Preferred Insecticon team?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dmarsee, Sep 13, 2016.

?

Which Masterpiece-scaled Insecticon team do you prefer?

1. BadCube: Bug Corps

16.8%
  2. Fans Toys: Mercenary, Forager, Grenadier

66.4%
  3. MMC/Ocular Max: Malum Militia

3.5%
  4. FansProject: Causality

12.6%
  5. Something else I don't know?

3.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Fansproject holiday exclusive wathever the deluxe insecticons.
    And i need them to do a Venom in the same style to complete the team.

2. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

Interesting! I also consider myself a fairly toon centric collector, but I find that the spirit of the characters is still adequately captured by FT's versions.

I just need Grenadier and I'll be done! I've handled the other two with kid gloves and the benefit of knowing what others have experienced while transforming them, but all things considered, I have to say they look incredible on the shelf.

I keep mine in robot mode (after performing a one-off transformation QC check), and then simply pose and re-pose from time to time.

3. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I have the Badcube premium bugs, and whilst they have their faults, I don't feel the need to replace them anytime soon.

Yes! I'd definitely be interested in 3P 'MP' Deluxe Insecticons!

4. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    IMG_5054.JPG
    I like 'em both! Couldn't decide, so I went with both and added some costumized oversized G1 KOs for the swarm...

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love MP styled versions of the Deluxe Insecticons. I would also love to see a 3rd party company make MP versions of Runabout and Runamuck.

6. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    I've started a MP Deluxe Insecticon thread already months ago, interest was so, so...personally I would really
    like to see them, but I doubt someone will do them in the near future.

7. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

I have the FT bugs and they look amazing, but I don't trust them to hold up over time. Too many screws used as joints for my liking. I'll most likely replace them with MMC's if/when they come out.

8. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm of the same mind. The FT Bugs display great, but I question their longevity especially if you like to transform them. In fact I'm in the process of getting a set of the BC bugs as back ups. I can always display them as drones as well.

9. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

I went back and forth on these for a while, and it was between FT and the premium BC set.

I bought FT Grenadier, and didn't look back! Grenadier was EXACTLY what I expect from a figure labeled a Masterpiece.
    Good heft, a clever but still fun transform, and a look that evokes both the on-screen appearance and detail of the original figurel.

People have made a lot of noise about Forager's transform and the delicate-ness of one small part on the arms/wings.
    If you transform it carefully, especially the first time, it should not be a problem.
    The reason this part exists at all is a bit of minor cosmetic appearance.
    Should that piece have been die-cast? Possibly. But if it should break, the overall figure is not really impacted.
    In fact, Forager has become my favorite of the three.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jhs8swd

jhs8swd Well-Known Member

I've got all of them so far - and I'll be getting the Malum Miliitia when they arrive too.

For me I have to say that Fans Toys are my favourite so far - but the Badcube ones are still pretty good. The FP Causality ones are quite different and not of an MP aesthetic - still kind of cool but going to be sitting in last place.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Looks like Fans Toys is the winner.
    I wasn't expecting the vote to be so lop-sided! :eek: 
    Thanks everyone.

12. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Moderator

There really are only two choices on that list though for MP Insecticons. The FP are CHUG and the MMC ones are vaporware, leaving on BC and FT. Even still, it seems the overwhelming majority is for FT.

• Like Like x 1
  13. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm pretty sure the FP Casualty Ninsecticons aren't MP, but they got my vote and they are the best insecticons ever made

14. Big Bronze Rim

Do you have the FT Insecticions?

15. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FansToys.

Only real issue is Forager (Kickback) may seem a bit fragile but the key is not to force anything... EVER. He is perfectly durable if you use a light hand. Also, I strongly recommend disassembling the torso for a few mods. You can make the shoulders slide much easier with a jewelers file and a drop of silicone shock oil. Remove a very slight amount of material and test fit. The wings can be easily made to move by removing a little of the chrome on the inside of the ring, again with a jewelers file. Do a few strokes and then test fit. It is literally like 1/10th of a millimeter. If you don't like the kibble of the articulated bug legs, swap them out with the toy style legs.

Want SO much. 3rd party used to be for filling the gaps in collections. now they are doing all the same characters as Takara and Hasbro.

Have these and they are a good "homage" but that is it. They are not all that representative of the original deluxe insexticons not to mention Venom is missing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  16. OptimusNerd

OptimusNerd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've basically decided I can't have too many bugs so I've been buying mixtures of them all at good prices when I find them.

I'm looking forward to the legends kickback release from Hasbro to provide some cheap clone fodder.

17. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    nope don't buy MP figures, don't even like MP figures, hence my vote for the only non MP figures on there despite the poll title, for me there will be no better insecticons than the ninja insecticons that Fansprojects created, great twist to the insecticons

18. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all three FT Insecticons that I love but I'm still really interested in MMC's. I'll probably buy MMC if they ever come out just to build an army of them. BC does nothing for me.

19. Big Bronze Rim

Cool, just curious as to the thought behind your choice. While the FP bugs don't have a place in my collection, they do look cool.

20. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Decided to go with FT set, just received Mercenary, damn, one of the bot leg is impossible to transform, it locked half way through, I end up removing the pin, sanding the peg down, it can finally flip to to the other side for bug mode but now a little bit loose in bot mode...

While it looks good in both mode, but I think the transformation design is lazy, I wish it could hide the bot arms better.

• Like Like x 1