Premium Collectibles, Good Bad experiences?

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by Nighthawkblack, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Hi, I am wondering if people could share their opinion on this relatively new etailer. I have some 3rd party pre orders out there but nothing has shipped and I'm not sure if I should keep buying as I have little experience with them to form an opinion. They seem to have good pricing but I'm not sure if I should continue to buy from them. So I'm looking for some feedback from 3p purchases with them. Please keep it about this etailer. I've used others and still do, so just wondering about experiences with this one in particular. I did a search and didn't see any threads on them.

Edit: A lot of things have happened since I started this thread. I suggest you read later pages as the general consensus and feedback on this merchant has changed significantly for many.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

They're good imo. Usually 2 to 3 weeks behind Other etailers , but if you're not in a hurry they've the best price in Australia.

Have so far bought CW devy, TFM disorder and xtransbot Ollie from them, and another 8 preorders to be fulfilled lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've bought numerous items from them and only had great experiences. They're great at listening to feedback and doing all they can for their customers. Sometimes it can take a day or two for a response (not my personal experience but know people who have had this), but they seem thorough in their responses

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    They're definitely cheap, however their response to emails needs to improve a lot and you'll be waiting a lot longer for some items, stil haven't received lg fortress...

5. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    They are virtually the cheapest and only option for buying many of these things in Australia as we don't have a lot of local choices. They have got good prices but there response to emails is not always the quickest or greatest. They did change their shipping process for orders recently so I not sure if this has affected your items.

Premium Collectables

From Today 26/9/2016

We are advising customers officially on our shipping process for certain orders.

We ask customers to observe the following when ordering to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.

When placing an order the following rules apply in relation to shipping.

1. If you place an order that is made up of instock and pre-order products

the order will NOT ship until all items are in hand.

2. If you place an order that is made up multiple pre order products we will ship each item when it arrives unless the other product is due the same month.

This has been largely observed by all in a unofficial capacity, but with the increased items that are becoming in stock we need to put something in place that is now our policy.

3. In stock items will be attempted to be shipped within 3 business days*

* if shipping to a physical street address.

We thank everyone who understands with our low pricing and low shipping charges, we need to remain viable and operate in a fashion that allows long term growth .

6. Oz Man

Oz Man Member

I agree, I've emailed them a few times (over the year) with no reply?? One pre-order they got in stock and weeks later after not getting a 'item shipped' notice I emailed them with a reminder of my order, they shipped it out the following day, so if you are waiting on an in stock item send them a reminder email ;-)
    Great prices and love the energon reward points

7. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Are you familiar with OTCA? It's the aussie TF forums, and the thread there tells you everything (good and bad) you could possible want to know.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff there, but not got anything yet as it's all pre-orders, so no real comments.

Main things people complain about:
    1. Things often sell out on the day they are listed, and are in small quantities, so you often miss out (yay for the business, and apparently they can only get finite amounts)
    2. Usually no restock of anything....frustrating (always limited stock, I don't know if that is a distributor thing? Sellers on ebay get restock often, so I have no idea, it would nice to know.
    3. Lack of communication from the site / emails / the usual thing. I have no idea why, nothing on the site explains it.
    4. If you are an MISB collector, not recommended, some people don't shop there for that reason, expect boxes with dents.
    5. If something is damaged in transit, you pay for return postage (if this is wrong, somebody correct me and I will amend it, but that is what other people told me who shopped there).
    6.No updates to old listings on the site. I went to the site for over a month and every TF item was listed as "preorder" with no further info, turns out they had already all sold out. Not obvious to a first time browser. If something does not have the little box that lets you but, then it's a safe bet it's sold out long ago. Would be nice if old listings were updated or removed, as like the majority of TF items (only stuff I care about) are sold out predorders, and you have to click through everything, every single time to see if they have something in stock. all that info could easily be on ONE PAGE, instead of wasting a half hour fucking about clicking through every listing to see if they have anything in stock at all.
    If you want to find something, you will need to check back every week, and HOPE you happen to click on to the page on the day it is listed, or it will most liklely be gone. They have a face book page, apparently that is the only way to find new stuff, other than just randomly clicking onto the site every week (that's what I do).

Good things:
    1.Cheapest prices in Australia for like 90% of the items. Some stuff like save waves/bundles of titans for example actually sell for less than retail, however they often don't arrive until AFTER you can already pick them up at local retail, which can be annoying.
    2.Some of the pricey 3P stuff is quite a bit cheaper. Sometimes by like say $10, other times by a significant amount, like $50 or so on items in the $150-300 (AUD) range.
    3.Rewards points. Basically if you spend like say $1000, you get bonus credit towards a discount of say around $60 or whatever. Nothing special, but no other retailer of TF's (that I am aware of) in Australia offers any sort of discounts, except you know mass chain store end of financial year sales and that sort of thing.

So yeah, when my stuff arrives, I'll post some feedback here, but it won't be for months.
    Also, if you order something, you can order one item and it will ship (when it arrives from wherever), but if you order say at item released in December now, and another item (both preorders) in teh same transaction - that ships in say ETA March 2017, BOTH items will not ship until March 2017 (as an example) some people didn't know, and I can imagine that would be pretty annoying.

Hopefully my Carnifex / Overlord will arrive some time this year!

8. Gen jay

Just some of my own experiences:

All my items arrived in mint condition. They use StarTrack courier and takes about 2 days once posted. I'd say they're very well packed.

Preorders usually sellout pretty fast, and no restocks. My guess is PC probably negotiated a set amount with the supplier at a fixed price, thus the cheaper cost compared to other etailers eg. They had TW devy G2 at A$540 whole set shipped. That's about A$90 per figure. Can't get any cheaper elsewhere.

their main website will list all new items / preorders and it's easier to find updates there.

Communications could be better, I'll normally get a short response in 2 days (enquires about GT devy MT despotron TFM motormaster Ollie spare parts etc) I guess you have to trust what they're doing.

If you have two preorder items in an invoice, they'll send out whichever figure is released first. No waiting for the other.

Overall some areas could improve (like navigating thru their website) Still pretty happy with them so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had great experiences with them. But point of order, they're not cheap. The AUD is low. There is a huge difference. The Yen was low last year and I was ordering from Japan every month, sometimes twice a month. Now I can't afford to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agree with most they're awesome and they're also not that new. I've ordered heaps from them and have at least 15 items Pre-ordered.
    They actually are phenomenally cheap compared to most retailers. For the majority of their items the price is equivalent to the JPY 30% discount price. And with or without Aussie dollar rates they ARE cheap. Best prices I've found anywhere on the web, compared to US, HK, Japan even China sellers like Uncle Billy. They are actually a pretty massive online retailer for a lot of other stuff like funko pops and figuarts figures so are able to command pretty impressive discounts from wholesalers. Free Aus shipping for orders over $100. They do tend to be a week or two behind other retailers in shipping. They only order a specific quantity of any item from wholesaler so as soon as they sell that number, they're out and will not restock.
    Their rewards program is amazing. $65 off for every $1000 spent. Can't think of too many retailers as generous. They require up front payment (for me that's great to manage my spending but for many is a deal breaker) and also offer zippay - an online line of credit, payment plan that works amazingly. They are without a doubt my number one retailer and more than 80% of my collection has come from them

• Like Like x 2
  11. BlitzKing

BlitzKing Gold Member

Ebay:
    The Zippay function is amazing. It can be a nightmare of a place to order things like TT Mall exclusives as they usually have a set date and time the PO opens and you usually only have about 5 mins to get your order in before the item is PO'd out. Missing out on those Pre-orders is hell because you know you will have to pay nearly an extra AUD $100 in some cases to get it elsewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  12. batfan007

News Credits:

Forgot to mention, I live in OZ, otherwise I would not be buying as international shipping would blow out any costs saved.
    Shipping (in OZ) is free for items $100+.

So I just make sure my order adds up to at least that to qualify for it.

13. batfan007

News Credits:
    "If you have two preorder items in an invoice, they'll send out whichever figure is released first. No waiting for the other."

Really? I don't know as it's my first orders. but someone was saying that like less than two weeks ago over at OTCA, that's why I mentioned. So is that person full of shit, or perhaps a miscommunication?
    Is this a policy that changed perhaps?

14. Gen jay

Yup. Keyword though is both my orders are preorders. (Ollie + TFM revolt) Ollie arrived two weeks ago, and now my order has been updated to 'partial' fulfilled.

** from PC website:

"From Today 26/9/2016

We are advising customers officially on our shipping process for certain orders.

We ask customers to observe the following when ordering to avoid any confusion or misunderstanding.

When placing an order the following rules apply in relation to shipping.

1. If you place an order that is made up of instock and pre-order products

the order will NOT ship until all items are in hand.

2. If you place an order that is made up multiple pre order products we will ship each item when it arrives unless the other product is due the same month.

This has been largely observed by all in a unofficial capacity, but with the increased items that are becoming in stock we need to put something in place that is now our policy.

3. In stock items will be attempted to be shipped within 3 business days*

* if shipping to a physical street address."

Probably the member from OTCA has an in-stock and preorder figure in his order? (see point #1)

15. Nighthawkblack

Good to know, I know when JPY was cheaper, I did the same. Still some vendors sell for less than MSRP on JDM stuff so it still is cheaper.

I didn't realize they are still cheaper even if the currency exchange is a non factor.

Thanks that was very helpful. I was nervous with several preorders for a long time and not a single shipment to say whether they do a good job or not. Some of the figures should be out in a few weeks so I should have some feedback for others.

I've had questions for them and they answered the ones about my specific orders within a few days and some others but not all of them. I don't mind waiting but I did feel there is some communication issue. Not sure why there was, but I am more concerned about their execution over anything else. I noticed they don't have any XTB stuff. I thought that was odd. Does anyone know why that might be?

Thanks everyone.

16. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Theyre slow and their communication isnt the best, but you WILL get your toys, and the prices are outlandishly cheap

17. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People who buy bots fall into many categories, but I think the two biggest are:

1) People who want to pay the BEST price above all other factors. These people don't mind if they get their product a few weeks after it's released. The money they saved on the outright purchase offsets any delays for them.

2) People that want it NOW, like RIGHT NOW - the day/hour it's released, above all other factors. If you don't have it the week it's released internationally you will start sending emails asking for updates, and the following week will start posting messages on social media.

If you're a 1) - shop at Premium Collectibles.

If you're a 2) - shop somewhere else

Disclaimer: I've spent a lot of money with PC, but I'm most definitely a 1) and not a 2). For me price isn't the ONLY factor, but it is the biggest. They have a generous loyalty program that provides additional savings on top of their already best-prices.

• Like Like x 2
  18. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    I can't speak on behalf of PC, but my guess based on historical communication with them is: they carried some of the earlier XTB stuff (e.g. Ollie v1) and found that the QC headaches and unhappy customers were more hassle then it was worth. So they simply stopped selling XTB. They made an exception for Ollie I think because XTB was asking all vendors to help out Ollie V1 customers with a special discount on Ollie V2.

Now that XTB has a few more figures completed with much improved QC, I don't think it would hurt to ask PC to explore the possibilities again.

19. Nighthawkblack

Anyone purchase fanstoys stomp X, or xtb's dumpyard or kfc's simba from them? These figures were released for the best of my knowledge but none of them have shipped from them to me. So I am wondering if anyone got those figures from them yet?

20. OptimusNerd

News Credits:
    I received my dumpyard quite a while ago. They will usually receive stock of a figure in multiple shipments spaced out over time.

I did not order Stomp X. Can't comment.

I did order Simba, but have not yet received. I don't think they've shipped any Simba's yet. Most of their stuff comes in via sea freight (with the exception of some air freight for a few MPs and highly anticipated figures) so I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you in Aus or overseas?