Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

No show deserves anything. If a show has run it's course (and imho Prime has) then it's time to call it a day. Better that, than it outstays it's welcome.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Like Simpsons, Spongebob, and anything even remotely related to Family Guy.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Young Justice has consistently been ten times the show TFP ever managed to be on its best day. Better characterization, better development, MUCH BETTER WRITING, the list goes on and on. Young Justice never fell into lazy patterns or filler episodes and it never backed away or hit the reset button on its character development.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Young Justice is also one of those freaks of nature that happens every once in awhile in where the writing staff actually write a cartoon like it's a major primetime TV show.

Most good cartoons pale in comparison to Young justice. So I think to expect Transformers to ever be on par with something like that is a pipe dream.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    True and to be fair there are plenty of shows that did a lot of things better then both Beast Wars and Animated with some things too so it's safe to say that most TF shows aren't on that level at least not yet..

6. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Agreed they have better writing i noticed it with season 2 but i heard that they might cancelled it but also heard that people are trying to save the show.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Young Justice is cancelled. It's not going to be brought back. The point in discussing YJ is that it's a much better show than TFP by any possible standard of measurement but it got fewer episodes than TFP, so TFP fans need to realize how lucky they were to get as much as they did and stop crying about it.

8. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Young Justice has only 4 episodes left. It ends March/April period. Sadly Cartoon Network just don't care about the older fans of the show. They're ignoring them and have made no attempt to explain the decision. That's why I love the Hub. They actually do care about the fanbase and for a new channel they seem to be learning more and more on how to keep fans happy and what programs are popular. Unlike Cartoon Network, the Hub seem to listen.

Sure Transformers Prime is ending but we know that the writers have said in the past the show was envisioned as 3 seasons and that Hasbro was very interested in continuing beyond that in some shape or form which is why I'm convinced the next show is a sequel with new writers and not a completely new show.

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This. The Hub so far has proven to be a station that doesn't put its shows into bad time slots and other then G.I.Joe Renegades they never cancled any of their shows since it first got created. If I was to present a new show for them I'd go to them without question.

As for TFP I'm one of the fans that is in a way sad that t's going but at the same time is happy that it's ending the way the writers wanted it and not being ended before its time. 65 episodes is pretty long and I'm happy that it reached that long and hopefully will be the same for future TF shows to come.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ Agreed, its a bit saddening that TFP Beast Hunters would be the last and final of TFP for a while. ^^

11. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

YJ fans are trying to get it uncanceled, but we're talking Cartoon Network here. They don't care about anything. Their managers flat out hate cartoons. So YJ has no hope, sadly.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Yep. It had a good run, and I had a good run alongside it :) 

13. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Or think of Thundercats.

14. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    +1

15. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

wait did you say 4 episodes left?

16. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Thundercats had a number of things wrong with it, not the least of which it was pretty horrible at promoting its own toy line (actually, that might be the biggest reason it got canned).

17. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I only own a single figure from the line, and he's pretty floppy and not well painted. One of the 3 3/4" ones. I don't know if the bigger ones were better, but I can see why they wouldn't want to promote them ...

However, it's largely a BS excuse that Cartoon Network loves to trot out. The more likely reason is that the show cost more to produce than CN liked. The heads of CN hate cartoons, and only like stuff that's cheap and fast to produce. If you aren't that, expect to get sabotaged at every turn. I can only assume that the only reason CN keeps getting these shows is because Time-Warner tells them to.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why haven't they fired Stuart Snyder yet? seriously screw him.

19. Sandstorm86

Sandstorm86 Active Member

I agree with this.

I suppose most people read my rant in the article Beast Hunters the final season.

I was pretty upset. And I was angry, because I feel no matter what, TV executives will choose quantity over quality. And that's not good

I'm still angry cause no matter what quality shows like Prime, Sym-Bionic Titan and Samurai Jack. Some of these shows are true gems, got good animation, interesting characters and can be funny without dumbing down viewers intelligence (I'm a Spongebob hater, Deal with it!)

I too believe Prime deserves better than this. I feel we as fans have got to stand up to the suits and let them hear our pleas.

And why not? Because they've been in the business for many years, going by ratings and how much syndication will cost?

And what about this new series? How long will it last? The same amount of time as the ones before? Money is always the issue with things like these. If I had a large sum, I'd wish an audience with them and voice my and others who would share my feelings.

Someone of that group has got to care and must listen.

That's all I've got to say. I am a Transformers Prime fan. Yes, I like it more than all before (The japanese trilogy, BM and Animated) And I'm not going to let anyone tell me differently. This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This is sort of like my comment in the "Who deserves a fourth season?"-thread, but yeah, I'd like TFP to have more than 65 episodes, providing they did interesting things with more episodes. More episodes for the sake of more relic hunts or pointless references wouldn't be worth it. I'll see how BH plays out and then make a more informed decision.

Not trying to start anything here, but I often want to whip out a comment like this in the movie forum. Though it applies to any particular topic, really. Bayformers, TFP, the sport of hockey, My Little Pony, etc.. If you don't like something (not directed at Kaijuguy or anyone specifically), then why bother continually being part of the discussion on it? Most of us have gripes about one thing or the other, but some of us try to voice our opinion in reasonable ways. If you absolutely despise Stallone movies, then don't go onto the Stallone fanpage, make an account and spend all of your time ranting about how you hate Stallone, hate his movies and really don't like anything Stallone-related. Save yourself the poisonous environment. Don't like the particular topic at hand? Don't be a part of the discussion. Don't like the particular show/movie/comic that the forum is about? Don't be an active part of the forum.