Predacons Rising Abominus Target Exclusive at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by alkamist, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I already have the individual ones so this is an easy pass for me.

2. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never found the last 3 carded Legions. I know as soon as I buy the box set, the last 3 carded legions will start showing up in the stores. Oh well, I'm sure my 5 year old will love having 2 Abominuses.

3. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    We only ever saw Hungurr and Twinstrike in CT, we have yet to see the other three.

4. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to a tip from RavX, I was able to order the last 3 Predacon legion class figures for Abominus. Don't need the box set now!

5. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

^THIS. Toys have been on the rise lately, but with this release, we're regressing back to boxart being WAY better than the actual figures themselves. :banghead: 

6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those (like me) that never found the last 3 in stores and would prefer that version to the semi-translucent ones in the box set, they're currently up on HTS:

Transformers - Legion Class - products on HasbroToyShop.com

Of course, after tax and shipping, the trio alone is likely to cost you what that box set will cost you (provided you can find it in stores easily enough). It was worth the few extra bucks for me though.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Woah, exactly what I'm looking for!

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think the one guy thinks they are Commander class Legions were never $8.

I haven't seen the last 3 either, probably never will maybe they will end up at Ross etc. since they are obviously goign to go straigh to Predacons Rising next.

At least I found the Hungurr at retail, but if you check the toys or Hasbro's site I am afraid they inform you that they are subject to availiability, shouldn't be anything new.

9. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Aren't they interchangeable? You can swap them around and even have a complete combine mode where all the limbs are twinstrike for example.

10. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I saw them come in today with the rest of the wave 1 Predacon Rising stuff, so I will probably pick this one up. I still hope to get the last three regular ones someday, too, but I can settle for this version.

11. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As mentioned earlier they are available on HTS as we speak ...

12. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Not a fan of the translucent plastic. I feel like they'd eventually break, especially with all that weight on the combined mode.

I'm happy with the regular Abominus that I have.

13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    How is it a "put my out of my misery" atrocity and not a "RAWR KILL EVERYTHING BECAUSE I'M MADE OF MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS" badass atrocity? I don't understand why you think the design is bad. Though...
    ...opinions. Everyone's opinions are different. I think the original Abominus, despite having the complete set as a child, is a bad design for a 5-monster combiner. This however I think is very appropriate, and my only wish is that it had the zombie-ish energon-leak that Cliffjumper has occasionally had throughout TFP so this guy would look even more freakshow(plus it would justify still calling them 'Terrorcons' in the TFP universe)

But again, opinions. Whatever sinks your submarine. :D 
    Hmmm... wouldn't the plural for Abominus be Abomini? :p 

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Man, I just found Hun-Gurr, after three months of searching and three months of the rest of the limb-bots sitting in my pile of loot. I knew I should've just waited for this set. Would've been way easier to find.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks! I haven't found ANY of the Terrorcons, or really any Legions besides Airachnid and the occasional Bumblebee. HTS has Twinstrike, too, but under "Beast Hunters" and NOT "Legion", which just leaves... the one no one can spell correctly.

The Target set is cheaper, of course, but that translucent plastic has me worried. Plus I just don't like the colors all that much.

16. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Well, I just checked with Target and for some the wait might be longer. According to the person I talked to, the products are set to be put out till 8/4. This may change AND it depends on the store, but if you aren't finding any that could be why.

17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Nope, the arms attach by pegging in, the legs attach by clipping into a C-clip. You might be able to cludge some alternate way of attaching them, but it probably won't be stable.

18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, I said I wouldn't, but I will buy this set. Just one. I have the original single carded set, but because they're apparently so rare (love those end of line figure assortments), and this is affordable, I'm buying a backup in case they'd break or something. I never buy backups. I love these little monsters just that much.

19. alkamist

alkamist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see that, and it's pretty interesting that these just "magically" became available from HTS the day after their 15% off in pack coupon expired. They have been out of stock everytime I have periodically checked shortly after they were originally available for order.

As for the remaining 3 individual figures, I have only seen them online myself. If you're OK with the translucent plastic color, and the box art, this set is for you.

If you like the stock color, then by all means, HTS now, online (BBTS), or waiting for retail to pick up the next wave with Blight, Rippersnapper, and Windrazor are some of the current options.

20. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why does people think that coincidences are part of some larger conspiracy?

The pack-in coupons don't last forever. They don't plan all this stuff out. I used a 15% coupon on my order for the 3 just fine. They still issue new ones. Yours just happened to end. I don't think HTS is stressing 15% off of some $6 figures.