Preorders up for FE Cliffy, Arcee and...VEHICON!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Arkitect76, May 11, 2012.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Toys R Us was the only brick and mortar retailer to buy in to First Edition figures in the US, and they only ever ordered wave 1 deluxe, yes? So then it stands to reason that Cliffjumper and Vehicon were never produced for US consumption since no stores ever ordered them?

That said, there would be no stock of these figures that exists in the first place for discount retailers like Ross and TJ Maxx to purchase and sell in their stores?

I'd love to be wrong and start hearing about folks happening into Ross and finding pure walls of FE Vehicons; but I'm also trying to keep my feet on the ground of this situation.

I want to army-build the hell out of some Vehicons, but already having one each of the FE and PRID Vehicon, I'm really unenthusiastic about paying another 60 bucks each for more of the FE. I'll pass, Robot Kingdom.

2. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    this would imply that the producers of the toys would wait for an order from a retailer to produce the toys and send them out...wouldnt it?....im pretty sure it doesnt work like that....i would think they produce and then try to get retailers to put in there orders....but since no US retailer took them...i would assume they are stuck with some right? wouldnt hasbro be able to sell their extras to somebody that would take them like ross or tjmaxx....these are all asumptions from me....i really dont think they will appear but who knows

3. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, did the Hasbro versions of those figures get released ANYWHERE? The FE deluxes and voyagers have been released in places, so I don't think it's impossible for them to show up.

And again, I'm not betting on it. I'm hoping for it, but that's it. These are just toys, and I'm not paying above retail for things like this.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
  5. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Vehicon is down to 6....

6. midicity

midicity Well-Known Member

There has been a re-release of TFP FE Bulkhead in Singapore. Some FE Voyager Bulkheads have been on sale in a couple of TRU in Singapore

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow,that is sure good news for Singapore collectors whom has missed it the 1st time round

8. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    $60 for a Deluxe Vehicon...

So damn tempting, but I'd rather hold back and just pray I find Vehicon around the stores by me.

Still a better price than the ebay prices lately

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I base my theory on the fact that unproduced GI Joe Vehicles including the Sand Serpent that NEVER showed in any store before Ross. Along with those there were canceled Target Exclusives, and Vehicles that were canceled and showed in Canada in multi-lingual as well as Target exclusives that were canceled.

They were made, they are sitting somewhere looking for a place to go.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  10. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

I honestly don' t believe vehicon is worth it, I mean really 50 plus shipping for a deluxe toy? I'll take my chances finding the much better looking rid vehicon

11. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    $12 bucks for a deluxe is one thing but charging Botcon prices for the Vehicon is just too much. I can't afford troop building at $60 a pop.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Dammit, this happened on one of the rare days I don't have net access at all...

Figures.

13. sh002

sh002 Banned

if they ever list a fe optimus for a good price i'll buy one. pass on all the fe deluxes.

14. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    More stock in for the figures at RK...check links from OP

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that if the toys were produced for the US at all, then BBTS would have recieved their orders.

16. Arkitect76

Arkitect76 Fanaticon

News Credits:
    could be....you know thats a very good point....but what if seeing there was no interest from the big retailers for the FE figures they just decided to cancel them to the US all together and, therefore, didn't even bother with the smaller retail stores?....Im only saying because it jus doesn't make sense for a mass producing toy company like Hasbro to limit this line the way it seems they have so far.....and then you have the restocks...and Canada seems to keep getting more....

17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's true, I forgot about those.

But there was NEVER a FE Vehicon made by Hasbro... Until now, apparently. It makes me wonder what this is - Takara overstock in Hasbro packaging, or a whole new figure (well, version of a figure) that was put into production?

If it's the latter, you're probably right. RK won't be the only one getting these, after all - they will be made in the tens of thousands.

18. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I`m wondering if this is gonna be the Takara version too, or if it`ll straight up be a less shiny version of it. If it`s the latter then maybe there`re hope for a North American release, but it also sucks couse people buying it late will be getting a lesser product than what they`d have gotten months ago.

Mind you, its not like it`ll look bad by any stretch, but I`m still curious.

19. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

It would be a good laugh if they did start showing up for $7.99 at discount retailers, I've seen stranger things over the years...

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would think is just Hasbro reissue, not the Takara reissue