Predicons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by RADimus prime, Oct 4, 2013.

1. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm not going to say it was better off not existing. It wasnt bad, it was just as if they rushed the last 15 minutes to end the movie. It felt rushed, kind of like the series.

2. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

So Optimus is gone :( ? Between Optimus joining the Allspark, Megatron giving up villainy, and the Transformers back on Cybertron, the next series should certainly be quite a chance of pace.

3. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Though this does raise a question that's been on my mind since i watched the leaked version few weeks ago.

If new sparks come from the Allspark/Primus, then where the HELL do the bodies for those sparks come from?! THAT was never addressed.

4. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should have gave the movie a different title though. Like Unicron Rising. It had nothing to do with Predacons aside from the three Preds and the Zombicons

5. BumbleDeez

BumbleDeez Well-Known Member

To me it all just felt thrown together and repetitive. I felt like we ended the series on a high note, and then came back with 90 minutes that felt a lot like this series began.

6. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.................that's cold and funny!!! :lol 

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Few thoughts:

- Beautiful animation. Seriously, some gorgeous shots; the Preda-demon horde, the Wheeljack/Optimus in space sequence, and the close-ups were gorgeous.

- It felt a little predictable for a bit, but the ending was very original and unexpected. Redemption(ish) for Megatron? Optimus Prime becoming one with the Allspark? It felt very fresh for the franchise; helped Prime go out with a sense of being something new in Transformers history imo.

- Some aspects definitely felt rushed. Optimus knowing exactly where the Allspark was and just had to fly over, get it, and come back seemed a little underwhelming after a lot of lore of the "search for the Allspark" from the video game/novel story, which was supposed to be the same universe?

- Seriously, the image of a Unicron-possessed Mega/Galvatron riding an undead Cybertronian dragon at the head of an entire demon horde is probably one of the coolest images in TF history, to me. :lol 

8. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, it did feel thrown together. The only thing is that it did set the stage for a next series, which was said to be a continuation of Prime.

9. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

10. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

not enough predacons for a movie called predacons rising.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    So why were people expecting extra footage? Because the YouTube comments said so?

Lmao

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    There was only one comment about that, most of us that watched tonight didn't expect any extra footage, we just waited to watch the movie in HD.

Maybe they're hoping that the DVD will have some extras.

As for the comments about the movie feeling rushed...yeah the last 15 minutes crammed a whole lot of loose ends that had to be tied up....all too quickly.
    They should have gone ahead and made the movie 2 hrs TV time....around 1 1/2 actual movie time....would have had a little more time to properly bring all the players back to well...finish the battle, more time for Megs, Scream, etc and for the Autobots to say goodbye. Oh well, we got what we got.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand why they had to bring Ratchet back. Why not use Knockout, and have that contribute to his character development? That could have saved some time so the final fight and defeat had more impact. Ugh.

14. Galvatross

Galvatross Mask-free zone Veteran

This is my feelings exactly, both the pluses and the criticism. Also, Knockout was a huge plus in my opinion, although I wish there was a little more Shockwave at the end. The movie definitely should have been a little bit longer.

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    They still don't trust Knock Out...and it's understandable. He's a great character, but not entirely trustworthy.

Besides, Ratchet is one hell of a story teller....I could listen to him all day.

Also, as Prime's best friend, his sadness over Optimus' actions have more impact.

Knock Out took OP's compliment too personally....his actions were not the actions of a Prime....but he brings a little :lol  to an otherwise very sad moment.

16. Jaegertron

Jaegertron Banned

I thought this served as a good conclusion to the series (better than the final episode at least), but there were a couple things that could have been better.

Optimus being gone for 2/3 of the movie was a little disappointing, since it made his sacrifice at the end sort of anti-climatic because there was no foreshadowing of it.

And honestly I think Shockwave should have been killed by the Predacon zombies. They made it seem like that at first and I thought it was perfect that he would have died by something he couldn't understand, something far beyond science. But nope, 10 minutes later he's fine and well. I think the writers did this as a way not to upset the fans by killing off a fan-favorite, and with that I must call them wimps.

17. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Well, considering what happened when they killed a fan favorite before, i don't think them trying to keep him alive classifies them as wimps.

18. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

Eeee!! I just finished it, and I loved it. I teared up at the end when Optimus turned and gave a sad little smile. :')

YES! Knock Out joined the Autobots! Well, sorta. At any rate, it's been one of my wishes from his first episode. I'm so glad they didn't kill the good doctor off.

The ending was completely out of left field...it actually took me off guard. Made me sad, too.

Only one problem. No Airachnid closure... I hope she comes back in the next series, if only to get killed by Arcee in an epic way.

Hoo boy, that was hard, waiting like I did. But I'm glad I waited. It made it extra special. I'll miss you, TFP. You were and are one of the greats. <3

19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Or maybe they're planning to use Shockwave more for future series like how they likely kept Magnus alive in the movie for the same purpose. I may be wrong but that's my guess on it.

20. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

Alright. So this establishes that, for Prime, not only is the All-Spark the communal soul thingie Cybertronians' sparks join when they die [per the usual], but that it's also actually the source of NEW Cybertronian life.

The first time I watched this the fate of Optimus seemed SOOO forced and unnecessary. It was like-
    "The battle is over. We stand victorious over our enemies.
    I will now fall on my sword.
    I AM Optimus Prime y'know."

[ One thing that slightly irks me about Prime, the "Bay-verse" stuff, and, I fear, the next series, is how hard they try to establish themselves as actually BEING the original version. Not in the actual canon/chronology, or for any kind of nod or references, but in their false claim to the history of the original show. They want you to feel as if the current series has 25 years of stories and history behind it.
    This struck me as Prime sacrificed himself.
    It didn't really bother me.
    I didn't feel like I really knew this character.
    No matter what steps they take to make it seem like the original Optimus, it still won't BE the original Optimus.
    I actually cared about what was going to happen to [original] Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, R.I.D. Prime, Cybertron Prime. Those were original characters in every sense.
    I wouldn't dream of taking anything away from the writers, the designers, the animators, or Cullen, but I really find it hard to get invested in something I can only see as a copy.]

I now see how Optimus had absolutely NO time to come up with any kind of attack plan. Everything's super-peachy, he's on his way home with the All-Spark to repopulate the place, and he gets a surprise message saying Unicron is here.
    He got there as quick as he could and went with the only option he had.

It gets slightly harder to swallow how he just immediately jumps into the well.
    Like, SIT DOWN FOR A SECOND or something.
    Hang around for little bit, check out the restored planet, say proper goodbyes to everybody.

Makes slightly more sense when viewed as set-up for the next though.