Pre-screener differences: warning spoilers ahead

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, sorry, I meant why were Shatter and Dropkick hunting him?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I honestly dont remember its been so long and the scene was very short. So not sure unless they release art later or something

Ah gotcha, in the cut we had they were hunting bee to find the location of optimus prime so their plot stayed largely the same as did their dialogue. The inly thing different that i can place right now is

dropkicks death scream was much more intense and panicked in the prescreening, which was probably way too brutal for the kids so they altered it to be quick.

Otherwise i think it was word for word the same as the prescreening.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

Man before movie release I was hoping the Megatron scene would be there. I wanna see what he looked like. I'm not big on G1 Megatron but BB movie Optimus looked okay. I hope to see it some day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did wonder why they bothered in the end having Bumblebee in his Jeep form, given how briefly he was in the alt mode, and it would be been more effective, I think, having him stay in Cybertronian mode till he scans the Beetle. But now it makes sense that those sequences were already finished so they had to add in him scanning the Jeep too rather than replace all the CGI with his Cybertronian form.

Seems a shame a complete Megatron design has been rendered, but we might not all get a look at it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Oh man so they had a cg g1 megatron designed and in a cut of the film? We NEED to see that model.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JonnyHanukkah

JonnyHanukkah Well-Known Member

This is fascinating and I agree that all of the changes that were made were for the better. Thanks for sharing!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What’s funny is even though some prequel connections were removed, having G1 Megatron in Hoover Dam would really push this as a reboot lol

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    These changes supports the desire of the decision makers to reboot the live action franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  9. User_136440

News Credits:
    Also it seems odd that if they've made an effort to remove some connections to the previous films, why worry about not having Megatron in the Cybertron scenes? TK made it sound like he had to remove Megatron from those scenes because someone pointed out the Hoover Dam thing, but he was obviously aware of that as it was included I the previous cut.

Incidentally, I wonder which cut will make it to the UK home release. We only had 6 seconds cut to make it a PG at the cinema, but it would be nice to get what was released in the US as a 12 rated DVD release.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2018
  10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool well I'm more then happy with the cut that's in the cinema now. The kitchen stuff is kinda an old recycled gimmick and looking at those sketches I don't feel like I missed out on anything. Removing the allspark and thus the need to megs on earth is (for me) great I kinda grew to dislike it as a plot device and this opens up for Megatron to have a grand (re)introduction. I'd be interested in the design but that's about it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Plausible the Cybertron scene was an early change, and the 07 pruning came after.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lemonymous

lemonymous Active Member

Well at least based on this I can take solace in the fact that it's clear they are at the very least trying to distance themselves from prior "canon". Whether that means full reboot or not, who's to say? But that there's at least an intent there is undeniable. That's a nice takeaway.

• Like Like x 5
  13. User_136440

News Credits:
    Maybe. But even if that's the case it doesn't make sense that Knight 'forgot' that Megatron was in Hoover Dam when storyboarding the Cybertron scenes when he'd included Megatron in the Hoover Dam in the first cut that was used for test screenings.

14. Majayrick

Majayrick Active Member

interestingly
    if I remember correctly, over here in Germany they actually showed both post credit scenes before the credits
    I dont know if that\'s just my theatre

15. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Saw Bumblebee yesterday and I'm not sure what to think. I mean who is the target audience for this? Is it little kids, fans, girls, teens? My wife and son both hated it. Couldn't get behind all the emphasis on Charlie's story. At the end of the day I'm left asking what's the point?

16. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

It's about two broken people who save each other.

• Like Like x 19
  17. lemonymous

lemonymous Active Member

It depends on what order all of this happened in. It's entirely plausible that they said "let's do a cybertron scene to start it but we can't use megatron because he's in the dam" and then, as they moved along in post they decided to remove megatron from the dam, but at that point it was too late to go back and do more for the cybertron scene.

I'm not saying that's what happened, just that it's plausible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

Regardless, it's clear Paramount has forced Travis Knight to lie about the true nature of this film. Such a shame the studio heads have such a bruised ego from the failure of TLK that they refused to admit that Bayformers is over.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How? That would just solidify the prequel aspect as people here don't see having different designs as being a reboot. If that's the case, then I can just say Cybertronian Soundwave in this film sounded different and looked very different compared to Cybertronian Soundwave in ROTF so it has to be a reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  20. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Yeah my wife and I saw it together and thought the same thing too. We didn't hate but didn't love it either. And after reading about all of the changes made it only confirms what I had personally thought was happening behind the scenes.

I would have been okay with it being a straight up prequel to TF1 with a pinch of G1 thrown in and closed this version of the series off.

Paramount tried to have their cake and eat it too.