Premium Collectibles, Good Bad experiences?

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by Nighthawkblack, Oct 28, 2016.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    More than likely. Japanese stuff I have an extremely narrow window to place orders, usually with payment upfront further limiting the amounts. Domestically, EntertainmentEarth is such a foot dragger that it's nearly impossible to reorder anything that actually sells by the time I get my initial order (_if_ I get it at all). If I ever manage to place an order with GTS it'll be interesting to see how they compare.

2. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Im seeing a trend, I dont think the issue is waiting with the prices being so good. The issue I'm seeing on facebook and from here is that they dont reply within a reasonable timeframe and some get their figures before others. Can you tell me please if you have any orders pending for figures that have been released for a while that you have not received yet? When you have a lot of money out with a company and they wont reply to any questions, its concerning.

They could resolve a great deal of their inquiries if they updated a static page on their site with release dates by toy! So people asking if they got something yet wouldn't need to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at my order history, I can see three items that are already shipping via other retailers, and I haven't received yet... one of those being VERY late (widely released in March this year). The two more recent releases have only been released in the last month, so I'm not stressed about it. The one that was released in March was a big SNAFU, and PC announced somewhere that their normal supplier had short-changed them, so they were having a hard time fulfilling the orders. They offered refunds to customers that wanted them, but I opted to wait because it would have cost me $50-100 more to source it somewhere else. No doubt a shit situation (order was placed mid-Dec last year) but it's been the exception rather than the rule.

4. icemanff23

icemanff23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the iron factory scorp from them which im still waiting for them to get in stock. the cheap price comes at a cost and thats the wait time for them to get stuff in.

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Never ordered for these guys before. Anyone from the US? How long does it take usually to get your order(s)?

6. Other

Other Well-Known Member

Good news, mine just shipped out from them an hour or two ago. hopefully it won't take much longer for yours

7. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    I got a resolution on an order I wanted cancelled, it did take about a week with a few emails to and fro. What I did find weird though is that their customer service is supposed to be between Monday and Friday which it was but I was getting replies to emails at like 1 am in the morning. It almost makes me think that they might outsource their customer service somewhere overseas with those weird response times.

8. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

That may explain why I've had to explain my situation 3x already and to no resolution. Oh well, I'll just be patient for another week.

9. Nighthawkblack

A lot of the comments that were saying response times of over a week, even three weeks have been removed from facebook. Just odd overall.

10. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    My take on this is: PC started very small, and has grown really quickly. I honestly think that some of the person(s) handling customer service may have other jobs/activities and do this after hours. Could be wrong - but just my guess.

11. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Whatever the reason, the experiences seem pretty consistent and I still think PC is on the up and up. I see them getting better but I really can't handle it if the customer services gets worse than this.

Bottom line, reputable seller.

12. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    +1 absolutely reputable/you'll get your item

*But* as previously stated: if you're the type of consumer/customer that gets pissed off because other people in the world have a particular toy before you do, then they're not the ideal retailer for you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    Received my Thrust from them yesterday and I am pretty happy with time frame that I got him compared to everywhere else.

14. Nighthawkblack

Good to know, Its just frustrating though when you have so much money out and can't get a single response. When I see negative things posted on their face book pages or even complaining but nothing terrible, they remove it. I don't think that helps anyone trying to see how their response times are for customer service. I've seen it happen a lot in the last month.

For me I can wait, especially for the pricing but I still wan't to understand the model. Its not other people around the world I am comparing my time frame to, its other Premium Collectible customers which I think is fair, wouldn't you? I just want to understand if they typically get all their stock around the same time or if its spaced over several months. If they take your order, does it mean they were guaranteed enough stock by the manufacturer to fill your order. That's what I am wondering.

Good to know, again based on the above, I'm just wondering if the first guy that ordered Thrust from them had theirs shipped around the same time as the last order they took for Thurst. That's all I want to know.

15. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    My understanding: generally PC gets multiple shipments spaced out over a few weeks (sometimes months). This was their model from the beginning, and early on it was first-in/best-dressed rules for who got the first shipment. A few things changed in the last 6 six months.

1) they started offering a premium/express shipping option at a premium price, which (according to them) bumps you to the front of the queue. After those orders are fulfilled I believe it's still a matter of what number you are in the queue. Keep in mind that for many of the hot pre-order items, they may get (quite literally) a HUNDRED orders in the first 5 minutes of it going live. So it may not matter that you ordered 2 minutes after it opened... you may still be number 58 (or whatever) in the queue.

2) they announced a new policy in April that they were going to take a smaller number of orders for the TTMall exclusive items, with an indication that smaller numbers = single source = singel shipment. Not sure this has actually been true, but that's what was implied. That did not change/affect general release items.

3) I've been told/reassured that they only take orders for items they guarantee to provide. I have *one* extreme example where a refund was offered, but they also promise to fulfill the order.

16. Nighthawkblack

Hi, has anyone tried contacting them recently? I asked today about items that seem to have been released a while ago using their contact form on their site and got this auto response today.

"
    Thanks for your query,

we are currently closed fo New years Break until the 6th of January.

We will respond to your query shortly after we re-open.

Customer Service"

17. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they've only been back for about a week. Given all the talk about response rates and the fact that many first time purchases don't understand PC aren't the fastest retailer around, they probably have a massive backlog of queries to wade through. Hopefully they'll get through that backlog. Personally I'd rather they focus on packing and shipping products they have on hand, rather than answering every impatient "When's my toy gonna ship? TFSource mailed theirs out a week ago?" Not suggesting that's what you're doing, but judging from the Facebook comments that seems to be a huge percentage of the queries they get.

18. Nighthawkblack

That's definitely not what I'm doing. ;)  I was specifically asking about KFC dump yard and fanstoys stomp X which I placed a pre-order for back in July. At the end of September they issued the statement with their official shipping process that if you order in-stock items with pre-order items they hold everything until everything is in stock but if you ordered all preorders, they ship as they get them. Stomp x said dec on their site but everyone says its been out. Dumpyard must have been received since people say they have gotten sanford or whatever his name is.

Just trying to understand if they are being held until other items come in or something else. I ordered them well before the official shipping policy but they said they have been observing that unofficially for themost part prior to the september policy notification.

Many people said to ask again, so I did but I wasnt expecting that response being that its the 14 of Jan, was just curious if others got the holiday break message. If shipping counts for VIP, Im there, if it doesnt, I will be there this month. Hoping I get the email invite, they clearly have the best pricing anywhere and if you live outside of the country, its even cheaper.

19. Nighthawkblack

I guess my wait isn't as long as some others I've read on Facebook but if they can't answer questions AND don't have the stock OR the ability to ship it, at what point is it nagging vs a legitimate concern. It appears many figures that have been out for a long time have not been sent to people but they also cannot get updates?

Willie Nêlson Jr. ironman helmet says pre order from last year.. is in stock or ??
    Like · Reply · January 12 at 9:33am

Alvin Tan How about ThreeA Optimus Prime? The item was preordered back in 2015.
    Like · Reply · January 12 at 9:40am

Sean Nates .....
    Like · Reply · January 12 at 2:58pm

Regan Curtis VIP updates would be appreciated too. [​IMG];) 
    Like · Reply · January 12 at 2:58pm

I've mentioned before that a lot of queries could be satisfied with a calendar on their site that they update. People could check it and see if their items were received by PC or not. I just sent them that suggestion again and will see if they reply.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  20. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I think they have accepted that they will continue to have the worst customer service / experience but offer the best price. This is just my opinion and I have come to terms with it.