Prime 1 Bumblebee movie Blitzwing statue

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DevastatorPredaking, Sep 23, 2018.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I realized that after reading the article. I'd definitely take that statement with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly don't know why they didn't. Knight said he looks like G1 Starscream because he's a seeker and they all look alike. So why go with the name of a triple changer? A member on the boards gave me a really contrived argument about how they wouldn't want to waste a seeker name on the character, though I really don't get the logic of that lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that BlitzNotStarscreamWing’s face kind of looks like a cross between the original Seeker head & a techno cow skull (with oxygen filters from a gas mask). It’s really cool & threatening looking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

Whoever this seeker turns out to be, I really hope we get a good Studio Series toy of him! He's my favorite of the new bots, along with Shatter and Dropkick.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Like the old saying goes, "that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence", so take it for what you want...

My hunch is the entire reason that he's named "Blitzwing", and not some other name is BECAUSE he's not a triple changer while the other two villains are. It was a forced change from somebody else that was intended to piss fans off and harm the movie. I'd even go as far as to say, that based on the rumors of the Cybertron flashback being expanded, that action was taken to counteract this.

6. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

The sad thing, if his name was Blitzkrieg instead of Blitzwing, all these complaints will be never happened. And you could do a nod to the triplechangers, without be one of them.

• Like Like x 5
  7. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. And a masterpiece figure too. We haven’t had many decepticon masterpieces other than barricade

• Like Like x 3
  8. s0undwav3fan64

s0undwav3fan64 Soundwave is best bot

Yeah me, too. Blitzwing, Starscream, whoever he is, I’m also hoping for a Studio Series figure and a movie masterpiece figure. He would look great

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    And that's a big middle finger right back atcha. :p 
    Not my fault you don't like the reason why even though that is the reason why that choice was made and has been planned that way for a bit now.
    Not contrived, trying to keep options open to leave room for other choices later instead of wasting a mainstay Decepticon character for a spin-off movie.
    You're focusing way too hard on that one detail that's supposed to be a nice way to nod both characters, as well as have a toy line nod easter egg and nothing more.

People like you would argue with an author over what they put in their own book, so whatever.

Continuing on with this hidden obscure toy name easter eggs. Ever consider there might be an additional reason why Knight keeps referencing Wheeljack the most? Like how that might be a prime renamed toy kind of easter egg reference itself? (Though he does mean G1 Wheeljack in the movie. But word plays and hidden meanings are marketing 101 and have been for a very long time now.) :cool: 

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't be the only other one who thinks this.

It's not so much that the seeker is someone besides Starscream, but that he's someone so specifically not Starscream. Call him Skyshadow, or something. He doesn't need to be Starscream, but Blitzwing just seems so out of place when there's so many characters with a history of looking like Starscream, in a movie that's really faithfully depicting many other classic characters. Everyone else is a new character or a very familiar interpretation of a previous one, except Blitzscream.

I know the issue's been talked to death, and I don't mean to sound bothered by this because I'm not, it's just... weird.

• Like Like x 3
  11. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    The animated movie was 1983! :lol 

12. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. I too am not actually *bothered* by it, but as an observer and G1 fan that's been through th emill with the Bay stuff, it's extremely weird that literally everyone else now looks like their namesakes - even for as much as it makes NO sense continuity wise - but the ONE bot that looks like Starscream and is colored like Starscream won't be Starscream.

Bay would pull these kinds of random name slaps all the time, so if this all supposed to be so different and "faithful"... well... what the hell's up? It's just going to cause more confusion (and frustration) than it needs to. If nothing else is going to make sense with characters having "new" classic looks for a prequel of the Bayverse being re-imagined somehow, might as well just doubledown and call this guy Starscream.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ae38

Ae38 Well-Known Member

Seconded. I think a blackout-style small leaderclass or a large voyager would be good. This new seeker design is stellar!

• Like Like x 1
  14. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s why it upsets me. I want this so much to be Starscream. But I believe David Sobolov confirmed the character he’s playing is called blitzwing. And since every sign has pointed to this decepticon being him..... but they’ve done such a great job making all the other figures look like themselves, it doesn’t make since.

15. Onilink

But it's not that Blitzwing is a third tier character... He has pratically a toy in every modern Transformers toyline, he was a major character in Animated, he has a recent titan master toy... And now is a simple seeker. If they don't want to waste a name.. simply put a new One on it.
    I mean... He doesn't have to be starscream, it's ok. But it's like calling the Joker Clayface.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this something you actually know from some other official source or are you just surmising here? From this thread you can see I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd. And again there's no real reason behind why they'd want to save all of the seekers and coneheads for future over saving a character like Blitzwing other than you saying it would be "better". Maybe it is a reference to Cloud Starscream, but it seems like more people are puzzled by the choice than can appreciate the homage.

I am intrigued, though about Wheeljack, as I genuinely don't know what that would be.

On the other hand there's someone else convinced it's confirmed as Starscream. Most of us are in the middle, accepting it's Blitzwing but wondering why.

Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2018
  17. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Oof this thread. I'll Just call him the red and white winged evil fart exterminator robot. Yeah thats got a nice ring to it.

18. Onilink

Nice Spider-Man avatar

19. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Heh heh. For a second there I thought you were serious

• Like Like x 1
  20. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will take a seeker with a side of movie accurate transformation in a size leader please.

Upgrade to a masterpiece for only $100 extra, sir

Hmmmm.... ok!

• Like Like x 1