Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Most of your points are pretty good, except this. Dreadwing was not mismanaged. He existed for one reason only - to show why Megatron always returns to Starscream. Namely, Starscream gets results. Dreadwing failed at every single task given to him, whereas Starscream repeatedly succeeded, twice against Dreadwing himself. Megatron's no idiot - he'll take the successful coward over the brave incompetent any day.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I've seen every episode to date and I can't see any reason why it deserves more episodes. Not even one full season in and the new TMNT series has became far better. The morons over Cartoon Network is ending GL and YJ, both series that are clearly better than TFP and if anything really deserves to go on. Those series has a planned story line, with deaths that are not taken from the G1 book of shock effects, and much deeper characters.

Take GL, the story line between Razor and Aya and the later effects of it to me is so much better than anything I've seen with TFP. When the series appeared to have something that could be interesting, its either removed all at once or forgotten. Breakdown pretty much died for nothing. It would of been one thing if he had died and Mech became a real threat over serveral episodes with the body, but that didn't happen. Silas took over Breakdown's body and haven't heard another hint of Mech or the body following Knockout's little "operation" game with it.

I know the response will be "Will just because they not shown, does not mean they are forgotten about." Yeah, like Starscream's forced favor to Breakdown to hide his capture from Megatron. Or Breakdown's past history with Bulkhead that was never once shown following being mention about. Like this issue between Dreadwing and Wheeljack, never once shown again following the first episode Dreadwing showed up.

Then there are other possible epic moments that turned into duds. Like the Orion Pax part to kick off season two. I would of thought the season would of been about Orion learning that Megatron is wrong, siding with the Autobots, and having to build back the relationships he once had, and then towards the end of the season becoming Optimus Prime once more during the trip on Cybertron. But nope, two or three episodes later and Prime is back with no memory of what happened.

Then we have Bulkhead being on his feet again and running in battle after Ratchet's dire status for him following getting blasted in the back. At least BW had excuses for the characters to get badly damaged and be back in action later on with the repair chamber/pool. I don't recall seeing anything like in the Autobot base.

Then we had the possible hint of Dreadwing joining the bots, both from Fowler and by the TFP STAFF. When that moment finally came, he not only didn't join the Autobots as a heroic Decepticon, he returned to the warship to engage Starscream and got blasted by Megatron. So he hands the bots a plot piece to go to Cybertron and then gets killed not long after. That was just stupid, but I guess the staff didn't want to confused the kiddies that not all Decepticons are evil.

I would of love to see Ratchet leave the Autobots over what happened in the final episode of season two, but I know they don't have the guts to do that. Heaven forbid an Autobot feels betrayed by Optimus that he joins the Decepticons. With the thought of a Decepticon control Cybertron is better that a dead Cybertron driving him towards that action.

Like I said, TFP has not earned the right to go beyond what it has been set to. It does not have the soul, the story, and the strong characters that TMNT and the sad cancellation of GL YJ has to deserves that.

Its sad when both BW and Animated didn't have as much episodes as TFP, but both made greater impacts than TFP has. Richer stories, bolder actions, stronger character devolopments, and a balance between fun, drama, and being serious.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You hit the nail on the head.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Then Megatron is a bigger idiot than he looks.

All Starscream does is backstab and bungle. All of his "successes" were short lived or personal successes because he went against Megatron and the Decepticons. He has never once shown any sign of true competance under Megatron's command, and lately has done nothing but simper and screw up. Megatron is a complete and utter moron if he thinks Starscream is in any way preferable to Dreadwing. Dreadwing wasn't incompetant, he was just beaten. Something Megatron himself is no stranger to. And hell, the entire scene itself was bullshit, since there was no reason for Megatron to KILL Dreadwing. Iyt's not like he needed to make a choice. He could've just incapacitated or put Dreadwing in his place. It was complete and utter contrived bullshit for shock value, nothing more.

For all the talk of Megatron being this intelligent, imposing force, all he's done is stand around and make the same lame-brained decisions typical of his G1 counterpart. You can split hairs and make up motivations all you want, but the simple fact is Megatron chose a turncoat over a truely loyal and devoted subject, something Megatron now has none of. He traded someone who would aid him in his time of need for someone who will stab him in the back and kick dirt in his face if he so much as blinks for too long. Stupid.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything that I could say was already mentioned. They've done nothing with the current two seasons, we BARELY have a cast, horrible character development, dropped plots that go nowhere, Autobots are super soldiers, moronic deaths, etc. It's only good for some of the designs and action, and even that has been incredibly spotty.

Shows like Green Lantern, Tron Uprising, and Young Justice should get more seasons, not the baby steps this show takes and then jumps backward a few feet. And don't say "WELL WHY r U STILL WATCHING?" Because I want the goddamn show to succeed. I want to like it. It has so much potential going for it. Instead its just massively disappointing, just like Korra and Ultimate Spiderman.

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm sure the next series is most likely a sequel series. So it technically will have more then 65 episodes.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The show's had a good run and I never really liked it that much, so I'm not upset to see it go.

On what basis are you making that judgement?

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Sasquach.
    Mermaids.
    Aligned Continuity.
    Chupacabra.
    Mothman.
    Yeti.
    Werewolves.

9. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I'm an avid fan of Prime and I fully support the decision to end the Prime series at 65 episodes. As I reflect back on Season 1 & Season 2, it's not hard to spot some major flaws in the series that overall tarnish its reputation. I'm looking forward to the new iteration however.

10. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    <3
    :bowdown: 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I enjoyed Prime for what it was. I was entertained, yeah season 2 made a lot of mistakes but i have feeling Beast Hunters will actually be epic.

With Beast Hunters, it can give the show some resolution and then i'm ready for the next series.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I agree, Autovolt. Give me crazy robot dragons to finish up, and I'll be good :lol 

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thanks bro.

14. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I look forward to the day when My Little Pony ends with a grand total of 198 episodes and people complaining that it should have lasted longer.

15. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  16. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

That's all well and good, but it was Starscream that ended up with the keys. You can't really deny that.

I think you're projecting your own feelings onto Dreadwing without actually seeing the kind of character Dreadwing was.

Dreadwing was not loyal to Megatron-- if anything, he was more loyal to Skyquake. Dreadwing refused to follow Megatron's orders three times in the series-- one in his intro, one where he came to back up Megatron against the Insecticon, and finally, when he refused to back down on Starscream. How do you interpret a character who blatently disobeys his master three times-- in his face even-- as loyal to Megatron?

Paying lip service to Lord Megatron and the Decepticon cause also doesn't excuse how he gave Prime the Forge of Solus Prime, either.

So here's a guy who disobeys orders when he feels like it and gives away one of the relics to the Autobots-- just HOW did you peg Dreadwing as loyal?

17. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    To be fair, that one kinda cancels itself out.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm happy with the number of episodes Beast Wars had. Sure the show started out kind of directionless but if you ignore Beast Machines then Beast Wars has an ending that I'm really happy with.

With G1 I actually didn't know how the last episodes went until I was an adult because I lost interest in the show when I was a kid.

19. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

True, and going by Megatron's speech at the end he liked that decision, but that doesn't change the fact he still disobeyed him.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    well, I'm sad but glad to have watched a decently made TF cartoon like Prime. Anyway, yeah, robit shows/ anime mecha in Japan are usually only 48-52 eps long. TF: Prime can be considered setting the milestone in terms of one of the more longest showing shows. :)