Predicting the future of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Jan 10, 2019.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

"Whatever movies do come, it seems quite likely that the future of Transformers movies involves a more overt reboot of the series in some form. Bumblebee was a stepping stone for this, and given the positive response comes across in spite of what came before, that direction is clearly the route to success; any financial complications come from the Bay backlash rather than anything representative of the movie itself.

The type of reboot is up for question. It would be very easy to continue slowly diverging from the past, telling stories that aren't explicitly in or out of continuity with what came before. However, if Bay-phobia was a factor for Bumblebee, it may be more recommendable to cut losses and have a complete restart. That would mean Bumblebee has no narrative role in the future, although its standalone nature means that doesn't leave too much hanging."

Most optimistic words I've read in years. This is my best case scenario. Complete and desicive restart with solid plan and vision. No half measures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fox13

Fox13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's your bog standard Screen Rant article with very little substance. Nothing to really draw from here, just a half-hearted summary of internet rumblings.

Imagine writing an article specifically about the future of Transformers Films and stating there are no known films in development (when it's common knowledge that there are at least three) and then immediately contradicting yourself in the next paragraph by stating there is a Transformers film in development.

(Still not as bad as them completely misinterpreting a one-liner gag from Doctor Who and writing an honest-to-God full blown article on how it retcons the character's entire backstory. I am so tired of Screen Rant this past year).

4. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I don't think the future of Transformers is exactly what most of the fans want to be, truth be told. I think there are lessons from both The Last Knight and Bumblebee rather than strictly following either formula, but they are things this fandom doesn't want to hear...

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it’s premature calling the movie “troubled” just because it didn’t make in the billions and with China only on its second week and Japan still to come. They predicted China to be lower and were wrong. So I would take any Japanese predictions with a grain of salt after that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm reasonably confident Bumblebee will get a sequel, and sooner rather than later. Hasbro needs to sell toys and continue to grow the IP, Paramount has a franchise that on the whole doesn't lose money. And just as importantly, everyone who made the first one is up for it, and it received both critical and popular acclaim. All of these things, to me, spell Bumblebee 2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The only for sure thing is there will be more Transformers movies. With Bumblebee falling into that weird middle ground of successful but not run away successful it's really hard to know for sure exactly how much might stay the same and how much of a temptation there would be for the new studio leadership to redo things to make Transformers in more of their imagine than in the image of the old leadership.

Personally I've got my fingers crossed for a big reboot. I enjoyed Bumblebee but I don't think I can take another film series of radio speak Bumblebee. It also seems like the time line would have be sort of weird to sandwich something between the end of Bumblebee and the 2007 movie without it contradicting things to make it all work without something more substantial than the soft reboot stuff that wasn't working.

But hey at least I'm more hopeful about what might be next instead wanting to skip it before it's even made.

• Like Like x 1