Prime and Bee to get a make-up in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shroobmaster, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SO Optimus prime will wear a cape and BB will have some balls?

2. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah.

News Credits:
    It sounds like a few people in this thread need to go back and re-read that article, if they ever bothered to read it in the first place. None of the changes described by Benza or Ferrar indicate that either Optimus or Bumblebee will be getting such a massive overhaul as to automatically warrant new toy molds. In fact, Prime's changes were described as being subtle easter eggs which only hardcore fans are likely to notice (and, therefore, not likely to constitute a major redesign).

On top of that, Hasbro is going to have a new cartoon/toyline in the works by the time movie 3 premieres, if not before. I doubt they're going to want to put as much of their design and engineer resources toward what's likely to be a short line (assuming the next mainline is more G1/WFC/movie inspired) when they'll need them for the continuing development of new figures for the next mainline. Which is why, IMO, we're seeing so many of the returning characters from ROTF get new, more accurate mainline toys now, so Hasbro won't have to spend time, money, and resources designing and engineering entirely new molds for movie 3.

Basically, this sounds more like standard procedure from ILM - upgrading and adjusting their CGI models to coincide with advancements in technology and the demands of the movie - rather than a cheap ploy to increase Hasbro sales (and, honestly, why would ILM care about what toys Hasbro is or isn't going to sell?).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Thats where the flames belong.

Optimus with flames always screamed "immature". Like everything else come to think of it.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Bumblebee is going to have a different look and it doesn't matter to me, but i'm hoping he will finally speak and not communicate through songs.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's going to have a bigger codpiece and Prime's getting a cape. You heard it here first!!!

6. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

I can't help but imagine a brighter shade of red, and less blue, for Prime.

Bumblebee, I dunno.

7. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I'm betting a trailer for Prime.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thirty percent less face-taking.

9. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Hrm... I wonder how this will impact their alt-modes, if at all? I'd be interested in seeing Prime with a trailer, although it doesn't have to transform. It can carry around a bunch of Autobots or something.

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think Bumblebee 'HAS' to get a new toy mold or at least a strongly significant remold.

What are hasbro going to do they've already made a Bumblebee with Auto-morph legs, a transforming cannon arm, a Videogame style melee axe, and a transforming helmet (out in a few months time).

Can they really do much more with that mold ?

I think they will start over with another toy even if the character is only slightly changed.

But heck they might proove me wrong they might keep the basic design in the movie and just change his stripe pattern and some colors and tweak him again... so he's already had 3 bodies (4 if you count the Cybertronian design) - this would be an evolution to a further state that is another slight change.

11. lowem

lowem Well-Known Member

I'd suppose we could expect another, what, 2-3 Leader variants and 6-8 Voyager and Deluxe variants for these fellas, throw in the Ultimate editions and a sprinkling of Legends class to go along, with/without Japanese stickers (that'd be yet another set) and Hasbro/Takara would be all ready for yet another cash-making adventure. Not that the fans would mind. Right? :) 

12. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

its bay so he will probably receive a crotch full of pubes

13. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Tweaks to existing models are to be expected, and I'm sure Hasbro will capitalise on said changes, after all it is the unabashed point of investing substantial amounts of money into the movies.

I'm more interested in new character design development (will we see multiple Fallens and Ravages in the background of future battles?).

Bumblebee's development could be something as superficial as an increased arsenal. But I've always felt his naivety and innocence was the touchstone for the younger demographic to relate to the movies -if not the whole audience, (Rather than seeing through the eyes of a hyperactive neurotic human).
    This is why I think the studio is reluctant to give him a voice, as he is a catch all to relate to (Like the 'rookie' character in FPS games -inject your own personality).

Whether developmental changes will effect the perceived said relationship remains to be seen. Potentially Bumblebee's growth could reflect the development of maturity in the younger audience of the previous movies, or at least the general audiences evolving familiarity with the franchise and its concepts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm...I'm guessing proportions more like Animated Prime(bigger lower legs, slanted back posture, more pronounced shoulders and wider chest) with more aggressive battle mask for Prime.

15. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Thats good insight because I dont see hot rod being in the movie. Maybe bumblebee gets the matrix? But i wouldnt want to see prime die....again.

16. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Nothin' say heroic like toting around a big ol' trailer full of dead Decepticon parts for when you need to fly around and rip someone's face off.

17. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a pic of this? Was it combined with a trailer?

I think OP will carry the Matrix, head and mouth plate changes, and trailer armor

BB will become a convertible like the concept art that was not used.

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    This is probably closer to the truth then a lot of suggestions in here.

Not really too closely related to this news about minor model changes but I am hoping to see some kind of armour for him, those trailer designs were very cool and we've seen how well Takara can make that kind of thing work... once they've been given a decent amount of time to do it anyways. :lol 

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Why? They're just flames. It's not an uncommon feature on many semi-trucks. I tend to see it on a lot of the trucks that drive by my house from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    [​IMG]