Prime and Bee to get a make-up in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shroobmaster, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's not bad at all, I like that it's colour matched to him and it's a lot less Gundam looking then the ones in that series of b & w concepts.

2. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

For what it's worth, it strikes me that this is being driven primarily by Hasbro in order to market new toys. Having released umpteen-and-one versions of the existing character models, they know full well that Mom'n'Pop won't be conned into buying yet another 'tweaked' version of the same toy for little Timmy; as such, changes need to be made to justify said purchase.

That aside, I look forward to seeing exactly what changes are planned - personally, I reckon the 'Powermaster' trailer combo schtick Ultrawave posted would be bang-on for Prime. :thumb 

EDIT: Buggered if I know how they'd make that into a toy, though...could you imagine the size of a Leader-class PM Prime?!?

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Sounds promising, but can't get to excited until next year, or some new concepts.

4. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

like a film about children's toys?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

What.... oh wait, your new. lol

6. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I would of preferred full new upgrades.

How many Camaro BB can Hasbro do?! To much of the same thing.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Do GM have anything they'd want to hype more than the Camero in 2011/2012 that is the same sort of thing as BB is ? an new Coupe or a new Corvette perhaps ?

If they don' then I'm guessing he'll stay similar the most they might consider is making him a Transam/firebird rather than the Bumblebee deco.

a Firebird deco could be tweaked to give Bumblebee an almost Hotrod like deco perhaps? yellow with red accents or red with yellow accents ?

He could be a red car with a yellow robot mode or a yellow car with red interlimb coloring.

a transam is the next logical extension of a camero as he's gone from Concept to Production (type s) so the next one up is the even flashier version which would be a Transam / Firebird if you follow the traditional evolution path for the cars on Bumblebee too.

Personally I'd adore it if they went backwards and made him a 69 Camero - but I doubt that would happen 'ever'... though it would make for a great retconed flashback mode for BB. since we don't really know how long BB's been on earth months, years, decades ?

8. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I kinda wish more TF's in the movie were older cars and stuff. It would be more realistic (where youd want some realism i guess) and it would be way cooler.

I thought the Twins looked cooler as an old ice cream truck but then they became generic shinies.

Optimus looks like a show room truck. Ive never seen one like that on the road before.

9. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Maybe wwhat they mean is like the way he's built. He may look slightly bulkier or something, not actually chnge things about him. And they may alter the proportions of optimus. Stuff like this may mean like moving the position of stuff like raise or lower shoulders.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds to me it's just a way to make sure they can sell a whole new list of Bumblebee and Prime toys all over again. :) 

I just hope this doesn't mean Bumblebee will suddenly be more bulky..but hey, they say the changes are subtle. Probably means just some changes to the rigs to give the animators more room for more lifelike/action poses.

11. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Sounds promising. Can't wait to see what the big bad of TF3 will be then.

Hopefully all this means it'll be a more subdued movie, and character (ROBOT) driven scenes.

My main fear is this talk of 'lore' means unicron. Cause last time, it meant the Fallen.
    I rather have dinobots, and wreckers, before we get to unicron. Subtle changes to prime could mean a matrix cavity too. That'd rock.

I just hope TF3 builds more, and leaves room for 4 to go wild again with a sari reference, and cyclonus and galvatron, building for 5 with unicron.

I'm all for the model changes if it means more progressive story in this 'reality' based movie world. They've covered their asses well with the choices so far. With NEST feeding them new cars to scan, authorizations denying outsiders seeing bot modes. Among other little things. I'd like to see all that culminate into something fresh for this movie though. As in more onscreen interaction with bots, and them not just being used as war machines. Autobots are mostly supposed to be the average laborer's scientists, and factory workers. Besides the few who turned away from the decepticon cause. Decepticons are supposed to be the cybertronian military gone rogue. I'd like to see this dynamic come out more in the forefront. Megatron's martial law over cybertronians trying to restore their race to their supreme glory. And prime trying to protect all life from these power mad militiristic beings who'll destroy anything inbetween them and their goal. Autobots are supposed to abhor war and violence, barring the few who revel in it from history with it, loss, and being decepticons turned good. (Soldiers fighting the good fight!)

They've seemingly set it up, so no one else can be a prime, but optimus and Sam. So lets hope it stays that way for now.
    NO HOT ROD!

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Shiny in vehicle mode dirty and scratched in robot mode - a hang over from Mr. Bay's days shooting car commercials I guess.

But I remember what was said about Star Wars Episode 4 - George had to tell people to stop polishing things as he wanted it to look like a 'Used Universe'.

The Twins icecream truck form was probably a fairer balance - I think they could have done with looking a bit muckier in vehicle mode sometimes when they'd been playing in the sand... Ratchet and Ironhide would probably look better in vehicle mode if they were a little dirtier too - at least when they are not in an urban environment. or after a battle.

for a character to have a fight take hits, get burned and bashed and still turn into a perfectly shiny car is as illogical to me as someone clothes getting clean/dirty/clean/dirty/clean in the movie The Island.

Its effectively a continiutiy error - even if it is a deliberate one.

13. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Oh yeah. That was one of the first things I noticed in movie one.

It was so annoying that theyr vehicle forms were always so purdy but theyr bot forms were scratched up and all.

14. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

I just chalked it up to the pigment repair mechanisms used to much energon in robot form...robot mode uses massive amounts of energy (weapons, arm and leg movements, balancing gizmos etc) so the central processors shut down the least useful mechanisms so save energon...but I could be wrong and a complete dork

15. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

That's cheating!!!

But you seem to have put some nerdy effort into it (I can appreciate this) so you get an B+.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah Nanotech healing of the carmode to maintain the disguise is fine and what I was thinking too - but since the car and robot panels are the same panels - logically if they are scratched as a robot - then they heal as a car if they transform back they should be unscratched again until damaged when they then transform back to robot mode.

But it's not just scratches that appear and disapear it's dirt and sand, weapon impacts and allsorts of things just disapear and reappear.

The only thing that makes sense is that they are still dirty in vehicle mode but it's disguised by holograms and that is switched off in robot mode so the dirt then shows.

But I get the feeling that of the car was to drive through wet sand or mud and then transform the robot wouldn't be muddy.

I don't know if there's any glaring errors like that with Mudflap and Skids in the desert off hand. I know they do get very grubby in Egypt but if we don't see the continuity shift then you don' always have a direct comparison.

17. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually....
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...prime-bee-get-make-up-tf3-13.html#post4613672

You heard it here first... ;) 
    But it's at least rewarding to know someone else had the exact same thought as me!

18. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just make him talk with mark ryan voice thats in my mind more mature...

19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let them be the first to die, in the next movie

20. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was all expected guys.. Surely most of us had seen this coming. Its all about marketing. If they were to redesign the robots or change vehicles, then there would be new mold of the toys to follow, and us the toy collectors and kids alike will flock to get the new toys.. I had already seen this coming since the first movie ended. I was in fact surprised that they kept most of the details of the Autobots that were from the first movie the same in ROTF, well except for a minor cosmetic change in Bumblebee's car mode (the front bumper).

So its no surprise that for TF 3, they are giving the two main characters in the movie franchise ie Bumblebee and Prime a makeover...

Its mentioned in the article that they want Prime to look more heroic.. Does he not look heroic enough now???? I wonder how heroic looking he has to be in TF 3 compared to the look he had in the first and second movie.....hmmm....