Price Check - Sealed Beast Wars collection

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by DethPike, Oct 22, 2008.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Hi all - thought I'd ask here. Any interest still in sealed AMERICAN carded Beast Wars?

I'm NOT "leaving the hobby" or anything - just trying to decide if I'd rather have a ton of sealed Beast Wars OR maybe a couple of the nicer big pieces. Same value - less room.

Just trying to get a ballpark idea of what kind of numbers I'm looking at. I've got everything up to Beast Machines EXCEPT Cybershark, Clawjaw, and Jetstorm - got everything else sealed. Mutants, Rockblisters, BW2, Transmetals, etc. Got a couple BMs also but not many.

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Send them to bigbadtoystore for store credit, they very fair and yu can get a bunch of goodies from the store.

3. DethPike

Ebay:
    Joel is an awesome guy for sure, but he doesn't have the goodies I'm thinking about. ;)  Thanks for the advice, though.

4. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I've almost reached the end of my MISB Beast Wars collection and prices vary. But I've noticed the American versions are more popular than any tri-language versions like Canadian or the UK. Obviously the more popular characters (ie: the original ones) will go for higher prices. The Rock bubbles were especially expensive, especially Rattrap. The lesser-knowns are all over ebay for very low prices whereas Tarantulas, Waspinator, Blackarachnia, Scorponok, etc are fetching prices anywhere from $50-150. I recently paid $175 for a Waspinator/RB Tarantulas if that gives you any ideas. And hell, if you have the American smooth bubble regular Tarantulas, I'm interested in buying; he's the last one I need to complete my collection.

And I definitely know what you mean about lack of space. I'm damn-near drowning in toys.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    you say that like its a bad thing ;) 

I know Canadiansomethign has his collection listed here dunno if he sold it.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Lately I've seen a lot of "how much is my collection worth" threads in here and it seems like there's a better place for them like the toy section or general discussion. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I mean there are more people checking the other sections I believe. I mean whenever I want to know the going value of something I want I either ask in the toy section or check completed auctions on ebay.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong posting here but it seems like there are somewhere around 100 constantly revolving sales threads that are also constantly bumping their threads to be on the front page.

Bottom line here is real estate is very limited in this space and I think you'd get a pretty good response to your question in a number of other threads

7. DethPike

Ebay:
    I'll keep you in mind if I decide to let them go - right now they're not hurting anybody just sitting there BUT there are a ton of these things. And my thinking was that I like them, but I like older TFs more. So why not sell these and then turn around and put all that $$$ from a BIG pile of stuff into a smaller more managable pile of like 2 or 3 really NICE Japanese things, maybe. I dunno - still going back and forth on it.

Thanks for all of the help, folks! It wasn't my intention to take up space on the sales board but I wanted to find and ask someone who'd been buying these specific things and about what kind of numbers they'd seen on them, and I figured if they were buying that they were buying HERE, that's all. Thanks again!