Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Prime: 65-68 episodes

Animated: 42 episodes
    Cybertron: 52 episodes
    Energon: 51 episodes
    Armada: 52 episodes
    Beast Machines: 26 episodes
    Beast Wars: 52 episodes

Grow up!

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

That's really subjective and debatable. You may think nothing ever happens, but some other people do. It's a matter of perspective and opinion.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thank you!

No, I'm pretty sure whether anything happens or not is relatively objective.

Also keep in mind that all your positive opinions of the show are also subjective.

4. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

I will say it doesn't matter how many episodes a show has, as long as there are people who enjoy it's run.

5. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

No matter how long or how short something is, a proper story with a proper ending will conclude satisfyingly. And in Prime's case, it isn't like they had a story they wanted to tell. They just kept making stuff up and more episodes would mean more of that. Just cross fingers for a good ending.

6. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

So what your saying is that anyone can criticize my opinion to prove it otherwise with their own opinion?

7. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Let's call in the final arbiter.

Hey, Straxus, what do you-

Staxus: I DO NOT CARE, PUNY PEON. *looks at thread and grabs everyone who posts on this website* ALL OF YOU WILL NOW BURN IN THE SMELTING POOL. *watches as everyone screams and disintergrate*

8. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

:lol 

I'm really beginning to like ya comments man.

9. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Why is it people keep swinging that around like its something to be ashamed of? Maybe I'm not getting the punchline here. Were the other shows somehow demeaned by their lower episode number? (And don't think I didn't notice the conspicuous absence of G1 and Headmasters)

And 65 episodes isn't a good run, its arbitrary. Its the number Disney, Nickelodeon, and CN use to sheer their shows. And it is naturally rankling to the fans of said show, so it makes sense said fans would feel a bit angry. Particularly when as far back as season one the studio was touting its big plans.

10. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Those shows were not reduced in any way because of their episode count. You missed the point, or at least that's what it seems like. 65 episodes is a great number for any cartoon, let alone a Transformers one, yet here we have Prime fans convinced its not even close to enough.

11. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'll be a household name here before too long.

12. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    I'd just like to use a non-Transformer example, BBC's Sherlock series has so far had 6 roughly 1 and a half hour episodes, that's 9 hours altogether, Prime has had 65 episodes that are 22 minutes, that's nearly 24 hours. One show has moved along just fine, the other hasn't.

13. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like they jumped the gun by ordering 26-episode seasons. If they had gone with smaller, 13 episode seasons there would have been a lot less time wasted and storylines would have been more concise.

14. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    What do you expect? It is a currently ongoing show, of course its fans don't want it to end and stop. It could be stopping at 6, 65, or 650 episodes and there would still be fans clamoring for more, just as there would be people on the opposite side saying it didn't deserve that much.

The problem here is that with the smooshed season 2 and shorter season 3, Prime does not appear to be ending as much as it is being ended. And that becomes a legitimate gripe if you happen to dig the stories, the characters, and the concept. So yes, Prime fans do get a little upset over what to us appears to be an arbitrary decision on the part of Hasbro. And while we can still voice that, we tend to, just as every other sub-fandom has throughout time. I'm sure Shakespeare had to deal with snarling fans everytime he wrote another play that replaced a current favorite.

15. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, since I enjoy watching it, I'd be sad even if the series did go through 2015 before ending.

I don't see anything wrong with wishing something I like could last longer.

16. Puck Hockey

I'd like to throw in my two cents. Non-Transformers of course. My favorite anime is 6 episodes long. A total blast from start to finish with perfect pacing and a satisfying end. Any shorter, any longer, and I feel the experience would have been diminished.

I've seen shows that I wish were longer and were cut short with plotlines hanging. I've seen pilots for shows that were never picked up despite being nothing short of wonderful. Prime is being cut, but it is different in that it knows that ahead of time and should be prepared accordingly (correct me if I'm mistaken).

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what makes them think it won't be in the same universe, maybe even with the same characters, just doing something different? lol we have no idea what they are planning at this point.

it could be just the writers going "we have exhausted everything with this show, let's do something else!"

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

First off never judge a series by the number of episodes. FLCL only has six episodes but it beats most cartoon series on cool factor, telling a story, and building up a cast of characters. It's not the number of episodes but how you use the episodes you do have.

Which is why I don't think Transformers Prime deserves more episodes even though I enjoy the show and the characters. There are cool moments in the show but much of it just felt like wasted time. The show needed to do more each episode instead of feeling like it was just spinning it's wheels until the next big cool event.

From Hasbro's point of view I can understand why they need a new series. At some point it gets hard to sell a small cast of characters because people have all the toys already. We saw how poorly Bumblebee moves thanks to being too much like movie Bumblebee so now would be Hasbro's chance to reinvent things. Speaking of which I hope they taser someone in the tender bits if anyone ever suggests a mute Bumblebee again because the gimmick is completely worn out.

No idea what the next series will be or if I'll even like it, but I rather enjoy getting a fresh take on cartoon series every so often instead of running one series into the ground. It's kind of like the show Newhart sometimes it's better to go out on top instead of fading away.

19. Puck Hockey

[​IMG]

20. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesnt both. The show is basically about a bunch of giant ass robots shooting either for no reason.......