Pre TFs that never made it. how would you bring them in?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Blunderzag, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Uxi

Uxi Citizen, Patriot, Scholar

Always thought the idea of Megatron as a gun wielded even by another transformer was dumb and he should have been a Self Propelled Gun and/or artillery piece, first Cybertronian (obviously), then after the Ark reactives him something like an M198 artillery piece. Make him rail gun or whatever while Galvatron remains an energy weapon based Unicron enhancement. If he needs to be a triple changer for kid play value, whatever.

Soundwave should be sort of minor spy guy like Frenzy maybe.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You should check your link more closely. It's a little bit misleading when the link says Japanese cartoon time line cause it also mentions the comics.

Manga has nothing to do with the cartoon timeline. That's Japanese comic books.

It would kinda hard for the cartoon to be the same continuity when there are inconsistencies such as...

G1 Continuity family

Decepticon and BW Predacon = Destron

G1 Predacon = Animatron

This is actually a bit less confusing that the Predacons have different names in Japan since the G1 Predacons are just a Decepticon sub faction and not an separate group of their own. Though it's also slightly more confusing that the BW Predacons have the same name as their Decepticon ancestors but a different insignia.

Car Robots Continuity

Predacon = Destronger

Decepticons = Combatron

Now we can excuse the Decepticons having a different name here because they actually weren't suppose to even be Decepticons in the first place. Destrongers however are officially suppose to be an evolved form of the Destrons so how come BW Predacons aren't also called Destrongers?

Next issue we have is Fortress Maximus who has a very confusing history as it is without making it even more confusing by trying to cram Car Robots into the same continuity.

G1 U.S.

Spike Witwicky becomes the head of Cerebros who in turn becomes the head of Fortress Maximus.

Recently with the Titans Return release it seems that Spike has been replaced with Emissary making it closer to the Japanese version when he was a different character who was a robot and not Spike in an Exsosuit.

G1 Japan

Cerebros becomes the head of Fortress who in turn becomes the head of Fortress Maximus.

And confusing Japan also seems to have a dub of the Rebirth where the names are the same as the U.S. version. And it's only in this dub where Cerebros refers to the larger head rather than the smaller head.

RID

Cerebros becomes the head of Emissary who in turn becomes the head of Fortress Maximus.

Also for some reason even though he's often credited as Fortress Maximus I don't remember him ever actually being called that in the cartoon. For some reason his original Japanese name made it into the English dub.

Car Robots

Plasma becomes the head of Brave who in turn becomes the head of Brave Maximus.

Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters... though sharing a part of a name like Maximus could also indicate that they're the same character... And G1 Wasn't controlled by humans.

Then there's the fact that Heinrad is an actual character in the Beast Era who makes a cameo in the first episode but as an ordinary alarm clock rather than as a Transformer. This is a clear reference to the toy which did actually function as a working alarm clock... except the actual toy has to be in robot mode to shut off the alarm while the cartoon just shows Koji shutting it off by bonking his beast mode on the head. Anyway... how could an alarm clock of Heinrad exist if Car Robots was set in the same continuity?

Nope... though supposedly the writers were heavily influenced by G1 when they wrote the script which is why the last name Witwicky made it into the movie... though the first names were changed because they couldn't rationalize why a human would have the name Sparkplug. Spike isn't quite as bad but you going to change Sparkplug to Ron might as well make Spike Sam while you're at it.

It would be kind of impossible to place them in the same continuity because then you have problems like...

How the Witwickys could be meeting the Transformers for the first time in 2007 when they already met the Transformers in 2984. Also how the hell did Spike/Sam go from being an adult with a child in 2005 back into a 16 year old kid two years later? If you want to believe that Ron is Spike and Sam is Daniel then you're just trading backwards aging for rapid aging since that means Daniel some how went from 10 to 16 in only 2 years. Also that means Spike gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of hair in that same two years...

Not only that but there's also the fact that either Spike/Sam gets a divorce so he can date Mikaela only to end up with Carly again in Dark of the Moon even though it seems like they just met for the first time... and Carly is some how British when she use to be American... Or Daniel/Sam is for some reason dating a girl with the same name as his mother... Who for some reason isn't blond anymore... There's no indication that Judy Witwicky was ever suppose to be Carly... I did think that Mikaela was meant to be Carly for a while that is until Dark of the Moon introduced a character who's actually called Carly. Though if it was true that they had G1 characters in mind when writing the script that means Mikaela may have also been based on Carly originally but that just got retconned out when they replaced Megan Fox with another actress.

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Maybe you should

In 2007, a paperback collection of the Kiss Players manga available exclusively at the Japanese convention Wonder Festival included an extensive timeline chronicling the ins and outs of the cartoon universe, incorporating all of the material covered above, while in the process propagating several dramatic changes to things as fans knew them. The timeline integrated series and stories that had previously been either discreetly separate from the Generation 1 cartoon timeline, or at least apathetic on their relationship to it; infamously, Car Robots (the Japanese cartoon dubbed in 2001 as Robots in Disguise) was retconned into being part of the cartoon timeline, along with the manga Battle of the Star Gateand many small story points from assorted toy bios
    wrong

In America, Transformers had multiple continuities right from the very beginning, with the cartoon and comic going off into very different directions. In Japan, on the other hand, they didn't have those comics—they just had the cartoon, and of the copious amounts of additional media that have come out of Japan in the last twenty-five years, nearly everything has taken place somewhere in the timeline of the cartoon universe—either by design or as the result of retconning—creating one mighty behemoth of a chronology that reaches from twelve billion years in the past to thousands of years in the future.

Unlike the US, in Japan most of the manga is part of the G1 continuity

And I agree there are many inconsistencies, but they don’t seem to care

And while I think you for some of the information some of it seems to be pointless

For example:
    Not sure you brought that part up

Same continuity doesn’t mean same characters

Fire Convy and G1 convoy are different characters in the same continuity
    I’m not even sure how you can say nope, anyway ....
    I not going to argue this because you seem to misunderstand what I’m saying

This has nothing to do with the writers ,but how they try to present it in Japan

I remember from 07, offical charts trying to draw the connections between the bay film and JG1

Nothing to rationalize

It would’ve been nicknames anyway

2084 lol

I know it’s just a typo just made me laugh a bit

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

You do realize that my original post made the claim that Car Robots was never intended to be in the same continuity right?

I didn't change the wording only the highlighting cause I wanted to point out there's a major difference there between what I claimed and what you're claiming.

It's no different... Sorry to cut you off there but have you seen any of the Japanese Manga? Cartoon and comic goes off into very different directions there too. Even more so than the American versions.

At least in America the cartoon characters and comic characters in the same continuity family still LOOK like the same characters... Mostly... there are some comics I've seen from G1 where the characters look a lot more like the toys than the cartoons do... include Ratchet and Ironhide not having any heads... Though later issue comics seem to have changed to much more cartoon accurate looks... Except for Jetfire/Skyfire... Anyway the point is even though the art style changed you can still tell they're based on the same designs.

With Japanese Manga however... They don't even look like the same characters. Just as an example, here's Rattrap from an American comic book.

[​IMG]

This is clearly Transmetal Rattrap. There's no mistaking who that is suppose to be even with the change in art style it's clearly the same design. Now here's the same character from a Japanese Manga.

[​IMG]

WTF is that? That doesn't look like any version of Rattrap from the cartoons. According to the wiki I got this image from that is suppose to represent his Transmetal design in beast mode. Does that look anything like this to you?

[​IMG]

They can't even make the character look the same how do you expect me to believe that the story is any way connected to the cartoon.

There's also the fact that in the comics Beast Wars II takes place on prehistoric Earth slightly out of sync with the American Beast Wars. That part about being slightly out of sync means that even though the casts of both are inhabiting the same space at the same time they typically can't interact with each other. They're invisible and intangible to each other. Kinda like the Shadow Zone in Transformers Prime. Magmatron did at one point manage to pull Megatron into the same out of sync state but Megatron was eventually able to return and take precautions to prevent that from happening again. In the cartoon however BWII is set on an entirely different planet apparently in the future since Optimus Primal has become some what of a legend in Lio Convoy's time.

So yeah... tell me again how Japanese comics are any different from American comics?

G1 Continuity Family sure but not G1 Cartoon Continuity. As I explained above, Japanese Manga differs from the cartoons just as much... and some times even more so than American comics differ from their cartoon counterparts.

And yet the Rebirth isn't part of Japanese cartoon continuity even though there is actually a Japanese dub of it they still choose to ignore it entirely when they made Headmasters. If they don't seem to care why not try to shove the Rebirth in there as well. lol

Three things...

1. You took my quote out of context. That was suppose to be...

"Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters... though sharing a part of a name like Maximus could also indicate that they're the same character..."

You only quoted the first half of this and it kinda looses it's original intended meaning without the second half.

2. Your response seems to be confusingly directed at the second half that you didn't quote and ignores the first half... so I'm not sure what the point of your response even was.

3. If you read my entire quote in context you can see I never actually claimed that Fire Convoy and G1 Convoy had to be the same character only that sharing a part of a name COULD mean that they're the same character.

Convoy is typically an exception because it's a title shared by multiple characters but in most other cases when part of a name carries over into a new name it typically means they're the same character who's been given an upgrade. There's an example of this in Car Robots itself with Gigatron and Devil Gigatron being the same character.

Some other examples include Hot Rodimus/Rodimus Convoy, Broadcast/Twincast, Soundwave/Soundblaster, Zarak/Mega Zarak/Black Zarak, Sixshot/Greatshot, Megastorm/Gigastorm, Starscream/Hellscream, BB/Max-B, Dirge/Dirgegun, Thrust/Trustor...

And here's something interesting... You can actually see how Galaxy Force was never intended to be part of the Unicron Trilogy by looking at some of the Japanese names.

Hot Rod/Hot Rod Super Mode/Hot Shot/Hot Shot Fire are all clearly the same character. These are the names Hot Shot used in Micron Legend and Super Link. Notice how they all include the word HOT. Once you get to Galaxy Force however then the name changed to Exillion/Exigeyser. Now the shared part of the name is Exi which would indicate this is a totally different character. His Mini-con in Micron Legend is Jolt/Spark Jolt. The Jolt from Cybertron was Hop in Galaxy Force.

We've also got Jetfire/Skyfire from Micron Legend and Superlink the "fire" part indicating they're the same character and then Galaxy Force the name is Dreadrock.

The Red Alerts in Japan are called Ratchet and First Aid again because they really aren't meant to be the same character. Ratchet's Mini-Con partner is called Hook/Spark Hook. There seems to be a theme here of Powerlinx versions of Mini-cons adding Spark to their name. The "Spark" part doesn't mean they're the same character it just seems to signify that they're Powerlinx colored versions.

Cyclonus/Snowcat is called Sandstorm/Snowstorm so it's a lot more clear looking at the shared "Storm" part of the names that they're the same character unlike the American version where there's no indication at all these are the same guy.

Demolisor is called Ironhide/Irontread.

Starscream/Nightscream... and there's no listing for his name in Galaxy Force?

Tidal Wave/Mirage is Shockwave/Shockfleet again the "Shock" part making it clear that these are the same guy where as the American version there's no indication just by looking at the names that both of them are the same character.

Sideways was called Double Face in Micron Legends and Noisemaze in Galaxy Force which again indicates that they're NOT the same character.

Oddly enough... it seems the Mini-cons who combine to form Perceptor from Armada and Energon really aren't intended to be the same characters either as there's no indicators in their Japanese names that these guys were ever intended to be the same Mini-cons.

Inferno/Roadblock was Inferno/Inferno Volt.

Energon Wing Dagger/Wing Saber actually had the same names in Japan but Cybertron Wing Saber was called Sonic Bomber which explains why he looks and acts like a totally different character... because he was meant to be a totally different character.

Landmine had the same name in Super Link that he does in Energon but Galaxy Force calls him Guardshell.

And finally we have Overhaul/Leobreaker who in Japan is called Jackshot/Ligerjack... You can kinda tell they're meant to be the same character because they do share the same color scheme, some similar design elements despite one being a vehicle and the other being a beast... and plus Overhaul is the only vehicle that comes with a Jungle Planet Key... It's kinda obvious that means something. But the names don't give any indication that they're the same character. In Japan they're both called Jack.

I'm just pointing out that typically while this isn't always the case, there are examples of characters who share a name that aren't the same character but usually this naming scheme tends to be their way of showing that it's the same character upgraded into a different form.

I pointed this out in regards to Fortress Maximus and Brave Maximus because the fact that it's a direct repaint of the same toy with a similar name if they're from the same continuity usually means that they're the same character. That doesn't mean they have to be the same character but there's so few exceptions to this rule that it would most likely make them the same character.

That's your opinion... Obviously the writers don't agree. I'm just saying what they said... Also I kinda agree with it though I don't think they actually needed to change Spike. There are actual people in real life who actually have that name... it's not a very common name like Sam would be but it's at least an actual name a person could have.

I've also seen human characters... or humanish... characters in other works of fiction named Spike. I say humanish because one of them is actually a vampire but vampires started out as humans so it kinda still counts. I found a list of other characters also called Spike and realized that one of the characters I was thinking of was actually Smike. Nicholas Nickleby was the first play I was ever in so apparently over the years I've at some point started saying his name wrong. Anyway it's more commonly used as a name for animals... mostly dogs... and one time a monkey... but Spike can be a human name too.

Sparkplug is really the only one that I actually agree with the need to change it.

Well I wrote 2984 not 2084 but yes that was suppose to be 1984 and apparently I hit the wrong key and didn't notice...

Anyway... I've never called you out publicly on your typos, I always take it to private message to try and save you the embarrassment. I find it kinda of rude that you decided to respond to this in public rather than sending me a private message like I've always done for you.

5. Primeultra

Of course I even told you you might be right about the intent

But you were wrong on whether they’re connected or not
    It is different, the link I provided even said as much

Now I know things differ with other franchises, but with transformers nearly all of the tf manga was written to be part of the JG1 continuity either by design or by:theroy retcon

Sorry to cut you off there but you are just wrong

And yes I collect manga
    They like the super distort things over there don’t ask me explain it lol
    I believe you’re talking about an American comic book now, transformers comics and cartoons have never been part of a single continuity offically

We’re talking about the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, which has nothing to do with the American BW comics or its continuity(s)

Not exactly
    Gaia - Transformers Wiki

Gaia (ガイア), or Gaea, is Earth in the distant future, tens of thousands of years away.

Research

OK G1 manga is different than the American G1 comics
    Cartoon For sure . As I explained above, you are wrong.

As the link shows, just about all of the G1 manga as written, by design or retcon, as part of the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity

You can choose to refuse to accept what you read if you want but I won’t argue in circles with you
    The rebirth isn’t part of this conversation why bring it up?

I could care less whether they brought it into it or not

And who knows what their reasons for doing things is, That would be a different conversation anyway
    No need

I didn’t take anything out of context just didn’t understand why you would bring it all up scene to be rather superfluous

As was the majority of what came next, no disrespect and I thank you for your dedication but it just seems to be a Wall text that pretty much says it all the same thing
    The writers don’t agree?

Are you suggesting that the writers believed that “spark plug” was someone’s real name?

Did anybody here ever think in the G1 cartoon that the name “spark plug” was his real name?

I guess Spike could have been a real name......seems a name best fit for a dog, but if people thought it was his real name fine

But u can’t see how anyone would think “spark plug” was anyone’s real name

So if you want to say it’s my opinion, that I think spike and spark plug were nicknames, then fine

By the way I’m a big Buffy fan

And I wasn’t calling you out it just made me laugh brother don’t take it personally

Sorry if you took it the wrong way

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Technically yes and no... They're kinda both...

It seems they were originally Japanese which is why they even include Beast Wars II and Neo characters in the first place. They just directly translated the comics into English and released them here as well...

They also made things even more confusing by using the American names like Blackarachnia and Cheetor rather than Black Widow or Cheetus but didn't bother to change the names of any of the Japanese characters which is seemingly what resulted in our having both Apache and B'Boom as two separate characters despite them clearly being the same guy.

Anyway... it's technically a Japanese Manga because it includes Japanese only characters who still use their Japanese names.

Exactly so comics don't count.

So then why don't they just call it Earth?

Anyway... it's still much different being that they're in the future rather than the past out of sync from the American series.

OK let me be more specific... how are they different in relation to being or not being in the same continuity as their cartoon counterparts?

Obviously Japanese Manga is different than American comics... they have different art styles, and typically entirely different comics all together... but this isn't really relevant to the conversation. We're talking about how you seem to think that Japanese comics have a shared continuity with Japanese cartoons while American comics and cartoons are separate continuities. I'm saying that they're both the same in the sense that there are just as many inconsistencies between cartoon and comic no matter what country they're from.

I'm not including retcons. Only the writers original intent. Retcons give me head aches trying to figure out how entirely different continuities that were never intended to fit together are some how suppose to be in the same continuity. I'm not going to try to claim that the retcons never happened they just aren't important to my point since I don't pay attention to them anyway.

You claimed that everything in Japan was all part of one shared continuity... that includes the Rebirth. It was dubbed in Japan. I'm not sure if they dubbed it and then ignored it when making Headmasters or if they made Headmasters first and then imported the Rebirth from the U.S. but either way by your logic it's part of Japanese continuity now.

You should care because it kinda contradicts your entire argument. Either the Rebirth has to some how fit into the same continuity as Headmasters despite completely contradicting each other or your argument that everything is part of the same continuity is wrong.

OK there is so much wrong with what you just said here...

1. My original quote was "Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters... though sharing a part of a name like Maximus could also indicate that they're the same character..."

What you quoted was "Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters."

That is taking it out of context because this sentence takes on an entirely different meaning without the other half of that quote.

2. What do you mean by the majority of what came next? It's just one extra sentence. What the heck are you going on about?

3. How is two sentences a wall of text? I mean I know I tend to write giant walls of texts but in this particular instance we're only focusing on these two sentences.

"Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters... though sharing a part of a name like Maximus could also indicate that they're the same character..."

You literally just cut this quote in half. You act like I'm asking you to quote my entire post instead of only those two sentences that were intended to go together into a single thought. I don't care if you want to cut the rest of the post down... I kind of expect it... but we're not talking about the rest of the post... we're talking about these two sentences.

4. That second sentence that you left out does not just say the same thing... It's there to clarify a point I made so it wouldn't be misinterpreted.

"Now the fact that G1 and CR have different names from each other would suggest that these are different characters..."

This on it's own as you had it when you quoted me can be easily misinterpreted to mean that simply having different names automatically makes them different characters. This is not how I intended it to be read and not at all what I was actually claiming.

"though sharing a part of a name like Maximus could also indicate that they're the same character..."

This clarifies that point so that it wouldn't be misinterpreted as I explained above. You can't separate these two sentences without changing their intended meaning. They were designed to go together. This one sentence is all you needed to put that quote into context as I had originally written it.

Instead you're going on about a wall of text that has nothing to do with this quote being taken out of context. It's just one extra sentence that your missing not a text wall.

Not exactly... However it's never once mentioned that Sparkplug isn't his real name.

Also even if it was a nickname as you suggest you would still need to rationalize how exactly he got that name in the first place. People typically have stories behind that kind of stuff, a reason how they got that name...

Just as an example my nickname is Luggage. This would seem rather odd to an outsider but makes perfect sense if you were there when I got that nickname... or if I explained it...

I also know someone who use to go by the name Phonecall though I completely forgot how he got that name in the first place... I didn't know him then by the time I met him I was literally introduced to him as Phonecall. I asked him once how he got that name but I can't remember...

Anyway... my own story... I was heading out of town with my ex helping her mom move out of her grandma's house after the grandma died. I ended up having to sit in the back of the van with all of their luggage and I said as a joke "You want to me to squeeze my ass back there? What do I look like your luggage?" to which someone responded yes and they've been calling me Luggage ever since. It also doesn't help that her mom's boy friend has a worse memory than I do and can never remember anyone's real name so he just gives everyone he meets a nick name... so Luggage kinda stuck.

You either have to change the character's name or explain how he got Sparkplug as a nick name... and then you still have to give the character an actual name anyway because you can't just call him Sparkplug. Some people aren't always going to be cool with calling someone by a nick name...

I also know a guy named Ski... I doubt that's his real name but he insists that's the actual name that his parents put on his birth certificate... I think he just prefers Ski and maybe his actual name is just really embarrassing or something. I don't know but if he want's to be called Ski fine.

Phonecall however I do know his real name... I'm not going to say it online cause some people like to keep their real names off the internet but there are a few people who do actually use his real name IRL including myself because if the individual isn't the one who specifically said that's what they prefer to be called I'd rather use their actual name than something like Phonecall. Like wise I typically only use the name Luggage when that one guy is around cause I know he's never going to remember my name. He can barely remember his own name half the time so if Luggage is the only way he can remember me I'm OK with it. Otherwise, that's typically not how I prefer to introduce myself.

I'm James Robbert Hermes... or SaberPrime to you.

See above...

I agree with you... Spike sounds more like a dog's name to me... probably because most "Spike" characters in fiction that I'm aware of are dogs... but it can be a name for a human... it's just not very common as I already pointed out.

I never said it was... again even as a nick name that would still require having to rationalize how a person would get that name. And also they'd still need to come up with a different name anyway. There's not really any way around it without just ignoring it and never addressing how he has that name leaving the audience to question it... You know like G1 did... I'm not sure why you jumped to conclusion that anyone thought that was his real name. Instead of the more logical conclusion of...

1. What is his real name?

2. How did he get the name "Sparkplug".

The movie kinda answers the first question that his real name is Ron... but we're kinda still wandering how he got the nick name...

G1 never actually calls him Ron but since we have no other source for what his name could be I choose to just accept Ron into my head canon.

Movie never actually calls him Sparkplug so I'm just going to assume that nick name doesn't exist in the movie continuity... and I'm still left questioning what the heck happened in G1 that lead to this guy being given the name Sparkplug.

Oh I see how you misunderstood now... No I meant that it's your opinion that there's "Nothing to rationalize" meaning that you think they don't need to explain how the character would have got such a nick name.

7. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Generation Zero

It’s like the Great War in here

• Like Like x 2
  8. SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47 X-Wing: Mercy Kill

News Credits:
    The official reveal of Shattered Glass Collection Jetfire has reminded me of how Fun Publications did an Easter egg cameo of Zardak from Select Convertors, the other 1980s U.S. robot toyline.

Zardak - Transformers Wiki

Zardak and Zark would be fun characters to feature side-by-side with Jetfire. And if you think about it, the Convertors release of SDF-1 could be a Maladroid Titan. Spaceborne city-ship.

Images courtesy of The Liberator.

Convertors Zardak / VF-1S by Select

[​IMG]

Convertors Zark / VF-1 Valkyrie by Select

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    I like your idea of Overcharge being a quintesson drone but I can see Funes/Skyklik an answer for the autobots hitting the skies with their own fleet of helicopter bots and make him have a quirk like a fear of heights similar to silverbolt and a phobia of speed or something like that. While Dropshot was an autobot experiment to combat the decepticon triple changers the horrorcons.

10. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 INSTANCE ABREACTION

10 miles away from you and rapidly approaching
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'd love to implement Dia-Battles as an Autobot air force of some sort. Like the Autobot seekers.
    upload_2021-7-20_21-50-4.png
    upload_2021-7-20_21-50-19.png

11. Primeultra

AutoBot Seekers?????

May I ask what your talking about?
    Not counting any former decepticons that defected to the autobots I’ve never seen the term seeker applied to any autobot and certainly not a group of them that could be called a “air force”

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I mean an Autobot equivalent to the seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Primeultra

Ok

But they never really had an equivalent but I guess the closest was the Aerialbots

14. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yes, but I want to implement the Dia-Battles as one.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Blunderzag

That’s kind of the point of what they’re saying, obviously they don’t have an air force outside of the aerialbots but if it were up them Dia Battles would be part of it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Couple years off from this now but I want to present my idea.
    Alien bounty hunter. Hired by various parties to hunt down Transformers, turned into a powerful cyborg by the Quintessons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blunderzag

I can actually see this happening in a weird Star Wars no disintegrations kinda way

18. Metro Prime

Metro Prime No sympathy for the self-inflicted

A jet, robot.... Alpaca triple changer? Now that's a weird combo.

19. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

While a purple decepticon version appeared in the background for like a single panel, I think Fortress X could've been a pretty cool character if brought over as a sorta city bot
    [​IMG]
    Fairly neat design that could easily work as either an autobot or decepticon, though it feels more autobot to me with the color scheme and face sculpt. Though his alternate mode is admittingly kinda pants, I could see the theoretical animation model cheating a bit similar to Ironhide and Ratchet's robot modes as either a raised facility or some type of vehicle walker.
    [​IMG]

I can personally see him as a smaller city bot who transformed into something like a powerplant or energon refinery, a quiet gentle giant who was forced to have arm himself as time went on to protect himself and the workers who resided in him from the decepticons and their raids.

• Like Like x 1
  20. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I just want a BLUE Bluestreak, for Pete's sake! I don't care how or why

Earthrise Diaclone Bluestreak.jpg

• Like Like x 2