8. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

His legs seem a bit long but otherwise he looks great. My fav of the TFP line so far.

9. AutobotJazz4

AutobotJazz4 Care to rock this board?

News Credits:
    Talk about good and well thought through enginering. Wauw... the part when Transforming is great, but then at the end the size difference between Animated and Prime... it kinda blows my mind. Best toy coverage Video ever.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'm still in awe of the transformation. So you pick him up and start opening some panels and suddenly WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?... just great engineering all around. Another Prime must-have!

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Here you are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Amazing transformation. If wizards didn't make him, they certainly designed him.

Definitely waiting for Megatron's Voyager. Megs & Op need to be big. Starscream may be close enough as a Deluxe, but I'll need to see his Voyager before making a final decision (I tend to only get a single representation of a character for each line). Don't think I cared for what I saw of 'Screamer's Voyager's weapon.

& to those complaining about Bulkhead's color, maybe they did that so they can release a properly colored one at the main launch? This is just the Preview version.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like how the Voyager Prime & Bulkhead and Deluxe Bumblebee, Starscream, Cliffjumper and Arcee all look about in scale with each other in robot mode. In vehicle mode, they are all over the place, but they look great on a shelf together as robots.

14. Hypershock

Hypershock Well-Known Member

Noice, lookin' good:cool:  Yea, lovin the scale. As for bulk's color, peaugh's already said the light made it shinier than it really is. Plus, what more could they do? His show green isnt that much different

15. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

I’m prefacing this post with the regular disclaimer than scale conversations are ridiculous – these are all toys and not model miniatures. But it can be a fun game if you’ve an interest in real world size comparisons…

If you want a TF: Prime collection where the characters alt modes are to scale, a relatively accurate line up could be:
    - Legion Arcee
    - Deluxe Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Wheeljack
    Ratchet should probably be between deluxe and voyager – his ambulance mode should have more mass than a sports car, but less than a truck. As a deluxe, he’ll probably be a little out of scale just like the deluxe Animated and DOTM Ratchets.
    - Voyager Prime and Bulkhead

The Decepticons are much harder to place. Knockout and the Eradicons as Deluxe cars and Breakdown as a Voyager armoured truck make sense, but Starscream’s jet mode would require the mass of a Leader toy. Megatron should be the same or bigger. Soundwave as a MQ-9 drone and Airachnid as a Bell-esque helicopter put them around Voyager mass. All of which puts over half the Decepticons at least a size class out of scale with the Autobots. It almost makes better sense to pare them off with the Prime Cyberverse Autobots, rather than the regular line.

All that aside, these look like really nice toys. Bulkhead's transformation is genius. Great review Peaugh!

16. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Wow, amazing figure and great review. I'm really looking forward to the official release of the Prime figures :bowdown: 

17. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    loving this! im sure the shelves will be packed with Primes and BB's as they are every other line.... this will be the one to hunt.

So, has there been talks of any leader class figures for Prime? i havent heard of any myself, thought i may have overlooked it.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    peaugh you double up on the cannons by buying two I am guessing?

19. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks dude :thumb . I was thinking that megatron might have been larger in bit mode, but I am wrong, oh well. Thanks for thee pictures!

20. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I am still soo impressed that Hasbro was able to pull off such an obvious mass-shifting character into such an accurate toy! I honestly didn't think it could be done.
    *slow clap*
    Well done. That's a buy on sight for me. I'm looking forward to a Lockdown-like deluxe Ratchet. (Or hopefully a voyager)