Preferred Insecticon team?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dmarsee, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Which Masterpiece-scaled Insecticon team do you prefer?

1. BadCube: Bug Corps

17.4%
  2. Fans Toys: Mercenary, Forager, Grenadier

66.0%
  3. MMC/Ocular Max: Malum Militia

3.5%
  4. FansProject: Causality

12.5%
  5. Something else I don't know?

3.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

I'm gonna wait for the MMC set, and hope for another Sphinx instead of another Backdraft.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I bought the BadCube set and then FT Grenadier. After a couple of weeks with Grenadier I sold him and never bothered getting the other two FT figures. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like how the BadCube bugs look and they are just fun to fiddle with and transform - Grenadier made my fingers hurt every time I tried to fiddle around with him. Also, the BadCube face sculpts are far superior in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I like FansToys, but I also like FansProjects, and pissed they never did a Venom figure :cry 

4. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Received all 3 FT, transformed all of them back and forth a few times, got the say that again I really don't like their transformation sequences.

I don't own BC Insecticons, but base on my experience with their Warpath and Sun Streaker, I believe they are more fun to transform.

5. GRAW

News Credits:
    I was planning to use translucent chest plate, but after I switch between a few times, I found the solid chest plate looks much better in person.

IMG_1949.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_1951.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I like the look of the FT versions except for the kibble part. That said, I went with the BC "collector's" set that has added die-cast and translucent G1 toy look chest pieces and chrome largely due to the lower cost for the team in total. Plus they were all out at the same time and there wasn't a wait like with FT's. They have a nice look to them and are good quality. No regrets here. Excuse the poor pic but here they are.

20151225_183405.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I went with Fans Toys because I liked the aesthetic more. But you probably couldn't go wrong with Badcube's either. They were a close second when I was deciding. FT versions just look more masterpiece to me. The limbs on the BC versions looked off to me. But the BC bots do a better job of hiding the insect arms. And BC Bombshell has that vest color change gimmick.

For those who have FT Forager, I was hoping someone could help me out. I just got mine on Friday, and his helmet doesn't come all the way down with his bot face in place (see pics). Just wondering if this is as far down as it goes or if there's an issue with mine before I reach out to my retailer. Any help is appreciated.
    Forager1.jpg Forager2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. dalianjj

dalianjj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you need open the head from the top gap instead of from front.

9. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I don't understand your comment. There's only one way to open the head as far as I can tell, and it's the way in the instructions. The entire helmet hinges back to allow the face swap. It comes down fine when the insect face is in there, but there's a gap when using the bot face.

10. GRAW

News Credits:
    You may want to push the bug mode mask more to the inside, then it can close completely, but it will be will difficult to flip it out again, I have to unplug one of the antennae and use a toothpick to lift it from the closed position.

11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I tried that too (and did the same thing with the antennae thing), but to no avail. So does yours sit flush on the face (no gap) when transformed? Just trying to figure out if this is a problem with mine, or an issue with the mold in general.

12. dalianjj

News Credits:
    did you see the gap on the top of head, that can be opened, the instruction made a mistake of missing this step.

13. dalianjj

News Credits:
    upload_2016-10-10_10-6-23.png the gap is here.

14. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Oh, wow. Yeah, I never would have realized that could be opened if you didn't point it out. With that open, I was able to push the bug face back further and now everything is flush. And I won't have to remove the antennae anymore to get it back out. Thanks you for the help dalianjj. Much appreciated.

15. GRAW

News Credits:
    It does stay flush:

IMG_1952.JPG IMG_1953.JPG

16. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Thanks Graw. Dalianjj's solution got me where I needed to be, and eliminates having to remove the antennae.

To expand on this a little, I really like the FT versions. They look more like what I expect masterpiece insecticons to look like, and have some real heft to them. I don't think the BC versions look bad, just not what I was looking for. While the BC bots do a better job of hiding the insect legs, part of the reason for that in my opinion is that the insect legs are kind of stubby. The FT insect modes just look better in my opinion. The legs might be a little less G1 than BC's, but I actually like them better.