Predicons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by RADimus prime, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know but I feel that by just bridging Ratchet over after he decided to stay on Earth was kind of counter-productive.

And I think them having to take a gamble on Knockout and him proving himself would have made the "actions of a Prime" thing applicable to him.

I think Optimus simply saying "Tell Ratchet I said goodbye" would have been more meaningful than Ratchet's one line. I still liked the movie, but it bugs me.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weak ending to a weak series.

3. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

so the next series should have hotrod becoming a prime to fill the void of a missing Prime, the movie was awesome. ..and I WANT THAT MEGATRON/UNICRON figure..like NOW!!!

4. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

That is literally all i could think of when it was onscreen. Get on it Hasbro!

5. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

I take it back after a couple years of saying it... Bee - shut the hell up. He got old fast. They really beat us over the head with all his new found leadership abilities.

I was desperately hoping to see a pissed off Optimus wielding the star saber against Unicron.

Magnus - What, did Ironside get paid per word or something? They silenced him very early on. They might as well have just showed him going on vacation or a spiritual retreat or something. He didn't even take that much of a beating, not compared to when him and Jackie fought Predaking in Evolution.

Prime joining the allspark at the end felt empty. Nobody was left in charge. Shockwave just disappeared. Where the hell did Megs fly off to? And it would have been nice to at least have a line thrown in about the kids and Fowler. Maybe when Ratchet shows up he could have said they sent their regards or something. Not even a name drop.

Great animation though. Some really beautiful work. I just think the story wasn't all that grand, especially for us saying goodbye to this iteration for good it seems.

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The best thing about this, NO HUMANS! They were not missed at all. I thought it was pretty cool. I still think that the over all writing and planning for the series was just terrible. They took too long for things to develop and to introduce new characters and all the characters that were killed off served no point since I don't miss them. There were a lot of cool stuff that happens but just too late in the series. Seems like the writers had no direction at all and just ran out of time to get to the point.

Still, I did enjoy the series, just wanted more. I loved Darksteel and Skylynx and Knock Out is just awesome. Also, LOVED Bumblebee actually SPEAKING. I hope they are done with that.

7. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

I agree. No humans was indeed the best part.

8. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Looking back on it a bit more I really really enjoyed the Megatron and Unicron back and forth in the movie and I actually felt they did a good job with Megatron's change of mind in end once he was freed from Unicron, actually showed some growth in the character that we hadn't seen in Megatron before except out of his sacrifice at the end of Armada.

Also I liked their jab at a plot hole with the smelting pit when Arcee was like, "Cybertron has been abandoned for thousands of years yet that's still burning?" Also glory to Smokescreen for being finally actually flat out mentioning that he almost was a prime. And his jokes about Megacron or Unitron as to what to call Megatron while he was possessed.

9. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I forgot about the humans lol

What a good ending...sucks series is over forever. Whatever happened to arachnid and her insecticons

10. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    After the Credits: Predacons Rising (review and contest)

After the Credits: Transformers Prime series finale (OFFICIAL EPIC MOVIE VOICE REVIEW) - YouTube

Epic Movie Voice reviews of Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters series finale - Predacons Rising (HUB premiere) and some other favorite TV shows.

The jON3.0 "PREDACONS RISING" CONTEST! Comment on EVERY video review between Tuesday September 24th and Tuesday October 8th. On October 8th, leave a comment on the Predacons Rising blu ray/DVD review video about your favorite video review between 9/24-10/8. 2 winners will be chosen at random to win either the Beast Hunter Optimus Prime or Beastfire Predaking. Only 1 comment per video enters your name once but you can double, triple and even QUADRUPLE your chances of winning by sharing on Facebook (Jon Bailey Crumpton), Twitter (@PRIME_reviews_), Google+ (jON3.0) and replying HERE! It's possible to put your name into the drawing UP TO 11 TIMES PER VIDEO (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and 7 TF sites across the web) = 165 TIMES TOTAL! Good luck!

11. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw the final episode of Beast Machines... I mean Predacons Rising. It was alright I guess. Arachnid could have played a part in the final battle, don't know why they had to go and leave her out. Spent most of the time trying to figure out where I heard BB's voice before without relying on imdb.

What happened to Shockwave? He turned into a slow ass tank and didn't run away. Looked like he was getting torn apart. Then he shows up later, with less purple (I think) and that was it.

12. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Okay, good. I thought I might have mosses something when all of a sudden Shocky showed back up unharmed after being swarmed by terrorcon Predacons. I actually felt bad for him when they swarmed him.

13. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I watched it with my son and since those Predacons were zombies, we figured they ate Shockwave. But then he shows up again later. What did happened to him afterwards? Did he ally himself with the Predacons?

14. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I just kind of took it as Unicron being so dead set on his goal that the zombies simply disabled Shockwave for a short time to get him out of the way. They were under Unicron's command and he didn't want to waste time in accomplishing his goal.

So anyway...
    I think this was one of the best things to come from the show. Well paced, and we saw good character development out of Bumblebee, the Skylynx and Darksteel duo were quite humorous, and this effectively made the Prime version of Unicron at the very least the most creative version of him thus far. Not the outright best version, but the most creative. He seemed like a godly entity more than ever. And that ending...It echoed Beast Machines in a way. The restoration of life to Cybertron and Optimus' sacrifice in order to see that through. His final words to the Autobots. That ending speech was probably one of the best lines written out for Optimus in the show. If he's going to be a speech machine, than they can at least give him good speeches--which they did at the end of Predacons Rising.

My only problem with the movie? The Predacons Rising title. Yes, we saw that Shockwave was attempting to create more Preds, but it seems like it was referring to the Terrorcon Preds...Predacons Rising from the dead. I would have loved it if that fourth Predacon we saw Shockwave cloning showed up to assist in the final battle. Maybe it could have been Ripclaw in that pod? Another Predacon would have at least made for the rising of the Predacons as a faction at the very least.

I would have liked to see Vampire Airachnid be forcibly recruited by Unicron due to the Dark Synth-En, but mostly only to see her fight Arcee and finally meet her end. In that regard though, I half-assumed that Unicron couldn't call the vampire army because of the same reason Megatron couldn't control the Vampires--because of the unstable nature of the Synth-En fused within it.

The show hit a lot of bumps along the way. It wasn't a perfect series, and like any TF series it had fans divided on it's quality. Was it the most creative series? No. But it made due with what it had, and sometimes it did great, and other times it could have been better. It wasn't what everyone wanted. It had potential, and in most people's eyes it failed to live up to that potential. But it was what it was. It may not be the most creative series, nor is it the most well written. I'm not saying it should just be accepted for what it is, as there was so much more it could have been.
    I'm not sure how to describe where I'm going with this. You be the judge.

15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Ouch. I thought Prime was bland but entertaining. Comparing it to the worst TF series ever made is a bit harsh.

16. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

My internet went out for a few hours last night so I didn't get to post after about 9 but the last 30 min was very good. Loved the going away speech and knockout "I never really had good role models" I laughed a lot! Over all I was very impressed and pleased with the ending of Prime, and Prime as a whole. Sad to see it go. I have been a fan of transformers since the beginning but this is the show that "brought me back into the fold"

Here is hoping the next series is a continuation of this story. ohh and thanks to all those who joined in the conversation last night and here on out!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  17. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Um, he didn't. There was nothing about Energon in there.

18. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

I didn't notice your post till just now. that's funny shit!!! I watched all of beast wars and machines not a fan lol

19. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    A swarm of zombie Preds weren't enough? LOL!

I got this feeling that the next series is going to reboot everything and be more "in-line" with their Aligned Continuity. Prime and the games were plugged in kinda rough. I can't see a new series starting without Prime and Megatron in it.

20. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

After re-watching there's something I have a problem with.

Why did Megatron give up conquest after supposedly 'now knowing what it feels like to be oppressed.'? Didn't he already know how it felt to be oppressed when he spent the earlier portions of his life as a slave of the primes? What, did he forget about the reason why he wanted to be in charge in the first place?