Premium Series Optimus Prime and Megatron Confirmed for Mass Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 10, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    FUCK YES! Megatron here I come!

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I might have to see bigger and better pics of these two to have my final judgment on them. Other than that, they look promising.

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I agree.

Funny how hypocritical many people here are. I resold a Masterpiece Starscream & CC09 BB and people would cussed me on the boards while at the same time PMing me to beg about buying it outright from me. Swapping the figures only hurts the industry. If the stores suddenly get 20+ figures back per store, they will be less likely to mass order the next wave. So go ahead, kill your chances of getting future Transformer toys. Nothing like burning bridges, right?

idiots.

4. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    A while back I was pissed buy the repaints. But I got a nice raise in my job so I can get the all know. Im going to give the old ones to my little nephew becuase he wabted them really bad when he saw I had them.

5. NintendoVG13

NintendoVG13 Well-Known Member

oh yeah Megs is going to be mine Im so glad I waited instead of getting the normal version!!!

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yeah, and while you're at it, you should also return any toys you don't like anymore in packaging of toys you recently bought. Because Hasbro DESERVES it for not releasing all the good toys in the first place.

7. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I can't help but be reminded of the episode of the Simpsons where Lisa is going on about how the New Malibu Stacie is the same as the old one, except with a different hat.

8. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    I'll be picking both of these up. So it looks like all the Premium figs will be hitting the shelves around March-April. Now if they would just announce a Premium Leader Brawl, that is one kickass mold.

Good thing they're all mass release, with the lone exception being Starscream. Hopefully hunting for them won't be that hard.

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I have regular Leader Prime and still feel inclined to buy this one. Mainly because of the inadvertent Laser Rod Prime homage. I'll apply weathering to the one I have now, and keep it as gun Prime, to distinguish him from the new one. I wish Premium Prime would have been the one released to begin with, but I understand why he wasn't. As dissapointing as it may be, it is understandable.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, no.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Makes me oh so glad I held out on Megs...since the original version is just UGLY. At least with Prime the regular edition looks nice so I don't feel as pissed about him being rereleased.

12. MaximusTrion

MaximusTrion Junior Member

Ebay:
    that's because they are new head sculpts

13. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    I hardly ever buy repaints but I'm sorely tempted to get that prime. Clearer pics may sway me entirely.

14. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. That will show those punks who's boss. Now to see if Target takes back repackaged Deluxes ;) 

15. Glass Gas

Glass Gas Cliffjumper's Side Arm

Swaping is a crime, I hope you get caught.

16. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

Guys, should I pick up a regular prime for 20, or get this one?

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    That is very true. I worked for a major national electronics retailer, and they prosecuted a guy for trying to return his 3 year old Sony camcorder in the box of a brand new camcorder. The manager distracted him long enough for the police to arrive, and he was arrested for attempting to commit FRAUD. Is $40 worth becoming a criminal, your name in the system, and future job opportunities denied because you wanted your "revenge?"

I'm sure most of you who posted about swapping were only joking, but in the off chance someone was serious, or a kid reads these and says "Yeah, that's a good idea..." Think about it. The short term gain is nothing compaired to the long term consequences.

Here's a better idea for those who are planning to buy the new Premium line, but have normal figures: donate the unwanted toys to a charity or a battered women & children clinic. A) it'll be tax deductible, B) You'll feel good knowing you did a good deed, and C) a child who probably had a dismal Christmas will get something far beyond anything he ever imagined he could have. Now THAT is worth $40.

18. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I may consider getting Prime. I already have the original leader Prime and just orderd the sword add on. What would sway me into buying this new Prime is...do we know if he will be chrome or Silver Painted and dose the sword retract into his arm?

19. Pengutron

Pengutron Dude

Man, I was hoping for these and was waiting on them, but then my mom got me Leader Class Megs for Christmas cause' she thought it'd be cool. *sigh* I'm getting these suckes since I still don't have a leader class Prime, but I feel like a douche double dipping on Megs. though his new paint job is super sweet.

20. Shankz

Shankz Well-Known Member

I am 100% convinced that is the same head on Megatron. It's an illusion due to the coloring and lighting.