Predictions on next G1 combiner reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

Was wondering what all of you would predict as being Hasbro's or Takara's next G1 combiner reissue (if any at all).
    They already released the Combaticons, Seacons are being shipped as of now, and Predaking is being released at the end of the year. Who will be next?
    I'm pulling for the Terrorcons but would be happy to see any of them re-released.

2. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Ebay:
    I would be very happy to see another reissue, but I don't have very high hopes.

Bruticus and Predaking had both already been reissued in the recent past.

From what I've read, Hasbro went through a lot of trouble to get the Piranacon mold ready for production, only to have all the retailers they approached balk at the possibility of carrying it.

Hasbro just can't figure out how to market them well, and if Hasbro's not backing it, Takara seems hesitant to put the money into redeveloping the molds.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The Protectobots or Technobots.

4. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro=Bruticus
    Takara=Superion

Just a guess. Would love for Computron/Abominus.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I so would love to see a Reissue Menasor.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the most likely is a BBTS-exclusive Hasbro Bruticus reissue, if the Seacon reissue does well enough.

My complete 'wishful thinking' choice would be Monstructor, reissued with non-GPS prone plastic and rot-proof Pretender shells, so people can get a version that won't break or degrade over time.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the remaining molds need to be fixed/recreated in any way, than my hope would be on this being done for the Constructicons since they're the most well-known and might have some crossover appeal to casual fans who want a crack at a spiffy new version of the original Devastator. How realistic that or anything else is, considering the three combiner molds we knew had been (semi-) recently used have all been reissued now within the past year with Predaking scheduled for year's end...I don't know.

Hell, though not a new mold, I'd bite on a brand new Battle Gaea reissue if it were released somehow instead of trying to hunt down the original someday. Though I already have it, others may be interested in a God Neptune reissue as well.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My prediction: Constructicons.
    My wishlist: Terrorcons or Technobots.

9. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

No way can I see devastator, since they are still retailing movie devastator toys. Hasbro seems to like to use the same combiner molds over and over, so since the Seacons and Predaking are on the horizon already, my guess is that we'll get Bruticus for the 15th time, followed in a few years by the Seacons again, and eventually another Predaking.

10. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I'm hoping for a computron reissue.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NO MORE!!!!:2c:  Give me a Classics Style Combiner please!!! Yes, the G1 toys are fun but give us new toys already

12. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The breast force!

.... what? A guy can dream cant he :D 

13. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

what's movie dev have to do with a possible reissue g1 dev? movie dev is the biggest piece of crap ever and should never be compared to the real devastator which is the g1 version. bayformer dev is just a flat out insult to all combiners in general.

a reissue g1 dev would sell great imo, a lot better than the seacons will probably do and maybe even predaking.

14. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I would really love it if the Stunticons were reissued. I don't see it happening though.
    I figure Takara will release the Seacon molds, and Hasbro will probably release Predaking or Bruticus, if anything.

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Unless Takara or Hasbro decide to shell out the cash to refurbish what molds they need for Menasor, Computron or Abonimus, I'm not expecting much from the combiner reissue front for one reason:

The sheer abundance of Devastator, Superion and Defensor KO sets available every year at every Big Lots and half a dozen other retailers. The set have been so ubiquitous over the past 10 years, I think the big concern from Hasbro's part is that they don't want their prized brand associated with cheap knock offs.
    Collectors will know the difference, but if they were sold at any retailer, you have little Timmy's mom seeing "Transformers" branded toys that look exactly like knock off toys.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not even worrying about it anymore. I'll just buy the HQ KO's and be done with it. I just wish we'd get a Monstructor/Dinoking release somewhere, but that's a pipe dream...

17. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think with the advent of various high-quality KO combiners (Superion, Defensor, Devastator, Menasor) recently, that probably snuffed out the hopes of us seeing HasTak doing a reissue of those G1 combiners in the forseeable future. Which leaves us with Abominus & Computron (if we're talking American G1).

Honestly, out of those who already plunked down $80-$100 for those KO combiners, how many are willing to shell out more $ just to get the legit ones? [edit: just saw Thundershot's post above. Proves my point]

Just my opinion.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sure wouldn't. If the recent Bruticus is any indication, the legit reissues aren't much if any better than the quality of the reproductions.

19. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    An autobot combiner would be nice.

Computron would be perfect. Protectobots would be nice. I don't suppose any of those HQ KO's are of Computron, are they? :D 

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes please! What else I don't get is why they didn't do a reissue of Metrotitan, which is another thread in itself. Honestly I kind hope they start reissuing the Micromasters outside of the combining ones, like the battle station ones so I can make me a giant ass version of autobot city :ev:  Use Metroplex, Fort Max, and all the micromaster battle stations, and that would RRROOOOOOOCK... On topic though, I would totaly love to see Battle Gia, and the protectobots and their recolors (I forget their combined name) I think it would work well :D