Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I'm completely ok with it ends in season 3.

2. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more episodes, but I feel like their limited budget kept them from really having some fun with this series, so this end is probably for the best.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Granted I'm not happy about it but I'm grateful that there is 65 episodes.

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Anyway, second longest TF series is nothing to ignore.

And every show may "deserve" more episodes.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    It doesn't. While that sounds harsh, think of it. 65 is a lot of fucking show. More episodes than the show probably had plot, to be brutally honest. There's been great, great cartoons that deserved that number of eps before this one, don't be greedy.

Prime didn't have enough story for it's 50 something episodes that already aired, don't force it to stretch anymore. It won't be pretty.

Literally threads upon threads with entirely legitimate concerns inculding, but not limited to:

The overall lifeless feeling the empty environments give.
    The mismanagement of characters and plotlines.
    Arcee's backtracking and confused character arc.
    The laughably terrible resolution to that arc where Airachnid literally stumbles into her own defeat.
    The mismanagement of side characters who promised bigger stories like Breakdown and his mysterious past with Bulkhead.
    The mismanagement of side characters with bigger stories with Dreadwing and his generic revenge plot as well as the dynamic he brought by being genuinely devoted.
    The moronic plot developements like Starscream losing his Transformatio cog, or Megatron sparing him (a coniving cowardly worm) over Dreadwing. (a formidable, devoted and cunning subject)
    The tendancy for the show to just pull shit out of nowhere because they want some epic imagery with minimal brain-power behind it. (Unicron being a real life being out of nowhere complete with ever before or since mentioned prophecy. The Omega Lock only being explained like and episode before it appears)
    The tendancy for the show to abandon worthwhile plot developements that would have been genuinely interesting in favour of the norm. (Orion Pax)
    The absolute terrible depictions or certain characters. (Optimus, crippled for life Bulkhead)
    The utterly failed depictions of once strong characters that have devolved into a shallow pictre of their former selves. (Arcee, Starscream, even Megatron is nothing more than a cliche villain who has almost no genuine accomplishements under his belt. Also every good thing that's happened to him has been an accident or happened for him)
    The incredibly slow and dragging plotline of gathering relics in the second season. Every episodes had to do with some kind of device. Every episode was a race for a shiney coin someone dropped on the street. Then next episode everyone went back to their sides of the road to grab the next one. Repeat AD NAUSEUM.
    The derivative concepts and mishandling of mythos. Especially damning as this is the entire point of the "aligned" continuity. Concepts and ideas are drudged up from TFs lore and given a new spin. Problem is said spin is often for the worse or they're practically a name drop.
    The derivative character designs that started off new and fresh but are starting to all bleed together with the same repeated design cues and many of the characters having the same shaped face, even at times head. (count how many characters have a V shaped face with some kind of head crest)
    The complete and utter bungling of the core gimmick of the brand: Transformation. Hardly ever employed in any exciting way, the alt mode variety is pitiful and every character shares the same type of jittery, quick-paced conversion. No unique method of transformation based on the character. Everyone transforms like they're all middle-weight spring chickens.

And believe it or not, the list goes on.

6. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

I don't know about Batman, but those other shows seem like bad parallels. All of three of those long-lasting legacies changed for the worst toward the end and went far downhill before they went off air, G1 being no exception.

The only reason I believe Prime needs to last longer is because so much potential was neglected in its first too seasons; I thought if it had more of a good, longer run it would be able to attend a lot of the boats it missed.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Look on the bright side:
    if they are ending PRIME, maybe they'll sh*t-can this half-assed (mis)aligned continuity non-sense.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, good luck with that...

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    As much as I want to belive that I know in my soul that the Bullshit continuity will live on.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime doesn't deserve more than 65 episodes. So far it has two seasons, 52 episodes, and they achieved nothing with it but pleasing the lowest common denominator.

This show has so much potential - it started out much better than I anticipated. But between the first seven or so episodes and the last three, this show has been a guidebook on how not to handle character development, not to plan story arcs and plots, and why trying to maintain a status quo no matter is bad.

In my opinion.

(but I'm sad that it will stop for the fans)

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    100% agreed. If anything, it deserves less episodes than it's gotten.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    If there were any shows I could use a "make more episodes" wish on, Prime is NOT it, not by a long shot. Now Freakazoid, Invader Zim, Transformers Animated, Young Justice, Green Lantern, those shows I wouldn't hesitate using that wish on as they've all been consistently great and in many cases were obviously headed somewhere interesting.

Prime, on the other hand, I'm just utterly apathetic to. It's not a show I wish would end, but I really don't really care if Beast Hunters is really the end or if it goes on for another decade.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Back in the 80's there was a fairly strong argument that kids only had a limited attention span and the heck with it we are only attempting to sell toys.

But animation moved on and now long arches and connected episodes have a legitimate place in the cartoon landscape. It doesn't mean that every series will have connected episodes and long story arches but now it's a choice that is made by the production team instead of being based on the myth that kids will not follow a long story.

22 minutes now has more to do more with how TV episodes are made to work in advertising than it being how long kids will pay attention to something.

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

Are you actually saying that the people who enjoy it are nothing more then idiots who know nothing about how to make a good story? Because from what you've said about pleasing the lowest common denominator that's what it sounds.

It's comments like that makes me not all that happy to be a part of this fandom at all. I'm dead serious.

You're honestly really going there? Look while I agree that 65 episodes is enough for any show there's no need at all to say something so snippy.

Most of the complaints you've had like the designs and transformations are just purely subjective and nitpicky at best. And another thing you ALWAYS talk about things like you speak for the fans when the truth is you're not. Why don't you for once stop about you're opinions like you speak for the rest of the fans? Because you're coming across as being arrogent.

Further more and this is my question. For all the people who have problems with the show and go on and say how much of a failure it is,how it's characters are the worst made in history and all here's this question.

Why do you still watch the show and come to the forums if you no longer love the show?

I mean really why do you bother still coming here and posting thoughts about the show if you're no longer into it? I'm not saying you're not allowed to but it's just that if you REALLY hate and dispise a show then why not just go to a different forum and show that you love much better and not come here anymore? That way you don't have to torture yourself with something you hate and that the people who still love it can enjoy it for what it DOES offer?

15. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I'll just answer your last question there.

This is a discussion forum, and those who don't like it have every right to watch the show, in the hopes that it might get better, then come here and give their opinions. Just like you all have the right to love it and discuss it here.

But Kaiju, what you really need to understand here, is that this is not the Prime Appreciation Forum. This is the discussion forum. There will be a lot of conflicting opinions. That does not mean you need to create a wall of text every time someone makes a complaint.

For the record, all three people you quoted made extremely valid points, and didn't need that response.

16. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Kaiju I tried, I really did, I tried really hard not to say this but this has gotten out of control.

Kaiju, GET SOME FUCKING ARGUMENTS!

I don't care if I get an infraction for this but somebody has to say it! Seriosly every time, EVERY BLOODY TIME someone posts ANY sort of complaint against Prime you are always there first to post a WALL OF TEXT that doesn't contain ANY agrument but only excuse, after excuse after excuse!

Guess what we also get haters and complainers and bitchers (tm) down in the comics forums. You know how we deal with them? With hard-core facts and arguments.

What you always do is: "Yes but the show isn't over yet! But the writers didn't mean that! But you can't say that!" etc.

If you want to defend someting defend it with ARGUMENTS not excuses, or don't defend it at all and let the haters hate it.

17. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Im starting to get the impression some people have pent up resentment that Prime got more episodes than their own favorite series.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but the vibe here is that "MY fav series didn't get a good ending/was cancelled/ect, therefore you can't complain about YOUR fav series ending."

Really hope that's not the case :( 

18. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Edit: phone posted twice >.<

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not at all. As I've said before, Prime's episode amount is more than par the course. If it was ending after like 10 episodes, then yeah I could see it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  20. EnergonWaffles

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yep I noticed yesterday that Parks and Recreation is also 22 mins. They're squeezing in more ads.....>.>