Prime deserves more than 65 episodes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by OmegaWolverine, Feb 16, 2013.

1. OmegaWolverine

OmegaWolverine Well-Known Member

I heard that Season 3 of TF Prime: Beast Hunters will be the last season and contain only 13 episodes. NOOOOOOOOOO! Just when I was really beginning to feel alive again with Transformers. WHY? WHY? WHY are they ending with just 65 episodes/3 seasons? This reminds me of the cartoon shows during the 80's, 90's and 2000's where even popular cartoons and most toons only lasted 65 episodes, about 80% of toons only have 65 episodes.

Why are most cartoons even popular ones only lasted 65 episodes? Why not get more? Why Can't TF Prime have more than 3 seasons/65 episodes?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, both 1987 version & 2003 version each have more than 65 episodes. Batman The Animated Series (1992) have more than 65 episodes. The Real Ghostbusters (1986) has more than 65 episodes.
    Popular cartoons need to last more than 65 episodes.
    Transformers Prime needs more than 65 episodes.

2. darkunor

darkunor Banned

But those were good shows!

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    65 episodes isn't even bad. Some shows I like don't even get 30. I'd rather Young Justice and/or GLTAS get more episodes any day of the week than Prime. Prime squabbled around and wasted a bunch of time with plot threads that so far, have gone nowhere and episodes dedicated to relics that were either destroyed in the same episode or barely ever used. Animated and BW accomplished more in the same or less number of episodes. If it feels like Prime needs more episodes, I'm blaming the show itself for wasting so much damn time with pointless episodes.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Yes we need more relic hunts, oh what will the transformers fiction do without 50 more episodes of relic hunts?!

5. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I will agree with you when Prime can demonstrate any kind of ability to hold a plot for more than three episodes, that does not include any relic hunts.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I like the show... but won't lose any sleep if it's over.

Maybe the next show will be good.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    How do we even know that the relic hunts were the writers intentions to begin with? Do we have any proof that the relic hunt was what the writers wanted?

8. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

At this point, who cares. It happened, it was terrible, and whomever made the choice is to blame for it. That's it.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Apparently it doesn't.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing what the next TF cartoon will be.

And 65 isn't a bad number anyway. That's more than most TF shows have gotten.

Who cares? Who cares what the writers wanted or didn't want? All that matters is the episodes we got.

I'm sure the writers INTENDED to deliver the greatest TF show ever produced. Oh well.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    If it helps any, it'll probably technically end with 68 episodes. Considering it was mentioned before that there would be 16 episodes this season, as opposed to 13, and that upcoming movie is probably where those last three are going.

11. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

I like Prime a lot, and it's pretty upsetting that it's ending now with what the new seasons looking like. I really did think it had the potential to be a good anchored down show, but I guess the show's creators thought otherwise.The thing I don't get is that TF4 isn't until the middle of next year, so TFP should be able to have a longer third season. I know having the movie toys and Prime toys at the same time would affect their sell but movie toys don't usually come out until around the actual movie release. All in all Prime shouldn't be ending now, I just think the creators are slackin' and losin' inspiration.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What makes TFP fans think they won't enjoy the next Transformers cartoon, whatever it ends up being?

13. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I believ they file that under the heading of "Too good to last.." Personally I agree with you it deserves more episodes. I'm quite tired of good shows I like being cut short before their time (Sonic SatAM, Bucky O'Hare, Code Lyoko, SWATkats, Kappa Mikey). There needs to be more examples out there like Kim Possible, though with a happier ending.

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Most of the hard-core Prime fans are either people for whom this is their first tv-series coming of movies or in general and are having a hard time accepting that things change.

The other reason is the (insane) idea that Prime is "teh greatust piece of tranfurmots fiction ever created" and that whatever comes after it will be inherintly inferiour.

15. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Isn't that the stance of all TF series fans? I seem to recall reading Animateds fans getting the same rather nasty attitude too... not to mention UC, RiD, BW, for some reason BM, all the way back to G1.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    1. No it doesn't.

2. Jesus Christ, the "OH WOE IS ME PRIME DESERVES MORE EPISODES IT ISN'T FAIR" thing is just ridiculous. Prime is getting more episodes than most TF shows have gotten; be happy about that, Prime fans, and cut this shit out.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The reason I asked that is a lot of people are acting like the writers love relic hunts when it may be a case of excutive meddling. The writers may have been unhappy with the result as many people are. We really have no proof for now about what happend behind the scenes. Again there was word about Hasbro forcing the writers to change plans for the original season 2 and 3 plans and that may be the case While this still won't change what we got we should at least be mindful about who to point the finger at.

Isn't that really streching it?

Not all hard core Prime fans are like that and most of them aren't that unaccepting about new things. I'm known to be a huge TFP fan but I know that it won't last forever and I may love the next series even more. Besides I remember some Animated fans getting worked up about TFP coming and were having a hard time accepting that TFA's cancled so this isn't really the first time we've had this.

18. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

You have anything to back that up with?

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    The fact that shows that had tons of shit going on with them like Green Lantern TAS get fucked with less that 30 episodes, while Prime, a show where nothing ever happens, got 60+ episodes?

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I do, actually: all of the issues I and other people have brought up with this show multiple times before, and the fact that, as I said, it's already getting more episodes than most TF shows.