Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    well, I'm sad but glad to have watched a decently made TF cartoon like Prime. Anyway, yeah, robit shows/ anime mecha in Japan are usually only 48-52 eps long. TF: Prime can be considered setting the milestone in terms of one of the more longest showing shows. :) 

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    When did it ever arrive?

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    On the point that hasbro has been putting millions of dollars in the aligned universe. There an mmo based on prime coming out soon. Why would hasbro pay millions to make a mmo for a series that going to end soon. It common sense.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Your logic is flawed. Because if common sense was any concern at all, they wouldn't make the MMO. MMOs are money pits for software publishers not named Blizzard.

MMO business model:

STEP 1: Make MMO

STEP 2: MMO tanks

STEP 3: company takes a loss for the quarter

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The mmo was an example for the life of the universe and not the mmo market. I'm just saying that the next series will be related to prime.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, but they're related. I'm saying the fact they're making an MMO to begin with means their long term thinking is for crap. So nothing means anything. Sometimes people go out of business one day after ordering 5,000 business cards. Same principle.

Besides, I think we can all remember examples of tie-in games getting announced for properties and then finding out that the show being tied-into is getting canceled. The software developer gets caught just as flat-footed as the fans.

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Doesn't this also describe The Hub?

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I look forward to the day transformers prime dies, and it deserves to rot in hell

I gave this show all its chances, but after dreadwing was killed like a bitch for no good reason, I knew this was my most hated transformers cartoon, I'd rather watch ENERGON than this show, at least that series didn't give you false hope for a good show with amazing animation and awesome voice acting and cool designs, no, you knew energon wasn't that great, this one gave you false hope, and that is a bigger crime

I'll never forget how such great shows like Transformers Animated and Megas XLR got canned, shows that deserve more than prime, yet life is unfair, so prime got more episodes.

I really f*cking hate transformers prime, its such a bad series, its the step-by-step guide on how to NOT make a transformers cartoon

9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    No... why doncha tell us how you really feel?

10. guard convoy

News Credits:
    I REALLY f*cking hate Transformers Prime :lol 

seriously it is so bad, that I've been a fan since the age of 4 during beast wars, and became a full on collector in 2005 in middle school, and for the first time in my life, this show made me disinterested in transformers as a whole, if it wasn't for the AMAZING IDW ongoing right now and just how AMAZING the masterpiece line is right now, I probably would of gotten out of transformers for a while

11. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    That made my night. Thank you.:lol 

12. guard convoy

News Credits:
    I try my best :lol 

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Possibly. But at least in that case, there weren't ten million recent examples of how there was no way for it to avoid being a dismal failure, as with an MMO.

14. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

No,It doesn't need more episodes. It would end up being repeatitive shit like the entirety of the pokemon anime.

15. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It deserves a billion episodes.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, that's not what I'm saying, but I can see why you'd come to that conclusion - sorry about that.

What I'm saying is that, with all the things I feel Transformers Prime is doing wrong, it has ended up as a highly generic show.

Imagine there is a list of things, a summary containing all the things that one should be aware of when writing a quality show. Proper character arcs. Proper plot planning (and not dumping important information 5 minutes before your episode finale). Motivations. Introducing new, and writing out resolved plots. Etc.

I'm sure no show will be able to maintain a perfect 10, able to juggle all of the necessary elements into a product that is cohesive, but Transformers Prime is doing such a poor job with these elements, more and more bullets from the list get crossed out, until only 2 or 3 points are left standing.
    That is what the lowest common denominator means. Not that whoever is still able to like it is a moron, it's just that there are always people who are still able to enjoy it for what IS offered, because:

-It's possible they're aware it's not a good show, but they don't really care (just having fun!)
    -It's possible they're not aware it's not a good show, but are still young and developing -
    -It's possible they're deliberately looking for one or two of the remaining elements present (example: more gunfights and explosions than in the previous show), and can't really be bothered by the surrounding elements.

It's not a fault of the viewer. It's the fault with the show.

I believe that it's true that you can't please everybody. That's why I don't mind when a show decides to be something I do not like/agree with, as long as it dares to push into a direction and has its own face.
    Transformers Prime is not pushing into a direction. It's spinning it wheels in the middle ground of mediocrity. That's a worse offense.
    Transformers Prime could be a better show. Still not everybody would like it, but it IS possible to please more people if you deliver something better.

Mind you, I'm not saying things should be changed to the show to make it better - in the way some people who did not like Animated can say they should have gone with a different art style so more people would enjoy it. I don't think that's fair. I just think it should this show should, and COULD be better.

Also, say what you will about Split Lip's list of things, how most of them are nitpicky, but they're not, really. I will not defend or discuss the points about transformation, designs, and I won't discuss whatever you feel is wrong in his wordings, because that's not relevant to me - however I'm willing to agree with all of the ones about characters, character arcs, plots, pacing. Everything that has to do with the contents of the show, not the look.

In my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  17. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Whoa not true. Blizzard's shit isn't anywhere near the most popular and as they're subscription fee based instead of FTP, they're also not pulling in anywhere near the amount of money other MMOs are.

Their dinky 12 million users pales in comparison to companies like Jagex or Nexon who have the FTP system with up to 120 million users (50 mill for nexon)

If they stay away from PtP and actually put some work into this MMO it could be successful. Transformers has AMAZING potential as an MMO. With the FTP model they gain way more each month. I still remember logging onto PWI and being flabbergasted at how much the players were spending each month.

Problem is, I don't trust that they know what they're doing.

Edit: when I say Blizzard has 12 mill users I'm referring to WoW, which is what they're most known for. But even if you combine all their games they're still not the top

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If TFP had done some solid storytelling with their sixty-five episodes then I'd say have at it. Give us a thousand more episodes if they're going to be quality.

As it stands though the whole thing has been pretty bland to me and to give them even more episodes to just do more of the same with would be a waste of time, money and resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
    Considering all the little digs you've made about the Prime forum and how bad it is here in recent weeks why do you still come in here if you dislike this forum so much? I mean really why do you bother still coming here and posting thoughts about the show in this forum if you're no longer into it? I'm not saying you're not allowed to but it's just that if you REALLY hate and dispise a forum then why not just go to a different forum that you love much better and not come here anymore?

See how that works?

Whenever I see you've posted I come and read it for comedy value. It's amusing to see you tie yourself in white-knighter knots trying to justify stuff when people make legitimate comments and criticisms about the show that you don't agree with because you're blind to any of its faults and in your eyes the show can do no wrong.

Wisdom.

But then those criticisms about the show would be left unchallenged. Even if he doesn't actually have any solid arguments to counter them with they must be blustered against.

19. J2DK

J2DK Fan

I already miss Young Justice.

20. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Have they given a date when it will end?