Premium Megatron in package auction

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Says any modern society. Even places that are far ahead of the US in terms of social issues (i.e. legalizing drugs, personal rights, etc.) still count theft as a crime.

Yes, because swapping toys is on the same level as trying to feed the hungry. And as a matter of fact, stealing in that case is still on the lowest level of the ethics scale. Just because the outcome is good doesn't change the fact that someone took something that does not belong to them. This may effect the level of punishment (if there is any at all for such a case), but it is still stealing.

Theft in the US alone cost retailers over $8 billion, which is then passed on to the rest of the consumers. Hence, prices go up to make up for the loss. Don't you think that much money could be used in something more constructive?

Anyways, back on topic. I see that they decided not to use the remolded head?

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's sorta dissapointing. Megatron could've used a remolded head more than Prime.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Karma, is a bitch.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I don't see why. His head was pretty accurate to begin with. A remolded head would either be less-accurate, not different enough or sloppy.

5. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Dammit, that seals it. He has weathering and everything. Those details are amazing and well worth the upgrade. Crap, how in the world does Hasbro do this, get everyone to buy the exact same toy twice?!?!?!

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I never bought the original Leader Megatron(or the Voyager for that matter) because I thought the character(and toy) just looked hideous. And I still do.

That being said, I am thinking of buying this...even if it's to keep MISB. But that will be only after I've bought everything else I want.

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lookin good- although you know, its not as dramatic of an improvement as the other Megs as it doesn't seem like he's entirely metallic silver, and he was mostly grey anyways.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I want it...but I need to save for Animated, Universe and other non-TF related things.

Out of the premium series I'm probably only going to pick up Prime and bumblebee.

And as for the "Poor man robbing for his family thing"
    I'm sure there are other ways for a low-income family to get by without having to steal from others.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looks cool, but I'm happy with my personally repainted original. So no need to go out and buy another one.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The final head design in the movie may be a little different than the toy's. What people wanted most was a head that could move(I am aware the original's head could move but only by unhinging something and it looked weird that way).
    Well we don't have to buy it. Nonetheless I do understand everyone's dissapointment that this was not the Megatron that initially came out. With me I've grown accustomed to the fact that nearly every mold Hasbro makes is retooled, or repainted, at least once. Its kind of an unwritten rule. Maybe the colors in the movie were finalized a long time after the toy had already had its paint scheme set up. Not sure. I was expecting a running change to be honest. I'm not aware of the reasoning behind the first one not being accurate, but it might be an understandable reason. Nonetheless in the end, it is dissapointing that Megatron did not come in this color scheme to begin with, I won't lie.
    Which head are you speaking of, the one shown for the original design that was scrapped, and shown in the botcon tour photos? Or the one shown in the first magazine scans of Premium Megatron? The one in the latter may have been the same head the entire time as the first Leader Megatron, the pic was just too small to see for sure.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the hell am I going to do with the first one after I buy this one?

12. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

The head ... it looks like the old versions ... just repainted ... :( 

13. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Hmmm hard decision, I am still sad there's no new head. I didn't want it to move but a new mold that fits better the spaces in jet mode. I am still praying they may modify the cover of the head so the in jet mode hides better.

The new paint is cool, but it doens't seem so great as the Voyager Best Buy Megs. I will wait for out of the box pics.

14. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

Maybe retailers will learn that the more they raise prices the more people will steal? People don't steal Photoshop because they like stealing, they steal it because it's $600.

And I wasn't comparing those willing to steal a toy to feeding the hungry. You said stealing (period, not a specific kind) was bad and selfish. I pointed out one form of stealing which is neither.

Ebay it and take a loss. I'm sure a ton of people would be fine buying the bad paint job at a discounted price.

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    All sorts of stealing are bad, unethical and should be punished.

16. MRNISMO717

MRNISMO717 Member

Ebay:
    Stealing sux. Anywho, this premium does nothing for me. No new head means no purchase. As with the other premiums, I can buy paint and mimic these on the figs that I have for 1/4 the price, along with the help of reprolabels movie upgrades. Except the battle mask for Bumblebee......That is VERY hard to duplicate with a crappy head mold in the first place. Still cant get it right.

17. Shankz

Shankz Well-Known Member

From that up close side shot it looks like everything that was blue on original megs is silver now (i can see some other little differences too). Aside from that everything is still the same (gray plastic, pink wings). I'm comparing the original in my hand to the picture on screen and that's all I see. I'm not that impressed. I was kind of looking forward to this one too.

I'm think Best Buy Megs may turn out to be the best interpretation of this guy in the end. It's definitely may favorite out of the two megs I have.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

That is an absolute must-buy right there. I'll get 2 of this version (already working on getting 2 of anything I consider a definitive movie figure).

19. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    :drool: 

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    ANY stealing is wrong, and illegal. No reason to steal at all. Hungry? No reason to steal. There are soup kitchens and local handouts in every town and state in the USA. Hundreds of centers are more than willing to feed hungry homeless children.

People who steal Photoshop sell it on ebay, or try to return it at another store, for the $600. I've worked at major electronics stores and have on several occasions busted rotten little punks that try to rip off my store. Heck, I've even busted punks at stores I DON'T work at, just because I want to see justice served.

Your sense of entitlement once again alarms me and saddens me. I have made cut-and-pastes of several posts here, and forwarded them to Wal-Mart and Target, just so they can hopefully circulate the info among store managers to keep people here honest.

Stealing is 100% wrong, illegal, and those who do it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (sadly, our prison system is so screwed up now, that would only amount to 10 days in jail - but that's a topic for another forum)...

Now, to get back on topic, I love the new look of Megatron, and since I've yet to buy one, I'll probably pick one up LEGALLY with my hard EARNED money at a store.